watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It wouldn't happen today

Started by Andy S, May 25, 2018, 09:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I remember being at the Cottage one Saturday afternoon when both teams came out wearing the same colour strip. The away side went back in and changed into our second strip before coming back out onto the pitch. Obviously it wouldn't happen today due to sponsorship deals on shirts. Does anyone else recollect this and who was the team?

Southdowns White

I do remember a night game under the lights many years ago probably late 70s,  may have been against Leyton Orient where the white of Fulham and the away Yellow with dark blue shorts made it difficult to distinguish one team from the other in the first half. Fulham came out wearing red away shits in the second half.

WhiteJC

I remember Fulham wearing their away kit, dark blue, at a home cup game? in the 60's, no idea who we were playing

Holders

The one that I remember is the night at QPR that gave rise to our "lucky" strip.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

NorfolkJim

I remember back in the 90's we were away at Lincoln and arrived without a kit and were loaned an all blue kit (in my memory it was by Chelsea but maybe I dreamed that bit unless anyone else remembers it)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: NorfolkJim on May 25, 2018, 11:26:11 AM
I remember back in the 90's we were away at Lincoln and arrived without a kit and were loaned an all blue kit (in my memory it was by Chelsea but maybe I dreamed that bit unless anyone else remembers it)

I remember that game.
We came out of the ground and into the car park.
Some older guy (60 ish) came up to me and my daughter and started ranting and raving
about us lucky and arrogant Londoners, almost foaming at the mouth, could have been rabies.
I think we won 2-0
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES