watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

After 43 years

Started by Andy S, May 27, 2018, 06:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

After 43 years I had given up on ever seeing Fulham at Wembley. Why? Because football has moved on and small teams are less likely to get there to any final. To ever see Fulham win a final in a packed out stadium with a wall of white was a far fetched dream. Saturday saw that dream come true. With modern technology of cameras and smart phones almost every aspect has been recorded somewhere. 1975's loss to West Ham sinks into oblivion now and sits squarely in a history book. It has now been replaced by May 26th 2018 as a day fans all over the world will talk about until the next time.
What a day. A day that tops my football memory list of which there are many. Thank you Fulham for the memory

Oakeshott

As you imply, those of us who were there in 1975 perhaps got extra pleasure out of the win yesterday. I too had given up hope of seeing the team at Wembley again. (Just hoping we can get there again in the not too distant future - the only certainty is that if it takes another 43 years I won't be there, or anywhere else!)

One reflection not team-related. What an improvement the new Wembley represents over the stadium as it was in 1975. Although a long way from the pitch, my view was perfect and all the stadium arrangements, from access and security to the number of toilets and bars, seem to have been very well thought out. And given that, understandably, half the stadium was empty by the time most of us Fulham fans left, getting out and walking up Wembley Way to the station only took about 20 minutes which was much quicker than I'd expected.

i_am_edi

From the perspective of someone that wasn't around back then - it still hit me pretty hard!

Getting to Wembley, the wall of white, knowing that many of the fans there yesterday were there 43 years ago. It''s a real special feeling when you turn around from your seat at the final whistle and the older gentlemen sitting behind you literally shed a tear. I was lucky enough to walk back down the stairs with that lifelong Fulham fan and hear a few of his stories from 1975. That to me was just as special as being there to see our team promoted while playing beautiful football! 049:gif