watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavs contract.

Started by aaronmcguigan, May 28, 2018, 06:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Do we pay up now to keep our man happy, or do we negotiate and lose him like Watford did? Daft question but would promotion wage rises be written into everyone's contract or willl there be negotiations gong on a plenty?

bill taylors apprentice

I'm sure there would be something in the contract in the way of a bonus and pay rise.

In fact I'd give him an extra bonus for the way he's achieved it and brought glory to the Club!

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 28, 2018, 06:42:06 PM
I'm sure there would be something in the contract in the way of a bonus and pay rise.

In fact I'd give him an extra bonus for the way he's achieved it and brought glory to the Club!

That's what I mean. Yea promotion was the aim, but to achieve it in the style we did must surely give the management team a sense of , they know what they're doing, and want backed further to continue to do what they're good at, no doubt there'll be some sniffs around the management team we've created. Dare say even Stuart Gray would be a great number one for someone again

filham

Clearly a priority it to get Jocanovic tied down to a good contract, trying to replace him would prove difficult and completely upset the team., remember how fortunate we were in signing him.

EJL

Give him whatever he wants

YoungsBitter

Quote from: EJL on May 28, 2018, 11:32:19 PM
Give him whatever he wants
Could not have said it better, the worst possible thing would be to try and nickel and dime him. Watford did it and he walked, his star is even more in an ascendancy so I think we should make the right move and nail him down. It demonstrates to him we are serious, it shows respect, which is a big deal for him. More importantly it sends the right signal to the players about clear priorities. With him in place we can then think about Mitro, as I think he would run through walls for Slav and maybe Sess, he knows he will start under Slav so it helps us keep him, at least for one more season.
Quark, strangeness and charm

HatterDon

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 28, 2018, 06:35:30 PM
Do we pay up now to keep our man happy, or do we negotiate and lose him like Watford did? Daft question but would promotion wage rises be written into everyone's contract or willl there be negotiations gong on a plenty?

The way I read it, Watford just didn't want him. They cut him loose 2 second after the end of the season. Their loss.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HV71

Excellent thread and I think one of the most important issues raised centres around respect. Whenever you read articles about Slav and Mitro the principal of doing the right thing and being treated right comes over very Strongly. Serbs are a very proud people and Mitro always talks about how has been accepted and loved by management and fans alike. I doubt if money is the only or main motivator for Slav - he is too classy for that - he will just want to be trusted and given the rewards he deserves.

In Joka I trust !!!

RaySmith

He will want the  chance to be successful with Fulham in the Prem, I think, not just avoid relegation- though that is a success in your first season.

But he is in a good bargaining position with the club, to get what he so richly deserves, and I'm sure the club will do everything they can to keep him at Fulham.

Fulham Tup North

049:gif However, if he does leave, there's a chap available with a very good record !
Only been relegated once......Felix Magath.  Anyone know much about him???  086.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Cottage Industry

I said in my last post, SJ after the win at Wembley said " Fulham, My Club, My Players, My Staff". In my book that says it all and I interpret that to mean I am going nowhere but to stay at Fulham. The Management I am sure will give him the backing he so richly deserves. See how our Chairman at the end of the match was so obviously delighted with our promotion and his apparent relationship with SJ whenever he is at Fulham. So do not worry SJ is not going to leave, at least that is how I see it. I was always confident that we would win promotion and that proved to be correct. Good football gave us the appreciation of many football pundits, long may that continue.

nose returns

as I understand, he has 1 year to go. He deserves, we derve, that is extended by two years IMO. Let's see what he can do at a higher level, personally I think he will be a breath of fresh air in the top flight and we may struggle to keep him so let us try and make him feel loved.

he is the best manager for us at this time and we should reward that. The style we play is wonderful and I think he will do what is needed.

Holders

Given the circumstances in which he left Watford, I'd be surprised if the conditions for what happens if/when we got promoted weren't written into his contract. He'll also have been given verbal indications at the time of recruitment. Khan had to work hard to get him and this will certainly have been thrashed out. A contract extension is a separate matter.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 29, 2018, 07:33:46 AM
049:gif However, if he does leave, there's a chap available with a very good record !
Only been relegated once......Felix Magath.  Anyone know much about him???  086.gif

Felix Wolfgang Magrath, it rings a bell, let me think, hmmm...... yes my Intelligence Unit have reported back that it is rumoured he is currently residing in secured premises somewhere around the Salt Mines of Siberia for impersonating a Football Manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

At one point on Saturday Slavisa & SK were in a long protracted hug. Would love to know what was said.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Madman Maddle

At one point earlier this season I was calling for his head. Always liked Jokan but thought he was too stubborn with our posession style despite not having enough quality while Cairney was out and no quality striker to slot home. Maybe he should've slightly altered it early in the season. But credit to him for staying true to this style. He has already stated very often that it's not his particular style, but the style he thinks suits our players. That's what great coaches are all about. However, if not for lucking into Targett and Mitro, I don't think he'd be our coach anymore. Also didn't agree that Kamara was dropped despite great form after Mitro arrived, always thought he should play AK on the wing. Thanks god in our two most crucial matches he unleashed AK.

gang

Quote from: HatterDon on May 29, 2018, 04:19:04 AM
Quote from: Newry FFC on May 28, 2018, 06:35:30 PM

The way I read it, Watford just didn't want him. They cut him loose 2 second after the end of the season. Their loss.

That's correct