https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luca de la Torre

Started by paulbrookersmazydribbles, May 29, 2018, 06:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulbrookersmazydribbles

cmg

Congratulations, indeed.
With two games on tour he's likely to get at least a look-in.

We don't half have some young talent, don't we?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

A tribute to our Academy but how many youngsters can you bring on in a Premiership team at the same time?
De la Torre, Edun, one  of our promising young goalies,plus others may not even be on the bench next season. I hope I am wrong

General

Doing a roll call of our promising players would be good.

We used to have a few weeks were excited for - kakaniklic, Roberts, Williams, Hyndman and Dembele all have won things in senior leagues or represented their countries at a senior level but have somewhat faltered since leaving recently..

For me the one I have most confidence in coming through for some reason is Rodak.. he always seems to impress people and perform despite his age.

I do have to admit I don't know much about the rest of our youth...

Fossey, de la torre, s. Sessegnon, foday nabay, Rodak, timmy Abraham,... where do these kids talent lie respectively? Are there any talented age groups where these guys particularly stand out both at club level but internationally?

I look at players whose names always popped up when our academy was doing well and for the most part Ruben Loftus cheek and Dominic solanke and kenedy all came up but and all of them are doing OK or well for their teams.. Liverpool and palace..

Don't young players really have to have drive in bucketloads to make a mark? And in the premiership are we going to be able to give these younger players the game time? Or loan them out again... it'll be interesting to see how we navigate that moving forward.

aaronmcguigan

For all the talent they have, now that we've moved up a level, we need them out and about showing their talent in the championship.
Matt ORiley, Tayo Edun, Marek Rodak, Stevie Humphrys, Luca De La Torre, Steven Sess I reckon should all be out on loan next season at least the start of the season, and they should be in the championship.

Having players on loan in league 1 or up in Scotland is no use when we know exactly what the championship is like and know how to excel in that league. It's the next logical step unless one of them has a standout pre season. No doubt we will start recruiting and the focus on the youth will need to take a back step in order to stabilise a premier league place which is why we still need to focus on these guys developments.

We kind of lost our way with ignoring some really talented youth who were farmed out and forgotten about, like Trotta, Woodrow, Williams. Let's make the most of what we have and maybe in a few years time they can be the spine of our team.

Chutney

It's key we get the best of them out to championship clubs next year
C O Y W

HatterDon

One thing to be celebrated is the fact that while Jol and the German fool screwed up our first-team squad as well as our reserves, the club ownership had enough savvy to maintain the high standards of our youth development squads. This is something I hope will continue. I'd love for Fulham to have the reputation that Southampton owns today, not to mention the reputation that Burnley had in the 60s and 70s.

Oh, and thrilled to bits about de la Torre getting his cap -- and he will.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FirstCoastFulham

Quote from: HatterDon on May 30, 2018, 03:52:21 AM
I'd love for Fulham to have the reputation that Southampton owns today, not to mention the reputation that Burnley had in the 60s and 70s.
That would be ideal wouldn't it? Realistically we small fry can rarely hope to keep a player in his prime but, with judicious management of the Academy and a well reasoned approach to the transfer market, there's no reason we can't keep budding talent and seasoned experience in equal supply and give ourselves a permanent place in the Premier League with the odd run at Europe or a cup