watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan let Patrick be a lesson for you

Started by KingofCheese, June 04, 2018, 01:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

We all know how good young Ryan is and so do the so called "big boys" who are trying to steal him from us (for a big price of course) but he should consider the fate of Patrick Roberts. Once our "sweetheart" he took the big lure of Man City to play with the big boys. However, he ended up at Celtic, yes a big stadium and lots of fans but frankly the Scottish Prem is halfway between the Championship and League 1 so the quality of football is actually not better than our Championship which must be the most competitive second div in the world. Finally, maybe Ryan can consider that he was mentioned as a player that could go to the world Cup with England but Patrick isn't considered - in fact outside Scotland I doubt anyone (not from Fulham or Man City) remembers him - and that is because Ryan plays in a relevant league. Going to the likes of Man Utd or Liverpool who may well loan him out can only put his development back in my opinion.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

cmg

Without going into the relative merits of the two players (they are rather different types of player), I think it highly unlikely that Sess would countenance a move, either now or in the future, to the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool without very detailed foreknowledge of what they intended doing with him.
At present he is an almost certain starter for a PL team. If he is transferred to another PL team he cannot be loaned back. PL regs for loans are much more restrictive than those we have taken good advatage of in the Ch.

cmg

PL loan regs:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

HatterDon

Ryan has said he wants to develop his career with Fulham.

Drives me crazy, this progression:

1. Lazy journo links Sess with a "big club"

2. Everyone here talks about how it would be a mistake

3. Folks start to talk about how he's really overrated

4. Folks claim he's disloyal ... should stay at home ... head too big for his hat ... ungrateful

In the meantime, HE'S NOT SAID HE WANTS TO LEAVE.

I see this over and over and over.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rubbernecca

Quote from: HatterDon on June 04, 2018, 03:23:42 PM

4. Folks claim he's disloyal ... should stay at home ... head too big for his hat ... ungrateful

:plus one:

aaronmcguigan

Patrick played in the premier league for us, then played in the championship for us under Kit and Felix.
He moved at the end of the season where we finished 19th I think.

You wouldnt begrudge Ryan a move if we had a poor season last season. Its only because we now have Slav, that things took a turn for the better, and young prospects actually believe they can achieve things,and maximise potential at Fulham. Sorry, but by the time Patrick left, this club was an absolute mess; going nowhere, under the management of a man out of his depth and he knew it.
Even to go and train in the City reserves was a step up from the nonsense we were playing week in week out.

What happened to Patrick since is out of our control, and to an extent, owing to his injuries, out of his control.  But to be fair, i see a lot of Roberts/Sessegnon comparison , but the truth still stands that hes 21, has won 6 trophies , won a European Championship at under 17 level, and has played premier league football for 2 teams. He has learned from the likes of Brendan Rodgers , Pep and Pellegrini. Im sorry but I would take that over a 19th place finish under Kit Symons. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but without it , he made the right move at the right time, and probably improving his bank balance at the same time

KingofCheese

This thread wasn't really about Roberts and his choices but what can happen to a player with talent lured to the big time by the likes of the top six in the premier. Not just him but loads of talented players have been bought and dumped quickly. Here's an opinion on Roberts from a Man City forum..

"The evidence is that even when fit he's really struggled to get regular minutes at Celtic this season and hasn't contributed much at all. I also suspect that his refusal to back himself to play in the Premier League is ability related- probably didn't think he was ready to hold down a regular starting place at a PL club."

If he gets into the squads of the top six and they struggle to win games a player as good as Ryan will be over looked for an experienced bought in foreign star at the drop of a hat. So maybe you can earn big wages in the reserves or loaned out to a Scottish "giant" or similar and yes you can win the local top league but let's face facts, everyone knows what the quality of those leagues are like so it won't be worth the same as being in a premier team week in week out will it?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HatterDon on June 04, 2018, 03:23:42 PM

When interviewed after the game,the reporter said to him"Well Ryan Premier league next season will that be with Fulham"
Ryan said Of course it will be 100%.
The papers can state a different team everyday he isn't going anywhere.

aaronmcguigan

I think one main difference is that we believed the hype with Roberts, whereas most of Europe seems to have bought into the possibilities of the extent of Sessegnons potential

RaySmith

Agree with Newry -Ryan is an integral member of a team that won promotion into the Prem with Fulham, while Pat was part of a Fulham squad that  was going in the other direction.

I wonder if Pat himself sees his career so far as a failure.

But Ryan is a different player and person,  and things are working out a lot differently for him with Fulham than for Pat.

Fulhamboy1

Looks like Leicester are now interested in Roberts, to be part of the Mahrez deal with City. So the eventual outcome could be good for him, there's no doubting his ability. Who would like to see him back at the Cottage? Me for one.