watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aston Villa a Lesson for Ambitious Fans

Started by Daddy Pig, June 07, 2018, 09:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Pig

Sympathy to Aston Villa fans who have been let down by their owners.

It's so easy for us ambitious fans to moan about owners who don't invest.  Truth is we all need owners who are passionate about our clubs, who are ambitious but also live within their means.

Congratulations to the Khan's who have taken a responsible and patient approach.

They also appear to be listening and learning about football - looks like a good few years might be ahead....

Bassey the warrior

Absolutely. Or QPR last time they were in Premier League. If you splash the cash on mercenaries it kills team spirit.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I agree, we have all seen it before.
Some of these mercenaries or big time charlie's, can be high maintenance, and apart from being expensive, because of their inflated egos, they come along thinking they are are doing us all a favour by signing for us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

I feel sorry for the supporters. They have been badly let down by the club.

grandad

I much prefer the sustainability approach we adopt. Those on here that keep slagging off the Khans for not spending their billions need to see what is happening to AV & other so called big clubs in the past.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mitch

I don't know about 'ambition' being the root cause, but maybe a lack of transparency about what a club can afford to/not to do. Double-edged sword however, because for every time you're clear and open with your finances to the the fans, you leave yourself open to starting with a bad negotiating position when it comes to transfers etc.

Mitch

Quote from: Twig on June 07, 2018, 10:44:44 AM

Same. As much as I now have a complete dislike for them post Wembley build up, I don't wish the loss of a club on anyone.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on June 07, 2018, 10:44:44 AM
Exactly this.

Lighthouse

I agree it is the fans that always suffer. But I am sure this has been pointed out before. But the greed of Aston Villa is passed on  to other clubs. We are still owed 6 million quid from Villa for the Ross McCormack deal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

It's quite amusing that, elsewhere on this forum, we have the Aston Villa model of financial activity being advocated by a bloke whose namesake's financial skills destroyed a multi-billion pound organisation.

cmg

I suppose, if Villa do go under, we will have to whistle for the McCormack money.
When I was in the building trade the first thing you did when a firm you were working for went bust (very frequent!) was to send in a lorry to pick up all the stuff you hadn't been paid for before the Reciever could get his mitts on it (only place this didn't work was Wandsworth Prison - very difficult to get stuff out of).
Wouldn't work for footballers though. In Ross' case you'd probably need a bigger lorry.

alfie

I honestly feel that us supporters should take a small amount of blame, because it is us that demand the clubs splash out on very expensive players (only a small amount mind you)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RoyTund

They gambled everything on going up. Just shows you where the pressure was a couple of weeks ago.

RaySmith

Yes, going up would have solved a lot of their problems.

What a crucial win that was.

Nasty Neil

Just talking about this, the first team I've never felt any empathy 4 their fans due to their recent behaviour; big club ha ha = big problems. Arrogance + entitlement = nothing so much for all that history and the prem needs a big midlands club, much rather WWFC fans

HV71

Quote from: cmg on June 07, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

I suppose, if Villa do go under, we will have to whistle for the McCormack money.
When I was in the building trade the first thing you did when a firm you were working for went bust (very frequent!) was to send in a lorry to pick up all the stuff you hadn't been paid for before the Reciever could get his mitts on it (only place this didn't work was Wandsworth Prison - very difficult to get stuff out of).
Wouldn't work for footballers though. In Ross' case you'd probably need a bigger lorry.

You would never get him past those tricky gates of his

toshes mate

Although it is unconfirmed suspicion at the moment there is a suggestion in some media channels that the Villa 'tax money' may involve PAYE and NI payments which is more complicated in its implications.