watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which game last season really changed our season for the best

Started by The Swan, June 07, 2018, 07:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I think Millwall away was massive for us.

They were on an unbeaten run to rival our own and we were coming into the fixture after a disastrous result against Brentford.

Winning that fixture gave the team and the fans some much needed belief going into the final fixtures.

ffcthereligion

Ipswich at home was when I realised we were getting play offs

Maidstone Lee

There's so many to choose from, Millwall away was the boost we needed after the late goal by Brentford the week before, the smash and grab at Middlesbrough, the last minute winner at Preston and also Sheff Wed away. Also the loss at Sunderland was probably a blessing in disguise, didn't feel like it at the time, was a long journey home!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

filham

This is a hard call, I think I agree with all of the above, they were all great turning points , put them together and they add up to promotion.The Sunderland and Brentford matches could have turned things in the other direction but they didnt which shows we had a great team this season, just hope it is not now broken up.

Russianrob

Sheffield United away.Watching live on Fulham TV in Russia and the temperature here on that night was something stupid like minus 30 degrees.Winning 5-4 away from home gave me such a warm feeling that it inspired me to survive the Russian winter.The win that night also inspired Fulham and we went on to great things---and greater is still to come!!

Burt

Sunderland away was definitely "rock bottom", and the rest of the season's success seemed to spring from this defeat and the aftermath.

When we walloped Burton 6-0 soon after that was when I genuinely felt like we were going to be contenders.

When we then won 5 and drew 1 against those teams above and around us in that 6-match sequence was when I thought we would make it. Despite Brentford's last minute equalizer and the defeat at St Andrews.

But Sunderland away was the springboard, and it coincided with Kline going, Slav becoming more certain of his responsibilities, Mitro coming in, etc. etc.

The Enclosurite

Sunderland away.  A low point for the season which seemed to spur the team on to the level they should have been playing at.  The rest is history.
¡COYW!

bog

A cross between Middlesborough and Sheff United away. We never used to win at either grounds and I will never forget the late pen coming up on the screen in Final Score or the goals flying in at Bramall Lane.  049:gif

092.gif

Baszab

I went to Sheff Utd - that was definitely the turning point - it just clicked that night

epsomraver

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 07, 2018, 07:51:51 PM
Millwall away....... could not believe the hostile atmosphere the Wall fans created.
The boys took it and smashed it back at em, very brave performance by Fulham.
0001.jpeg

HatterDon

It wasn't any match. It was when "our useless money-grubbing front office that can't tell a good player from rubbish" loaned in Targett, Mitro, and Christie. Without the first two, we probably don't qualify for the playoffs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamFrenchFans

I personally enjoyed the 2-0 victory against Villa at home :)

St Eve

charliejones141

5-4 won at Bramall Lane for me. In our worst run of form and we put in such a hearty performance that night with Sess finally playing further forward and scoring a hat trick.

gezkc

The 2-2 draw with QPR at home for me. We were well on top in the first half and then let it slip at a vital stage of our season. It could all have gone downhill from there, but I think it gave us the wake up call we needed to push on for the remaining games.

SuffolkWhite

So many games that turned the season but Sheff Utd away gave the confidence that we could turn things around.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

There were so many but I have to go for the 5-4 away win at Sheffield United. Older fans will know we rarely used to win at home v them never mind away. Fantastic result.  049:gif

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 07, 2018, 07:51:51 PM
Millwall away....... could not believe the hostile atmosphere the Wall fans created.
The boys took it and smashed it back at em, very brave performance by Fulham.

0001.jpeg

sarnian

Leeds at home. Looked like being 1'- 1 in difficult game, Betts makes fantastic save and we go straight to other end to make it 2 - 0