more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the future of the loan system?

Started by Andy S, June 11, 2018, 09:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

What is the future of the loan system?
Who needs it most & who does the loan system benefit?

Nero

It should benefit the player most, as young players get a chance of 1st team experience to add there development and the parent club get to see them play in a 1st team environment , but in some chases e.g its just seen as a money making exercise surely if they had any plans for Kalas, Piazon at the ages of 24/25 they would be in and around the first team squad. With what Chelsea are doing it could bring an end to the loan system in future. 

gang

I worry about the loan system, last time we were promoted we had loan players that returned to their parent club and we struggled, this time we may have the same problem.

fulhamben

Quote from: gang on June 11, 2018, 09:36:41 AM
I worry about the loan system, last time we were promoted we had loan players that returned to their parent club and we struggled, this time we may have the same problem.
? Which loan player did we miss? We bought boa the best loan we have ever had imo and who were the others that we missed and made us struggle?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Needs complete revision.
An age cap.. Maybe 22 or 23
No loans within same division.
Limit number allowed, both in and out of a club.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Ultimately it benefits the club holding a player's registration, provided, of course, the loan move is a calculated risk that the individual concerned improves their ability and, therefore, their value.  It is one of many  areas that seems to be crying out for reform and yet remain impervious to the ruling authorities.   Would going back to reserve team leagues help or hinder?

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on June 11, 2018, 10:40:09 AM
Needs complete revision.

Those ideas have a lot of merit, IMO.

grandad

I would like a cap on the number of young players clubs such as the Blue Poo can have on their books & put 30+ of them out on loan. None of these players are likely to make the 1st team squads. The players involved can have no feeling for their parent club & are just pawns.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on June 11, 2018, 10:40:09 AM
Needs complete revision.

Makes sense, I agree on all these suggestions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on June 11, 2018, 11:18:40 AM
I would like a cap on the number of young players clubs such as the Blue Poo can have on their books & put 30+ of them out on loan. None of these players are likely to make the 1st team squads. The players involved can have no feeling for their parent club & are just pawns.

I feel there are a lot of good points you make.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We seem to have taken an active part in the system while in the Championship but I wonder if we will now sign more players on a permanent basis.

Andy S

If you can afford to and have a good academy set up you could certainly bring players on before selling them to lower league clubs. the more you have the bigger chances that a few will come through the ranks

Skatzoffc

I thought the new rules said you cant loan in the same division.

Is that not the case?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

imo they should limit the number of players on a club's books.
Simples.

Having 40 odd players on loans, as well as the 1st, 2nd, (and sometimes 3rd), team is the problem.

You can only have 25 in a squad after all.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Beamer

I have always felt that there should only be loans available downwards and a limit to the number of players any club should be allowed to have out on loan. That would apply across the football spectrum so that a premier league side couldn't loan players to the top tier anywhere else. Basically to stop the 'big' clubs buying the rising talent to stop anybody else having them.
The loan system was designed to give up and coming players some first team experience they wouldn't get at their own clubs and help their development, whilst helping lower league clubs manage their finances better - a win win scenario but like most things in the football industry it has been totally abused.
Some big changes needed.
Whilst we are on the subject of abuse let's make agents get paid by the person they work for ie the player. So clubs no longer pay the agent but the player does out of the money he makes from wages/transfers. There was a story going about recently of a £4 million transfer that was struggling because the agent wanted £5 million on top - just barmy.