more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Message From Our Chairman

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 18, 2018, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

A Message From Our Chairman

Greetings to everyone in the Fulham family!

I understand the celebrations are still going strong in many parts of SW6.  I know for a fact that toasts to your Club continue throughout the world, as I have been privileged to participate in many of them!  So, while the afterglow of our victory and promotion on May 26 continues, I just wanted to say that you have my approval to keep the party going.  There should be no closure to the joy and happiness we all were able to enjoy last month at Wembley Stadium, and I will always be humbled to have been part of something so magical after serving five seasons as your chairman, knowing that many of you waited forever for this moment and, ultimately, the memory of a lifetime.

If the enormity of everything we saw and earned in our 1-0 win over Aston Villa didn't seem real, it certainly must have on Thursday with the release of our 2018-2019 fixtures in the English Premier League.

As I noted the last time I wrote to you, just before the match at Wembley, the Sky Bet Championship was (and is) a fantastic league with great clubs, managers and players, some of the best grounds in England, passionate supporters and a competitive level that didn't permit the luxury of even a brief losing spell. Teams promoted from the Championship to the Premier League earn it, and I commend Aston Villa and their supporters for their effort and showing at Wembley that perhaps on another day would have been enough to send their side through.                     

As the victory at Wembley over a tough Aston Villa squad was extremely emotional to me, and likely you, the release of the fixtures on Thursday was fulfilling and satisfying.  It's wonderful to see Fulham in the same company, again, with recent world football powers like Manchester City and Liverpool.  And the five London derbies at Craven Cottage, starting with the season opener in less than two months against our friend Roy Hodgson and Crystal Palace, are reason alone for high anticipation for the upcoming campaign.

And, I like how our fixtures shake out overall.  After being on the road on Boxing Day the past four seasons we played in the Championship, as well as in my first season as chairman in the Premier League in 2013, I'm very happy that we will finally be home for the holidays against Wolves on Boxing Day and again on December 29 vs. Huddersfield Town, followed by a London derby at Arsenal on New Year's Day.  That's good news for our players, their families and our supporters who can see Fulham play in person throughout the holiday season without having to leave London.

It's also impossible to overlook our immediate return to Wembley Stadium to face Spurs in the second match of the season.  It's an away fixture, but it will feel like home!

I'm just overjoyed for everyone this summer as we look forward to Premier League action again in August.  The Premier League is the most watched football league in the world, broadcast in over 180 countries to around one billion households.  The Premier League counts more than three billion followers globally, ensuring that your club and the values it stands for will be reintroduced to the world.  An added benefit of that is the impressive and excellent work by the Fulham Football Club Foundation will be brought to an increased global audience. The Foundation will deliver an array of Premier League community initiatives, in addition some of their ground-breaking programmes already developed.

We will continue in the months ahead to shape our roster for the Premier League, but in the meantime I hope you'll enjoy the FIFA World Cup with friends and family knowing that it's a fact – we're going up!  I also wish England the very best this evening vs. Tunisia and throughout the tournament, but I do know Fulham has fans everywhere who support other national teams in all corners of the globe.  So, to everyone – good luck in Russia!

Thanks for your kind words over the years and especially over the past three weeks.  Enjoy the summer!  I'll see you at Craven Cottage very soon.

COYW!

Shahid Khan, Chairman

gezkc

A very nice message.
I have to admit I was hoping he'd be telling us we'd signed Mitro though!

snarks

I like that.

I know it doesn't matter 1 jot, whether I do or not, but the fact is I do.

RaySmith

colinwhite

Fernhurst

Quote from: snarks on June 18, 2018, 10:58:39 AM
I like that.

So do I

Fine man.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

It certainly is a nice gesture, and i appreciate it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

David I

Like statto, I don't really see the point.. no real content in the message. Just a keep partying and prepare for the Prem... No encouraging snippets such as we are in the process of signing 5 (or even1) world class or Prem league player ...

Holders

No real content but I thought it nice that he kept in touch during the close season.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jamie88

Quote from: Statto on June 18, 2018, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 18, 2018, 10:45:32 AM
many of you waited forever for this moment and, ultimately, the memory of a lifetime.

Steady on. It was not the Europa League final

It was getting back to where we were when he took over, ie back to square one

My personal report card for our chairman has gone from grade F in his first couple of seasons to a B-

Don't really see the purpose of this statement to be honest, seems a but unnecessary and OTT

Are you ever happy??

The Enclosurite

'recent world football powers like Manchester City and Liverpool'   064.gif
¡COYW!

alfie

many of you waited forever for this moment and, ultimately, the memory of a lifetime.

My personal report card for our chairman has gone from grade F in his first couple of seasons to a B-

Don't really see the purpose of this statement to be honest, seems a but unnecessary and OTT
Come on Statto if he said nothing you would be complaining about that, give the guy a break
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LVBPTS

Quote from: alfie on June 18, 2018, 01:02:44 PM

Come on Statto if he said nothing you would be complaining about that, give the guy a break

exactly my thoughts!
Supporter since 2000

General

Tend to agree... felt it was slightly empty in terms of genuine content. At one point early on it sounded like he was calling time on his relationship with the club.

I suppose the good thing is that people he's been meeting with have kept on congratulating him this far along and it's making a bigger impression on him than he had expected and hopefully pushing him closer to the club and making and concerted effort to invest and see us become successful.

Other things I took out of it included his mentioning of Wembley as almost a second home - close to purchasing? The fact that all his pictures include him with or congratulating slavisa.

I suppose he is also just excited and aware of the figures for the premiership - it'll be interesting to see how that influences the commercial side of our club and whether we start seeing more collaborations between us and the jaguars.

The one thing over the years that I've noticed is that Fulham fans do tend to be found in the oddest but relatively senior positions within business and public life (latest revelation being coo of yum group which owns KFC, pizza hut etc ).. whilst we are genuinely well thought of as a club by most other fans.

Next though I'd like to see a note from our chairman with 5 exciting signings standing next to him and a real statement of intent being made about the direction and ambition of the club all with slavisas seal of approval.

I appreciate it's an ask, but after 5 years in relative wilderness rebranding fulham this summer ambitions exciting /ambitious etc would be the perfect way to tackle the premiership.

bill taylors apprentice

He does write a really lovely letter (or his PR man does) and it gives out a nice warm glow!

He's close to being as good an owner that you could ask for but all that's been achieved so far has only got us back to where we were when he took over.

So sweet words are very welcome but a little more achieving has to be done before he's up their with the best.
Good stuff all the same!

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 18, 2018, 11:48:38 AM
Quote from: snarks on June 18, 2018, 10:58:39 AM
I like that.

So do I

Fine man.

+1 Better than Clay.

092.gif

Andy S

PR man that's a bit sexist do you think!

Andy S

It would be nice to hear his policy but I guess we will find that out soon enough.

Stevieboy

Nice of him to even conact us, typically English that some of us even find fault with a random act of togetherness!!
Ok we are back where we were when he took over.....but it wasn't his policies that sent us down.
I know MAF and his outward enthusiasm is a tough act to follow but I think Mr.Khan has the ability to overshadow all of MAFs achievements....that saying MAF will,to me, always have legend status at this club.
And if we are talking of meaningful content on here....well.....064.gif !!

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif ALWAYS BELIEVING 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

gezkc

Quote from: Holders on June 18, 2018, 12:41:40 PM
No real content but I thought it nice that he kept in touch during the close season.

I agree - not every owner would bother to do that.