Our Wembley back 4

Started by Riversider, June 18, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on June 21, 2018, 10:43:28 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 20, 2018, 08:24:07 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 20, 2018, 07:34:32 PM
"Only one of them available for our first game of the season!"
I don't get why this is a big deal.  Sure, we need to strengthen the squad and Freddo needs replacement but if our first game saw a back line of Christie, Ream, Kalas and Sess it would hardly be a crisis. (And yes I prefer Sess to play further forward, but I see no reason to be sensationalist)

Good grief  😕
If Sess is in the back four for the 1st game then he is probably there until January, we can't have that.

Let's hope our Crack Recruitment Team are beavering away with lashings of overtime available to produce 3 or 4 new starters, with surgery in the defence a priority, and at least a further 4 or 5 squad players who are capable of holding their own in the Premier League. Subject to the Squad being augmented by one or two of our promising youngsters also breaking into the squad.
But one things for sure, unless a number of our first choice targets are secured in time to get involved in preseason, and we start the news season with a bigger and better squad than we finished last season.
Then we could be caught with our trousers down at the commencement of the season, and the Premier League can be unforgiving if we are not up to scratch, and unlike the Championship, we will get severely punished, because we basically need two players of quality in each position, just to give ourselves a fighting chance.
We will not get away with passengers or square pegs in round holes in the Premier League. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.