watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Message From Our Chairman

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 18, 2018, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

I'm definitely not finding fault with this, it's a nice touch.  However the fact remains that it was hardly "the memory of a lifetime" we have been promoted to the prem before under the previous owner and did it in some style. 
So, in summary; nice to be in touch but a bit heavy on the hyperbole and lacking in any new content. Let's hear about some urgently needed signings next please.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Twig on June 18, 2018, 03:33:57 PM
I'm definitely not finding fault with this, it's a nice touch.  However the fact remains that it was hardly "the memory of a lifetime" we have been promoted to the prem before under the previous owner and did it in some style. 
So, in summary; nice to be in touch but a bit heavy on the hyperbole and lacking in any new content. Let's hear about some urgently needed signings next please.

the fact it was done at wembley in the manner we did is what he is alluding to under the memory of a lifetime so for that reason, he is correct
Supporter since 2000

MJG

Under Tigana it was a great season and we did it in style and I have great memories of that and other promotions.
But I have to say for raw energy and emotion I have never as a fulham fan experienced anything like Wembley. Winning a trophy and going up as champions is of course special, but if we could only ever go up by winning a final like that again, Id take that day over a long slog of a season and eventually winning it. I'd take it of course, but nothing to me beats a one off game.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

I've supported Fulham for over 60 years and I can quite honestly say it was my
"Memory of a lifetime"

Last time we got promoted was on the back of 11 straight wins so we were nailed on to go up.
First game attended.
Cup semifinals
And other significant games too numerous to mention but Preston at home to win the league looms large (1971?) lost 0-1
For me personally our Wembley experience was nothing other than an explosion of joy. My son has a video of the seconds after the game, and I'm muttering the same words as Gentleman Jim "Thank God"
So for me I agree wholeheartedly with our Chairman.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

nose returns

I like the message. It seems to me it is showing that he has become hooked and more like one of us than the quiet business man.

I of course would have liked him to say i am splashing out multi millions to ensure we get to Europe at the first time of asking but he cannot do that or the asking prices will sky rocket when a fulham rep turns up.

I am very happy he wrote and like the style!

Holders

Quote from: nose returns on June 18, 2018, 04:26:34 PM
I like the message. It seems to me it is showing that he has become hooked and more like one of us than the quiet business man.

I of course would have liked him to say i am splashing out multi millions to ensure we get to Europe at the first time of asking but he cannot do that or the asking prices will sky rocket when a fulham rep turns up.

I am very happy he wrote and like the style!

You're quite right - he can't show his hand on that account.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

VicHalomsLovechild

You can't replicate the Tigana years because of FFP and you can't blame the drop totally on the chairman. He tried using a team of good pros to pick a manager that didn't work but he got us Slavisa. Stats didn't totally work out so he made a change there. Lastly he opened his wallet in January. Which when you add that to the mix of a good manager and a team starting to rediscover themselves it made the difference. The winning run came to an end and let's be fair did we really think we would come out winners? It had "Fulhamish" written all over it.
Then there was the White Wall of Wembley ( whoever came up with that deserves a big prize) Could you imagine that at Hamburg!
Mistakes have been made on his watch but plenty of Clubs have Chairman making mistakes. He seems to learn pretty quick though. Even Nose is happy! I think he's good for Fulham and I hope he stays and gets us to Wembley again and not just to play Spurs. We haven't brought anyone yet so people are getting a bit twitchy. The letter has come at the right moment.

Nice one  051

General

Quote from: Andy S on June 18, 2018, 02:09:20 PM
PR man that's a bit sexist do you think!

There's a video of an interview done with shahid when he went to a Fulham game then entertained people on his yacht in london and then watched the jaguars at Wembley - around the time trump had and go at NFL players for protesting during the national anthem.

In the video it shows a press release statement being prepared by his PR man and shown to shahid to give to the seal of approval /once over.

Very common if you do press stuff for an individual... but key point being the press person was a guy in this instance.. so not sexist just factual.

terryr

I'm very happy with the Chairman's statement.
Finding fault where there is none is the sign of an unhappy soul.
It's feel good time not "Shad OUT!" Time

General

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/04/shad-khan-jacksonville-jaguars-owner-london-anthem-protests-fulham

Think this is the interview - didn't watch the video back but if it's the right one you'll see it

Twig

I guess everyone has a different memory of a lifetime and it is a combination of things; the result, the way it was achieved, the company one was with, the partying afterwards ..... For me it was a slightly odd one, the away leg draw against Hamburger SV.  Somehow we sensed (actually knew) we would make it to the final after a terrific away performance and we partied in great and good humoured company afterwards until late.

bill taylors apprentice

I think the problems in your head!

Tempest

Can't believe so many so happy with this "statement". It contains words but says absolutely nothing.  Cannot understand how this makes him class etc? 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 18, 2018, 06:04:27 PM

I think the problems in your head!

Andy S you need to relax and chill mate, as Bill Taylor's Apprentice has identified the problem appears to be in your Uncle Ned.
To much of a diet of PC is no good to anyone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

I think it is a nice statement and it shows he is a decent fella :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

aaronmcguigan

Bit peculiar this statement . It literally has given no information other than his thoughts and reads like a diary entry.
It was a great win but in hindsight, as owner or custodian, he's brought the club back to where he left it. Would have been fine if he had also issued similar statements or been as visible when we were relegated, been rock bottom of the championship or undergoing poor form.. he seems to pipe up when we're doing well and looks as if he wants the credit , but times like the above or when the fans are looking clarity and confirmation such as last pre season when his son decided to employ his mate and run amok, he was nowhere to be seen.

On the flip side, any message is a good message , but if there was to be any communication from any club official, I'd prefer it to come from Slav himself. It's similar to new signing announcements if anyone has noticed, there's always a quote from Khan and nothing from Slav.

If the announcement shows he's going to be a more hands on owner then fair enough, but showing up a few times a season, then portraying himself as saviour when he helped orchestrate the downfall is a tad offputting.

Realise everyone has differing viewpoints though but I'd be happier to hear him next while announcing a new signing , showing his intent for the year ahead

Nero

Quote from: MJG on June 18, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
Under Tigana it was a great season and we did it in style and I have great memories of that and other promotions.
But I have to say for raw energy and emotion I have never as a fulham fan experienced anything like Wembley. Winning a trophy and going up as champions is of course special, but if we could only ever go up by winning a final like that again, Id take that day over a long slog of a season and eventually winning it. I'd take it of course, but nothing to me beats a one off game.
Also no FFP when we went up last time

Lighthouse

The statement is a nice and welcome PR bit to remind us we are all on the same side. Nothing wrong with a bit of PR. As for the memory of a lifetime. I would put it right up there with the FA Cup final. Those who prefer the Europa run and final make a good point but Europe was never that important to me over domestic success.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Tempest on June 18, 2018, 06:06:33 PM
Can't believe so many so happy with this "statement". It contains words but says absolutely nothing.  Cannot understand how this makes him class etc? 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Do people enjoy putting the guy down? To me it says a lot, personally I think it shows that his belief in the club is a lot more than people give him credit for.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Forever Fulham

It's a very well written letter to the fans.  I doubt he wrote it, but I'm fairly certain he reviewed it and maybe edited it.  I would dearly like to know what his long game is.  How it fits with NFL expansion team plans, if at all.  Buying Wembley...  He needs to find creative ways to buy quality talent so that we stay up after promotion.  I don't know the statistics on first year promoted teams managing to survive relegation from the Premier League, but I'll bet the percentages are poor.  This is the transition year.  Just staying up this first year will be a big accomplishment.