watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bid for Targett

Started by FFChris, June 22, 2018, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFChris

According to Sky we have made a bid of £10m for Matt Targett but Southampton don't want to sell him.
Also we have turned down a £20m bid for TC from WHU

Found on Skysports.com 'Transfer Live'

Bassey the warrior

Would be great signing, but not sure I'd go higher than £15m. Come on Matt, hand in a request to leave.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As I said on another website this is probably recycled old news.
If we have asked about him before at the same orice as also it was reported that W.H bid for Cairney, what would that be repeated now.

fulhamben

Wow, ten million for Targett and it was turned down. And we wouldn't pay 10.4 to keep Frederick's for four years
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 04:18:12 PM
Wow, ten million for Targett and it was turned down. And we wouldn't pay 10.4 to keep Frederick's for four years

10.4 plus the cost of bringing every other player's wages up to achieve parity with Fredericks for those  four years

have you seen their contracts then. And again we are going to have  very hard season if we can't attract anyone on 50k. Might aswell just build for the season after in the championship.

filham

Hard to believe that £10m is not sufficient to bring in a full back from Southampton.
We need to be careful in this window, asking prices look as if they may become ridiculous.

Not sure who is pushing prices up, agents or the media.

MJG

Not sure why people are surprised at the cost. Been saying for a while that 8-10m for bog standard PL player is the going rate.
It's almost the starting point in most cases.
Things have changed dramatically since we fell out of it, it's a different world to the one we left.
Just the views of a long term fan

Lyle from Hangeland

West Ham is headed for bankruptcy. Stay out of their way.

RaySmith

I think Targett is player worth  spending money on, but I'm sure the club has  its limits as to how far  we will go.

But Targett was such an important player for us last season, and combines well with the team and style.

HatterDon

unless things have changed significantly in the last few weeks, FFC doesn't say how much they offer, spend, or pay for salaries. EVERYTHING saying how much we bid or how big the contract was offered is just pure conjecture ... AKA fibbing
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Hope this can happen but also agree I would not go much higher then 10. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 05:59:49 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 04:29:55 PM

10.4 plus the cost of bringing every other player's wages up to achieve parity with Fredericks for those  four years

have you seen their contracts then. And again we are going to have  very hard season if we can't attract anyone on 50k. Might aswell just build for the season after in the championship.

no i haven't but it doesn't need to be in your contract for you to get pi$$ed off when you colleague is getting 20% more pay than you for doing the same job

as for the £50k figure i actually agree with you... our championship staff costs were about £30m once you take out coaching staff, senior mgmt et al, which works out about  £27k average salary for the 21 first team players. This season we can't go up higher than about double that without breaching FFP, so we'll probably have an average salary of about £50k pw. I've no idea what we offered fredericks but I'd guess we offered about that, £40k-£50k pw, and West ham must have offered £60k+
so do you think our player of the season is pissed off and demanding more money than Cairney? Can we expect an imminent transfer request from Ream?

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 06:29:25 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 05:59:49 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 04:29:55 PM

no i haven't but it doesn't need to be in your contract for you to get pi$$ed off when you colleague is getting 20% more pay than you for doing the same job

as for the £50k figure i actually agree with you... our championship staff costs were about £30m once you take out coaching staff, senior mgmt et al, which works out about  £27k average salary for the 21 first team players. This season we can't go up higher than about double that without breaching FFP, so we'll probably have an average salary of about £50k pw. I've no idea what we offered fredericks but I'd guess we offered about that, £40k-£50k pw, and West ham must have offered £60k+
so do you think our player of the season is pissed off and demanding more money than Cairney? Can we expect an imminent transfer request from Ream?

i assume defenders get paid less than forwards and playmakers like cairney. so maybe last season cairney was on £40k, ream on £25k, both get the same % pay rise, eg a 60% pay rise across the team would put cairney on £65k and ream on £40k... then in that context you imagine fredericks is on the same as ream but demands a 140% pay rise to £60k that's going to unsettle ream more... of course i've no idea what the actual figures are surely you see what i mean?
I'd be amazed if the players had that sort of pay rise across the board.  And yes, if you believe all players demand  what others get that do the same job, then it surely stands to reason that Ream will demand to be top earner as our player of the season. I clearly don't though. In the same way that I do not believe all players would demand parity with Frederick's or Cairney. They might ask, but unless someone  else thinks they are worth that, which they obviously did with Tom and Ryan, then you are not going to get it.

toshes mate

Quote from: HatterDon on June 22, 2018, 05:22:42 PM
unless things have changed significantly in the last few weeks, FFC doesn't say how much they offer, spend, or pay for salaries. EVERYTHING saying how much we bid or how big the contract was offered is just pure conjecture ... AKA fibbing
According to an article I recently read no clubs reveal transfer fees directly to the media.  Sources close to either club involved may disclose a fee or wage but they are seldom accurate since contracts contain all sorts of specifics and less specific adds ons and vagaries, and, as we well know, repayment plans.  The article also said that the purchasing club may 'leak' a fee that is somewhat more or less than the same 'leak' would be from the selling club dependent on the politics of the deal among supporters.  A whole heap of deceits and sleights of hand that occur during the bidding process were also noted.  It is a very strange marketplace for something that should seem much more straightforward.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 07:11:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 22, 2018, 06:57:23 PM
if you believe all players demand  what others get that do the same job, then it surely stands to reason that Ream will demand to be top earner as our player of the season. I clearly don't though. In the same way that I do not believe all players would demand parity with Frederick's or Cairney.

sorry but you clearly have a decent football knowledge so i am astounded you cannot get your head around the basic idea of a wage structure, which every club (and every business for that matter) will have. to repeat, i am not saying every player in the 25 man squad is paid exactly the same. i imagine there's a structure based on positions and appearances. market rate for a defender is less than an attacker (google the world's best paid players and see how many are defenders) and players getting 5-10 games/season probably also accept they'll get paid less than the starting XI. so christie as a defender and rotation player would probably settle for less than cairney but want to get the same as odoi. ayite would want at least the same as kamara. ream would want the same as fredericks. and of course if fredericks gets a 150% pay rise, everyone in the entire structure would want a proportionate 150% pay rise... not sure how/why you are disputing that? 
I'm not disputing it as I clearly put on last post that they could ask, doesn't mean they will get it. Frederick's demanded x amount because he knew that's what he was worth. Players like Ream could ask to be on a parity but if we and no other team think he is worth that then he won't get it. And yes generally attackers get paid more than defenders but that is very dependent on who they are. If we went crazy and signed walker and Danny Rose, do you think they would settle for less money than kamara? Ability plays a bigger part in your wages than your position.

Southcoastffc

Re Tim Ream, just Google his name and the first item that comes up shows his 2012 salary to be £20k/week. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

That would be our opening bid, Southampton know that.

MrFFC

Would love to see Targett back at Fulham. Good age & fits the way we play. I hear we didn't get our £10m bid accepted so go in with 15m make the have to really think about it. If they turn that down as much as I like him we may be best off chasing other targets
Come on you Whites!! :)

toshes mate

It's interesting to note that elsewhere the hint of a bid for one of our players is unsettling and yet we don't see our bid for someone else's player in the same light.  It's a mentality I'd love FFC to ditch this time around the elites.

filham

Quote from: MJG on June 22, 2018, 04:48:59 PM
Not sure why people are surprised at the cost. Been saying for a while that 8-10m for bog standard PL player is the going rate.
It's almost the starting point in most cases.
Things have changed dramatically since we fell out of it, it's a different world to the one we left.
Hard to get my head around such figures.
Would someone like to make an educated guess at the total sum we will have to spend on equal quality replacements for Fredericks, Mitrovic, Tarrget and Kalis in order to bring our playing strength up to where it was last season and to say  if they think  this figure is within our transfer budget.