General Category > Overseas & International Fans

Donovan

(1/2) > >>

littlepowell:
How do you think Donovan played against Liverpool? I thought he looked pretty good in the first half but mostly disappeared ( as did the whole Everton squad) in the second half.

finnster01:
I think he looked disinterested more than anything. You do not play "disinterested" in the Merseyside derby. Just look at Dirk Kuyt. Got beat up, fouled Donovan got his yellow, went on with his business including scoring the winner. Surprised there were actually players left at the end. He had one great run that nearly created a goal, but most of the time he was pushed off or not in the game. If you can't get up for Liverpool - Everton, I really do not know what you can get up for.

Bottom line, I just don't understand the man. Great player that I think can carry himself in the Prem but his head needs some serious therapy

YankeeJim:

--- Quote from: finnster01 on February 06, 2010, 05:13:30 PM ---I think he looked disinterested more than anything. You do not play "disinterested" in the Merseyside derby. Just look at Dirk Kuyt. Got beat up, fouled Donovan got his yellow, went on with his business including scoring the winner. Surprised there were actually players left at the end. He had one great run that nearly created a goal, but most of the time he was pushed off or not in the game. If you can't get up for Liverpool - Everton, I really do not know what you can get up for.

Bottom line, I just don't understand the man. Great player that I think can carry himself in the Prem but his head needs some serious therapy

--- End quote ---

Finny, you have just hit on what drives people nuts about Donavan.

Steve_orino:

--- Quote from: YankeeJim on February 06, 2010, 05:26:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: finnster01 on February 06, 2010, 05:13:30 PM ---I think he looked disinterested more than anything. You do not play "disinterested" in the Merseyside derby. Just look at Dirk Kuyt. Got beat up, fouled Donovan got his yellow, went on with his business including scoring the winner. Surprised there were actually players left at the end. He had one great run that nearly created a goal, but most of the time he was pushed off or not in the game. If you can't get up for Liverpool - Everton, I really do not know what you can get up for.

--- End quote ---

Finny, you have just hit on what drives people nuts about Donavan.

--- End quote ---

Amen Finn.  Amen YankeeJim.

Wasn't there a thread started on the old forum, aking that question...Why is it that Yanks don't like Donovan...or something like that.  That's exactly why!

clintclintdeuce:
He plays like all Californians do, its just they style of life, man. He was probably thinking about surfing, rock climbing, or snowboarding.

To say he doesnt care though is rubbish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version