https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some Aluko medical this week - 4 million

Started by Fernhurst, June 24, 2018, 12:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Lots of rumours elsewhere.

Can't be true .............. could it??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

Porthogs FC

Hmmm. Can only see it if Slav wants two of Kebano/Ak47/Fonte/Ayite gone. At 2MM for a fringe player that's a net 7MM on our sale. Don't think we go in at 4

Carborundum

If true, it cements the expectation that we have a system and we are sticking to it.  Sone Aluko knows the system, operates effectively in it and had a great season with us.  We aren't going to pin our faith on him playing 30 games, but that's going to be true of some we sign, whatever happens. 

hovewhite

If true did not see this happening,but in slav I trust!

Mince n Tatties

Milo

Zero on this on the internet so not holding out too much hope.

In theory though an interesting idea.

Was a very respectful dialogue between Slav and Aluko on Sky after the Playoff finals. Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to come back at all.

bencher

Quote from: Milo on June 24, 2018, 09:50:22 AM
Zero on this on the internet so not holding out too much hope.

In theory though an interesting idea.

Was a very respectful dialogue between Slav and Aluko on Sky after the Playoff finals. Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to come back at all.

He also seemed really pleased for his ex-teammates that they (we) had done it. Clearly, the move to Reading didn't work out for him or Reading.

Woolly Mammoth

We could do a lot worse. Couldn't we part exchange him for Fonte and give Reading cash as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Quote from: Statto on June 24, 2018, 11:16:25 AM
Have we forgotten the circumstances of his departure. His cryptic tweets about it someday coming out in a book. We didn't value him as highly as he valued himself. Rumours of a racism allegation as well. No chance of him coming back even if he was good enough for the premier league or young enough to improve. And he's neither anyway.

I think him and his sister are bad news. Likely wind each other up behind the scenes.

cmg

Quote from: Milo on June 24, 2018, 12:17:05 PM
Have we forgotten the circumstances of his departure. His cryptic tweets about it someday coming out in a book. We didn't value him as highly as he valued himself. Rumours of a racism allegation as well. No chance of him coming back even if he was good enough for the premier league or young enough to improve. And he's neither anyway.

I think him and his sister are bad news. Likely wind each other up behind the scenes.

So we are signing Eni, too, are we? Juventus will be upset.
Still if you believe the stuff about Sone you might as well believe this too.

Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?

Milo

Quote from: cmg on June 24, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?

I think FoF had this discussion when the Eni Aluko-England dispute hit the news. Ended in quite a long heated debate on the topic with a roughly 50:50 split. Let's not get back into it!

SP

Although Sone made a good few extra £s from his move to Reading, it must've hurt watching our play last season, the home semi-final & the day at Wembley.

Fernhurst

"Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?"

Absolutely agree CMG.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Quote from: cmg on June 24, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

:plus one:

filham

I would love to see Aluko back in our squad but just can't believe it, the idea just smells of a piece of smart lazy journalism.

Alternatively it could be a smoke screen to cover the fact than we have made no progress in signing players for the critical positions vacated by Fredericks, Kalas, Mitrovic, Tarrget and Norwood.

Nick Bateman

An "intelligent articulate woman" who cannot take a joke and plays the 'race card' to gain favour.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bobbo

She has a first class degree in law also, not to be messed with I'd say.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 24, 2018, 01:32:42 PM
"Intrigues me why you would think Eni Aluko is 'bad news'. Do you find the idea of an intelligent, articulate woman who is prepared to stick up for herself, her values and her beliefs, somehow disturbing?"

Absolutely agree CMG.

Her actions regarding the England set up may have cost the manager his job but in the end cost her her place in the England set up. While I will support her right to complain about comments or actions against her. The lack of support from many of her team mates could prove they were needless and petty.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope