https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Developing Craven Cottage

Started by FulhamStu, June 27, 2018, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 27, 2018, 01:53:49 PM
Re the 2 tier idea at the hammersmith end, my reasoning, was:

1..  the nearer the front of the stand the more the noice can be heard in the ground, so self standing at the front not the back.

2..  if the top tier overhangs the safe standing it would add atmosphere and I would assume capacity.  I agree about loving the size of the hammy end and would love to keep that however it's about priorities and we do need to try and increase capacity as much as possible.  Look at the season ticket debate, plus fan base, etc etc.

3. I am sure that by cleaver use of space we can do a lot better with drinking bar areas, especially if as MJG says we use the height of the stand to add mezzanine areas, 2 tiers would surely make this easier ?

Unless something has changed in the planning laws we cant go any higher. To get a two tier stand you would lose capacity. Millwall's end stands are as tall as the Hammersmith end at roof level but have approximately half the seats

Deeping_white

Could we not just replicate the design of the new Riverside stand and tailor it to the Putney and Hammersmith ends in terms of the interior stand design? That way based on a similar gradient of the three stands, you'd be able to fill the corners in at both sides (if you removed the flats as part of the work), meaning extra seats there and allowing for that fairly steep gradient by having the mini tiered bit at the bottom of the stand, plus probably doing the acoustics of the ground some good by closing in three sides of the ground?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 27, 2018, 03:26:06 PM
Could we not just replicate the design of the new Riverside stand and tailor it to the Putney and Hammersmith ends in terms of the interior stand design? That way based on a similar gradient of the three stands, you'd be able to fill the corners in at both sides (if you removed the flats as part of the work), meaning extra seats there and allowing for that fairly steep gradient by having the mini tiered bit at the bottom of the stand, plus probably doing the acoustics of the ground some good by closing in three sides of the ground?

Would have to be a shallower gradient in order to maintain or increase its present capacity of just under 8000. Going forward if the club were to have some sort of three stand wrap around planned ,those apartments are going to account for maybe a loss of 2-3 k seats?

Deeping_white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 27, 2018, 03:35:13 PM

Would have to be a shallower gradient in order to maintain or increase its present capacity of just under 8000. Going forward if the club were to have some sort of three stand wrap around planned ,those apartments are going to account for maybe a loss of 2-3 k seats?

Bearing in mind the size of the hospitality section of the Riverside stand, you could just take the ends off the Putney and Hammersmith stands for the corporate sections and instead put seats in there which would get you a fair few extra seats I'm sure if there was no gradient change? I think the apartments weren't designed to be there forever though, they seem quite modular from the plans I've seen so could be taken out if necessary to get more capacity should we ever need it.

Surely with the Hammersmith end though, based on where you enter the ground and how you get into the stand itself, surely with some creative designing you could make it so that the concourse is situated below ground level compared to where it is now, to give them more clearance to go for a change in gradient and get more seats in?

MJG

here is the Hammersmith stand now:

And once the work has started making it a level concourse for the riverside work

Just the views of a long term fan

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 27, 2018, 03:41:53 PM

Bearing in mind the size of the hospitality section of the Riverside stand, you could just take the ends off the Putney and Hammersmith stands for the corporate sections and instead put seats in there which would get you a fair few extra seats I'm sure if there was no gradient change? I think the apartments weren't designed to be there forever though, they seem quite modular from the plans I've seen so could be taken out if necessary to get more capacity should we ever need it.

Surely with the Hammersmith end though, based on where you enter the ground and how you get into the stand itself, surely with some creative designing you could make it so that the concourse is situated below ground level compared to where it is now, to give them more clearance to go for a change in gradient and get more seats in?

I think the fact there is only side that you can enter the ground from would affect that. Off the top off my head I can't think of any other club that only has  one street access. In order to meet safety laws grounds need to be evacuated within a certain time, if there were more than one level exiting out on to Stevenage Road that that might cause problems, especially given around 10,000 using the walkways out back. Maybe the club could make further exits on the pathway behind the flats?

MJG

As for the seats in the apartment area, they would have to be curved and as the drawings below show they are not even pitch facing if straight on. personally I like the fact we almost have 4 stands that face full onto the pitch.

MJG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 27, 2018, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on June 27, 2018, 03:41:53 PM

I think the fact there is only side that you can enter the ground from would affect that. Off the top off my head I can't think of any other club that only has  one street access. In order to meet safety laws grounds need to be evacuated within a certain time, if there were more than one level exiting out on to Stevenage Road that that might cause problems, especially given around 10,000 using the walkways out back. Maybe the club could make further exits on the pathway behind the flats?
Exits at the Putney and Hammersmith end next to the river are in the plans.

FulhamStu

So it looks from all that, we will need to raise the roof levels for both ends if we want the ground to expand any more.   Why do people think this is unlikely to be granted ?   I understand the safety issues raised but if they were overcome what then are the main reasons why this would not be granted.   There would also be the prospect of making the Putney end much more attractive to Bishops Park.

MJG

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 27, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
So it looks from all that, we will need to raise the roof levels for both ends if we want the ground to expand any more.   Why do people think this is unlikely to be granted ?   I understand the safety issues raised but if they were overcome what then are the main reasons why this would not be granted.   There would also be the prospect of making the Putney end much more attractive to Bishops Park.
I think main issue will be light on the properties in the adjacent roads and flats. The riverside gets away with it a bit, but this close by would be a real issue.

FulhamStu

It's certainly a difficult issue to resolve.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MJG on June 27, 2018, 04:22:50 PM
I think main issue will be light on the properties in the adjacent roads and flats. The riverside gets away with it a bit, but this close by would be a real issue.

That was the main reason I was told, apparently might not be such an issue at the Putney end, did hear a while back Fulham were exploring extending to boundary wall & including new park facilities & obligatary cafe in the plans.
Maybe if there was a Holte end, Trinity Road pastiche JH style facade or something keeping in with the park surrounds

MJG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 27, 2018, 04:40:37 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 27, 2018, 04:22:50 PM

That was the main reason I was told, apparently might not be such an issue at the Putney end, did hear a while back Fulham were exploring extending to boundary wall & including new park facilities & obligatary cafe in the plans.
Maybe if there was a Holte end, Trinity Road pastiche JH style facade or something keeping in with the park surrounds
my reasoning comes from the light reports in the application. I don't think people realise how big that riverside stand is going to be.

David Allen Crankshaw

I would like to see us redevelop the toilets in the Hammersmith End. The will easily be the worse in The Premier League.

Holders

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on June 27, 2018, 06:55:05 PM
I would like to see us redevelop the toilets in the Hammersmith End. The will easily be the worse in The Premier League.

I think they're characterful and atmospheric (cough!).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria