https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker Appointed

Started by Woolly Mammoth, July 04, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on July 05, 2018, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: Mitch on July 04, 2018, 07:44:35 PM
Someone is going to have to explain to me why so many Fulham fans love this guy, and why the club think it would be great new.

Took us down. Part of the worse Fulham team of the last fifteen years. Hamstrung us with huge wages and generally terrible performances. As soon as his contract was up, he ran out of the door back to Spurs (after benefitting from being allowed to work with kids to help with his badges).

But everyone loves him? If his name was Skott Parkovic, I reckon he'd be a figure of hate.

This could work out really well, I'm just not quite sure why exactly everyone is absolutely chuffed about it!?

Mitch these are all exactly my thoughts.

Scott Parker is a Warrior, a fighter and a leader, he did not take us down, Magath did.
If you know anything about football, you will acknowledge that a good player will look bad in a struggling team, the same as a bad player will look better in a successful team.
Scott Parker has resilience and the right fighting experience, because it's character building when you know what's its like to lose.
You measure a man how he gets up off the floor not how he goes down.
Hence the reasons why he has all the ingredients to be a good Coach/Manager/Leader.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 05, 2018, 10:10:37 PM
Someone is going to have to explain to me why so many Fulham fans love this guy, and why the club think it would be great new.

Took us down. Part of the worse Fulham team of the last fifteen years. Hamstrung us with huge wages and generally terrible performances. As soon as his contract was up, he ran out of the door back to Spurs (after benefitting from being allowed to work with kids to help with his badges).

But everyone loves him? If his name was Skott Parkovic, I reckon he'd be a figure of hate.

This could work out really well, I'm just not quite sure why exactly everyone is absolutely chuffed about it!?

Scott Parker is a Warrior, a fighter and a leader, he did not take us down, Magath did.
If you know anything about football, you will acknowledge that a good player will look bad in a struggling team, the same as a bad player will look better in a successful team.
Scott Parker has resilience and the right fighting experience, because it's character building when you know what's its like to lose.
You measure a man how he gets up off the floor not how he goes down.
Hence the reasons why he has all the ingredients to be a good Coach/Manager/Leader.

I don't know what to think of this appointment. I kind of agree with Woolly's comments, and these may be the ingredients that are needed. But it didn't work for Roy Keane .. or Bryan Robson come to that.  Whilst he was a player that gave everything, the one player you could count on to throw his body in the way of a goalbound shot, he was not always that effective for us. He was definitely not in the same class as Danny Murphy.

I don't know if one season with Spuds' U18s is sufficient coaching experience  .... but then good coaches are probably good right from the start.

What I do know is that I hope Joka was on board and involved in the decision. There seem to be quite a lot of coaches involved with the first team, some of which are clearly his choices.

love4ffc

Do not know about Parker being a divider of the team  :023:  not familiar with that rumor.  What I care about is how he played the game and how I believe he can be a positive influence on the first team and it's player development. 

Scott Parker is part of a distinguished list of players who I believe played the game without diving, without starting unwanted confrontation while playing with pure passion and fairplay. 

FYI - I put Scotty in the same group as players like Brian McBride,  Carles Puyol, Harry Kane and Tim Ream. 

Wish there where more players like them  :wine:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

Scott is a highly competitive and successful professional, who always gave his all for Fulham.

I remember when we were struggling for Prem survival, and then when he led a team of inexperienced youngsters in the Championship under Magath, and it was Scott who led from the front when things were looking desperate. He always gave his all for the cause, and led by example and inspiration. He once even paid heavy  fines on young players severely penalised by Magath, out of his own pocket.

I don't think  those responsible  making these appointments do so for any reason other than the person given the role  has shown that will do an excellent job for Fulham, and play a part in the club's continuing success.

MrFFC

Good appointment knows the players is really well respected this can only help us this season
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mitch

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 05, 2018, 10:10:37 PM

'Scott Parker is a Warrior, a fighter and a leader, he did not take us down'

Not for us he wasn't. He was old, slow and liability. Which isn't his fault, it's to be expected. The ridiculous contract he took from us isn't his fault either - it was stupdity by the club, however it affected us negatively. It's for these reasons I don't understand why he is reverred at Fulham; I can easily understand it at say West Ham or Charlton, but why we seem to have a love in at him at Fulham? That's still not really been answered to my mind.

filham

Remember some years ago when Parker played for Spurs a formed the hard working part of a great midfield partnership with Modric. I wonder if he is still friends with Modric and could perswuade him to move to Fulham.

Well I am entitled to the odd wild dream now and again