Burnley- Heaton/Pope
Watford - Gomes/ Foster
Wolves- Patricio/ Ruddy
West Ham- Fabianski/ Adrian
Bournemouth- Boruc/ Begovic
Palace- Guatia/Hennessy/ Speroni
Southampton -McCarthy/Forster
Newcastle- Dubravka/ Darlow/Elliot

Other than Brighton, Huddersfield, maybe Cardiff; all the other teams aroundo us are building squads with at least 2 keepers capable of playing and performing well in the premier league.
Should we look to poach one of the above to give Betts competition, or is the likes of Tim Krul, who realistically other than a few games for Alkmaar , hasn't played since 2015 I think , going to provide decent competition?
Personally I'd like to see Betts be given a chance but backed up by a decent keeper who can come in and perform and be reliable. But then again, I loved Maik Taylor but if a van der sat type came in right now, I'd forget all about Betts..

Mince n Tatties

With Button going definitely need someone in.

MrFFC

If we got Krul then Bettinelli/Krul is good options to have I feel
Come on you Whites!! :)

Andy S

No team will start the season with less than two top keepers

bobby01

Quote from: MrFFC on July 07, 2018, 10:16:33 AM

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: MrFFC on July 07, 2018, 10:16:33 AM

If we roll with Betts/Krul, we have one of the weakest GK tandems in the league. That's not to say that one can't go on to play well, but it's not great on paper.

filham

This guy playing for England looks OK but doesn't come off his line a lot so I would give him a miss.

aaronmcguigan

I know it's daft to compare to Man Utd but just for depth comparison: they've just bought a new 3rd choice keeper who has plenty premier league experience . They bought the keeper so they could free up 5th and 6th choice for loans out and be able to collect 6.5m for a 4th choice keeper.

With that depth in mind, I'd bring in Krul as 3rd choice to allow as many youth keepers to go out on loan like Norman, Rodak and the ashby hammonds, and then look to sign a top keeper to challenge Betts. I'd love Betts to play all season but only having earned it having to compete with another top keeper. Button/ Krul won't cause him any lost sleep at all.

Lyle from Hangeland

Fulham should think about bringing in Zack Steffen on the cheap. He's the US's likely goalkeeper for the next WC cycle or two. He's young. Kind of a Pickford type. Better at stopping goals then getting the ball out by using his feet. He played briefly for Freiburg in Germany, but is now in MLS.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 07, 2018, 08:29:40 PM
Fulham should think about bringing in Zack Steffen on the cheap. He's the US's likely goalkeeper for the next WC cycle or two. He's young. Kind of a Pickford type. Better at stopping goals then getting the ball out by using his feet. He played briefly for Freiburg in Germany, but is now in MLS.

nah, not so much
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: HatterDon on July 07, 2018, 10:27:28 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 07, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

nah, not so much

Why?

bobby01

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2018, 07:03:46 PM
This guy playing for England looks OK but doesn't come off his line a lot so I would give him a miss.

064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.