more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri - What to expect

Started by BDP1884, November 15, 2018, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on November 16, 2018, 10:05:11 AM
Of course thats true, but I think it would be very hard to find managers who have lost that many games in a row and still had a job. Like it or not its a results industry and we were not getting any real performaces let alone results.
Jol lost 5 in a row twice, argubly he should have been sacked following the first run. You lose that many you need to first review who they were against and then performaces and other circumstances.
I'm gutted for Joka and for us as well. There were various reasons fro whats gone on this season and neither the Khans or Joka get away with any blame. But it does go back for me to him not signing a contract when there was one to sign(He wanted release clauses apprently the club didnt like) and looking like he would stick it out come what may.
And so the paradox of the Khans' contract negotiations with SJ was that he would not settle to their terms and so they absurdly sacked him because a theme that has repeated over the last four seasons (count in Symons) gave them an opportunity to.  I see that as showing up the Khans for what they have been at FFC - extremely naive in football terms.

Snibbo

Quote from: Statto on November 16, 2018, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 16, 2018, 09:42:24 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 16, 2018, 08:43:30 AM
It does smack of short-termism from our owners. FWIW I think Ranieri will be a fantastic manager for us and a gentlemen as well, fitting right into our club. But at his age and with his record, he may not want to stay for long and has likely already reached the peak of his managerial career.

In Jokanovic we had a chance to develop our own Eddie Howe, and it's a shame to lose then after a run of 5/6 poor performances.

Nonetheless welcome Claudio.

We have not performed well all season, Burnley was a blip in our form.

I would take short term success any day over relegation

Really?

First 6 games was a win at Burnley, draws at Watford and Brighton, losses to Palace, Spurs and Man City. Not sure anyone would have expected much better overall, except perhaps the Palace loss. I was at the home games and all those performances were respectable, as were Brighton and Spurs away. Man City obviously a write-off.   

The poor run was Everton through Huddersfield.

I think that was what was most worrying though - that we were getting worse,  not better, barring a too late uptick v Liverpool and that he seemed no closer to settling on his best 11.

Holders

Quote from: toshes mate on November 16, 2018, 09:44:30 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 16, 2018, 09:34:34 AM

and it's a shame to lose then after a run of 5/6 poor performances.

A manager just cannot survive with 6 league and 1 cup losses in a row and performace wise one of the worst being a week before getting the sack. I wish there had been another option ,of which there was only one in my book, he signs contract and agrees to stay even if we went down.
A manager survives if the owner wishes him to.  Sometimes you play the Devil's advocate and sometimes you do not.  The Khans have played their hand; now they wait to see whether their gamble pays off.  They were not forced into action; they determined it to be necessary. 

Yes.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on November 16, 2018, 11:00:58 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 16, 2018, 10:05:11 AM
Of course thats true, but I think it would be very hard to find managers who have lost that many games in a row and still had a job. Like it or not its a results industry and we were not getting any real performaces let alone results.
Jol lost 5 in a row twice, argubly he should have been sacked following the first run. You lose that many you need to first review who they were against and then performaces and other circumstances.
I'm gutted for Joka and for us as well. There were various reasons fro whats gone on this season and neither the Khans or Joka get away with any blame. But it does go back for me to him not signing a contract when there was one to sign(He wanted release clauses apprently the club didnt like) and looking like he would stick it out come what may.
And so the paradox of the Khans' contract negotiations with SJ was that he would not settle to their terms and so they absurdly sacked him because a theme that has repeated over the last four seasons (count in Symons) gave them an opportunity to.  I see that as showing up the Khans for what they have been at FFC - extremely naive in football terms.
Or they did not like the terms he wanted as I wrote.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Quote from: Snibbo on November 16, 2018, 11:04:12 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 16, 2018, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on November 16, 2018, 09:42:24 AM
It does smack of short-termism from our owners. FWIW I think Ranieri will be a fantastic manager for us and a gentlemen as well, fitting right into our club. But at his age and with his record, he may not want to stay for long and has likely already reached the peak of his managerial career.

In Jokanovic we had a chance to develop our own Eddie Howe, and it's a shame to lose then after a run of 5/6 poor performances.

Nonetheless welcome Claudio.

We have not performed well all season, Burnley was a blip in our form.

I would take short term success any day over relegation

Really?

First 6 games was a win at Burnley, draws at Watford and Brighton, losses to Palace, Spurs and Man City. Not sure anyone would have expected much better overall, except perhaps the Palace loss. I was at the home games and all those performances were respectable, as were Brighton and Spurs away. Man City obviously a write-off.   

The poor run was Everton through Huddersfield.

I think that was what was most worrying though - that we were getting worse,  not better, barring a too late uptick v Liverpool and that he seemed no closer to settling on his best 11.

IMO he was clearly getting close to settling on a first XI and, more importantly, finding useful roles for the new players. That was always going to take time. But yes I do I agree with you that it was concerning to have a mediocre first 6 games then an absolutely dire 5 games, ie, as you say to be "getting worse".