more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Little point in having a season ticket

Started by Enfield, July 09, 2018, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

Quote from: Enfield on July 09, 2018, 08:27:57 PM
Now that Members get priority over ST holders for ticket purchases, there seems little point in having a season ticket,
you may just as well be a member and buy tickets as and when and save shelling out for an ST.

Can't see how they can make this change without letting people know.

I've complained to the club
Since when has the reason for having a season ticket to be able to get a march on extra tickets?

Yes, one of the bonuses is that you get first bibs on away tickets and cup tickets etc., but if your sole reason for getting one was to get extra home tickets, then you have completely missed the point.

Surely, if you would like your son to go with you regularly, you would have got him a junior season ticket?

Also, members get 2 because they at least get a chance to sit together, whereas additional tickets for season ticket holders would be in a different part of the ground - so makes sense to me.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: Enfield on July 10, 2018, 09:40:59 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2018, 08:57:30 PM
Why does a st holder need preference when they already have a ticket?  Why should they be able to buy a ticket for friends/family who haven't even registered an interest in going let alone payed for the privelage to be on a list for games that they can attend. I can't believe it has taken until now to actually give members the chance of doing that they have payed for
If that's the case why can members get two tickets ?
maybe because some people don't like to go on there own. Where as St holders won't mind or will already be sitting with people they know. On top of that an St holder who gets an extra ticket most likely won't be near anyone they actually get an ticket for anyway. Either way if you are not prioritising members then what's the bloody point of buying membership.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2018, 08:57:30 PM
Why does a st holder need preference when they already have a ticket?  Why should they be able to buy a ticket for friends/family who haven't even registered an interest in going let alone payed for the privelage to be on a list for games that they can attend. I can't believe it has taken until now to actually give members the chance of doing that they have payed for
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Chesh on July 10, 2018, 10:08:20 AM
Quote from: Enfield on July 09, 2018, 08:27:57 PM
Now that Members get priority over ST holders for ticket purchases, there seems little point in having a season ticket,
you may just as well be a member and buy tickets as and when and save shelling out for an ST.

Can't see how they can make this change without letting people know.

I've complained to the club
Since when has the reason for having a season ticket to be able to get a march on extra tickets?

Yes, one of the bonuses is that you get first bibs on away tickets and cup tickets etc., but if your sole reason for getting one was to get extra home tickets, then you have completely missed the point.

Surely, if you would like your son to go with you regularly, you would have got him a junior season ticket?

Also, members get 2 because they at least get a chance to sit together, whereas additional tickets for season ticket holders would be in a different part of the ground - so makes sense to me.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Good way to stop touts having multiple s/t s  just to get first dibs at more, hopefully £40 members fee will knock off any profit, cannot believe people saying what is the point of buying a season ticket? precisely as others have said you get your seat over the season at a discounted price and you have that seat for the season, add the 10% discount in club shop what more do you want? What is the point of a member paying and then told "all sold out" because S/T holders want to bring part time mates to watch a big game?

Riversider

Season ticket holders are the back bone of any club , not just at Fulham but at ANY club from St James Park to St James Park , this is why they get treated with slightly more respect than any other group,
Lose 7 in a row and the season holders will still be there (at any club) for game number 8 , will members still be buying tickets for themselves and friends ?
When winter bites and the cold and rain is here for a Tuesday night game in February it doesnt stop the season ticket holders does it,
If relegation is beckoning by the end of March it wont stop the season ticket holders attending for the rest of the season, will the members and the band wagon jumpers still be buying tickets (at any club)
If relegation follows will there still be a demand for membership ? No of course not, but why ?
Let members buy one ticket per card, any spare after that should go to season ticket holders,
I bet all the touts in London cant believe their luck that for just £40 you can buy 2 tickets per game and get a discount on tickets and the club will kindly send you paper tickets to make your life even easier !

LVBPTS

Quote from: Riversider on July 10, 2018, 02:23:05 PM
Season ticket holders are the back bone of any club , not just at Fulham but at ANY club from St James Park to St James Park , this is why they get treated with slightly more respect than any other group,
Lose 7 in a row and the season holders will still be there (at any club) for game number 8 , will members still be buying tickets for themselves and friends ?
When winter bites and the cold and rain is here for a Tuesday night game in February it doesnt stop the season ticket holders does it,
If relegation is beckoning by the end of March it wont stop the season ticket holders attending for the rest of the season, will the members and the band wagon jumpers still be buying tickets (at any club)
If relegation follows will there still be a demand for membership ? No of course not, but why ?
Let members buy one ticket per card, any spare after that should go to season ticket holders,
I bet all the touts in London cant believe their luck that for just £40 you can buy 2 tickets per game and get a discount on tickets and the club will kindly send you paper tickets to make your life even easier !

im a new season ticket holder so i cant be impartial exactly but i think thats a good post. not that it matters too much to me personally but before i bought a ST, i always took it for granted that ST holders had first dibs on tickets etc, thats just one of the perks.
i cant say i am too bothered that members have first refusal now but i can see from both sides. ST holders will say that we should have preferential treatment as we paid the most, up front on good faith alone where members would say that what is there perk of being a holder
im not anti it but i do think its a strange step by the club
Supporter since 2000