watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got home from Aldershot .

Started by Riversider, July 14, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

I always have reservations about centre backs that move to full back, especially in terms of the way we are set up. We need full backs that are prepared to push forward and overlap. How was MLeM in that regard?

General

Quote from: RoyTund on July 15, 2018, 03:40:57 PM
I always have reservations about centre backs that move to full back, especially in terms of the way we are set up. We need full backs that are prepared to push forward and overlap. How was MLeM in that regard?

Probably best to reserve judgement as we have fenerbahçe, Lyon, fiorentina, Celta Vigo, Athletic Bilbao, Sampdoria etc which will allow give him a far greater challenge then Reading.

Riversider

Quote from: RoyTund on July 15, 2018, 03:40:57 PM

In the 10 minutes that he was LB he managed to overlap a couple of times and he delivers a lovely cross, but he isn't built like Ryan Fredericks or Matt Targett, if you can imagine Tim Ream at LB then you will know what I mean
Le Marchand and Christie in the full back positions this season would be a backward step in my opinion ( but that's just my opinion)

Woolly Mammoth

It's hard to tell what the eventual system of play is, until the remainder of the other targets are secured, and believe me, we need at least six more players, but we cannot afford square pegs in round holes.
We are starting to sail very close to the wind, seeing as well as being the newest club, we currently have the smallest squad in the Premier League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SWSixer

Looked like a beautiful day, if nothing else..

Milo

Appreciate the view, Riversider. Especially on Le Marchand as didnt feature too much on the website highlights.

However not sure your account tells the whole story. I know highlights can be deceiving but I thought our youngsters strung together some decent stuff on the left in the first half. I liked Kamara's steamrolling, almost characteristic run through their midfield in the second, and Christie was very tidy in first half and looked very threatening up front too.

I actually saw Le Marchand give the ball away with a loose ball for that first Christie crucial tackle, and more dodgy stuff from Odoi nearly gift them a goal too towards the end.

So my summary would be: youngsters talented but still not quite up to the standard given the bigger picture (ie other teams strengthening around us with £35m midfielders!!) and the defence still shaky and needing strengthening. Otherwise not much to report really as big players didn't get enough of a run out?

Edit: perhaps on reflection, Christie proving once again he deserves a chance to make RB his?