News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Glad to see the back of....

Started by bog, July 17, 2018, 12:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Advert breaks suggesting a beer would lighten up the World Cup and all the betting companies' adverts trying to get on down and matey with the plebs using so called celebs to add to their millions. Bog off!

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money.

I admit to spending a fortune on women, booze and gambling, the rest I spend foolishly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Did you know that Women and Whisky killed my uncle.
He couldn't get enough of either, so he hung himself.

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Fart Enquiry on July 17, 2018, 12:33:37 PM
Politicians posing like they care / know anything about the game.

An MP referred to the England football team as the 'British Lions' on telly a few nights ago.
Why are you inferring that politicians don't know anything about football just because one of them said the wrong thing, a chap I know is a politician and probably knows more about football than a lot of us put together
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

An MP referred to the England football team as the 'British Lions' on telly a few nights ago.

Some of these people, not all, but a good percentage of them are on a completely different planet 🌍 to the rest of us, and probably still think the Earth 🌏 is flat.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on July 17, 2018, 12:38:21 PM

Why are you inferring that politicians don't know anything about football just because one of them said the wrong thing, a chap I know is a politician and probably knows more about football than a lot of us put together

He most probably does Alfie, and I hope he is a Fulham Supporter.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on July 17, 2018, 12:08:48 PM
Advert breaks suggesting a beer would lighten up the World Cup and all the betting companies' adverts trying to get on down and matey with the plebs using so called celebs to add to their millions. Bog off!

092.gif

I was glad to see the back of Craig Kline.

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Its funny as for the first time ever I watched the matches with the sound down and never listened to the pundits once. As for the adverts I never bothered to watch any. I never had a bet on any game at all and restricted myself to one bottle of beer while watching the game. I also never threw it in the air when England scored.
So what do I know? I know Harry Cane is not all he is cracked up to be

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on July 17, 2018, 01:15:31 PM
Its funny as for the first time ever I watched the matches with the sound down and never listened to the pundits once. As for the adverts I never bothered to watch any. I never had a bet on any game at all and restricted myself to one bottle of beer while watching the game. I also never threw it in the air when England scored.
So what do I know? I know Harry Cane is not all he is cracked up to be

What about Harry Kane though, how do you feel about him ?

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

I'm pleased to see the back of the cretin with the fake chavvy accent encouraging the gullible to bet "responsibly".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Quote from: Holders on July 17, 2018, 01:58:55 PM
I'm pleased to see the back of the cretin with the fake chavvy accent encouraging the gullible to bet "responsibly".

Totally agree  :54:

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on July 17, 2018, 01:58:55 PM

Yes, I never liked Tim Farron either.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Bear sales, bad ads. betting will all show their ugly faces again on the box in about three weeks time when the new season starts. These days a lot of people are making big money out of football.

Vinnieffc

Budweiser does not count as beer.  Fizzy rubbish.  Would rather drink water. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 18, 2018, 12:45:23 PM
Bear sales, bad ads. betting will all show their ugly faces again on the box in about three weeks time when the new season starts. These days a lot of people are making big money out of football.

What sort of Bear sales do you mean. Grizzly Bear, Polar Bear, Kuala Bear, Panda Bear, Brown Bear, Bear Grills, or a Teddy Bear.

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Fart Enquiry on July 17, 2018, 12:47:05 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 17, 2018, 12:38:21 PM

I didn't say all.

Why are you asserting that someone you know 'knows more than a lot of us put together'?  Not sure what that even means.
Well your statement "Politicians posing like they care / know anything about the game.
I did not say he did know more only that he probably does, he has been in and around Football all his life from being a manager, qualified coach, director and even owner of a club, so I reckon he knows a lot, but clearly not as much as your good self.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Quote from: Vinnieffc on July 18, 2018, 01:42:49 PM
Budweiser does not count as beer.  Fizzy rubbish.  Would rather drink water. 

Ah, but real Budweiser from Budweis is good. I'm no lager drinker as a rule but even I like it when I'm overseas. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

aaronmcguigan

not having to see the McDelivery logo EVERYWHERE in football stadiums in russia is going to be a refreshing change

bog

Gary Linneker.....even though it is not for long....and I am glad to be back on MOTD.

092.gif

bog

The Tart of the Tournament...Neymar. I see he has told PSG that he will stay there but only if he is given the star treatment.....

092.gif