News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When did the Club announce its decision to stop discounting 65+ tickets?

Started by Neil D, July 19, 2018, 01:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

I have a 65+ season ticket which is just as well as it seems the Club no longer offers discounts for home tickets (it was only £5 in the Championship) for 65+.  The discounts in the Championship for away fixtures (especially up North - £5 to watch us play Bolton!) tended to be generous and Tottenham away (if I can get a ticket next week) is £19.   Is this common practice now in the Premier League?

bramble

The pricing is definitely weird!  The cost of a Member over 65 ticket in the Riverside for the Watford game is MORE expensive than that of an Adult Member!  I tried to call someone about it, left a message, but have had no reply.  I think they may have c****d up!

MJG

Quote from: bramble on July 19, 2018, 02:19:37 PM
The pricing is definitely weird!  The cost of a Member over 65 ticket in the Riverside for the Watford game is MORE expensive than that of an Adult Member!  I tried to call someone about it, left a message, but have had no reply.  I think they may have c****d up!
Which block as I cant find that issue
Just the views of a long term fan

Cambridge Pete

Was looking forward to my 60th Year attending. Can no longer justify a season ticket. To attend a game next season (assuming around £40 per ticket) add on the travel costs and incidentals I could be spending the best part of £100 per game. Shows the effect of inflation when you think that Johnny Haynes was the first £100 pw player. That assumes I can even get a ticket. May just have to be a couple of away games within striking distance of Newmarket area and one home game.
Such is life.

hovewhite

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on July 19, 2018, 03:11:04 PM
Was looking forward to my 60th Year attending. Can no longer justify a season ticket. To attend a game next season (assuming around £40 per ticket) add on the travel costs and incidentals I could be spending the best part of £100 per game. Shows the effect of inflation when you think that Johnny Haynes was the first £100 pw player. That assumes I can even get a ticket. May just have to be a couple of away games within striking distance of Newmarket area and one home game.
Such is life.
ask  the FST to take it up.

Fernhurst

Must agree with you Cambridge Pete.

I've run a my own little company for a number of years which has allowed me to visit my favorite place on earth a number of times a season, sometimes with a little luxury thrown in for my Grandsons.
Now I have retired and have a sinking feeling like you, maybe a couple of home games and a couple of local away games will be my lot this season.

I suppose it's a consequence of success but as someone else has alluded too the stands will gradually be taken over by the novo rich and us old time supporters will look on from afar.

On a positive note my family witnessed our greatest day at Wembley and our club is now in the midst of hiring some multi millionaires to maintain our position in the worlds richest league.

Good luck Fulham!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 19, 2018, 04:59:55 PM

I've run a my own little company for a number of years which has allowed me to visit my favorite place on earth a number of times a season, sometimes with a little luxury thrown in for my Grandsons.
Now I have retired and have a sinking feeling like you, maybe a couple of home games and a couple of local away games will be my lot this season.

I suppose it's a consequence of success but as someone else has alluded too the stands will gradually be taken over by the novo rich and us old time supporters will look on from afar.

On a positive note my family witnessed our greatest day at Wembley and our club is now in the midst of hiring some multi millionaires to maintain our position in the worlds richest league.

Good luck Fulham!

that's the part a lot of people don't get,because they can afford it!

fulham traveller

I'm really saddened the amoiunt of people that can't afford to go now, nearly all of them are old school, we should put up our season tickets when we can't attend, and help people out

Twig

Quote from: fulham traveller on July 19, 2018, 05:37:12 PM
I'm really saddened the amoiunt of people that can't afford to go now, nearly all of them are old school, we should put up our season tickets when we can't attend, and help people out

I'd be pleased to participate in such a scheme.

hovewhite

that's a he'll of a gesture but the club supporters groups,(because these people can afford it )should realize at some point they can find themselves with the same problem,paying the council tax food electric etc and all of us supporters going back to 50/60/70s all we have is not enough so to all the club.supporters groups it might not matter to you.But a lot of us it's an ISSUE!

HV71

Quote from: Twig on July 19, 2018, 05:45:09 PM

I'd be pleased to participate in such a scheme.

Count me in on this splendid idea

MJG

The club will be launching a scheme for fans to sell their ST if unable  to attend. I don't know full details on how it will work but hopefully they will put it out soon.

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on July 19, 2018, 05:47:55 PM
that's a he'll of a gesture but the club supporters groups,(because these people can afford it )should realize at some point they can find themselves with the same problem,paying the council tax food electric etc and all of us supporters going back to 50/60/70s all we have is not enough so to all the club.supporters groups it might not matter to you.But a lot of us it's an ISSUE!
you really can't help yourself can you? Once again find me a quote where the FST or myself say its not an issue?
I personally have already posted on this site and mentioned it in meeting with club that of the three ST's we have if the prices go up to anywhere near the post final costs then that will drop to one.
So don't talk crap about some of us not caring because we can afford it, because that's just not bloody true.

hovewhite

I am not calling anyone as a lot of people can afford the prices,that's fine the rest of us can whistle!;

fulham traveller

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2018, 06:04:30 PM
The club will be launching a scheme for fans to sell their ST if unable  to attend. I don't know full details on how it will work but hopefully they will put it out soon.
I for would not sell my ticket back to the club, if I can't use it( and there will be games I can't attend) if some of these posters especially ones who travel far they can use mine free of charge,  if they have to pick it up in surrey, we are one big family and we help each other's out, I have been helped in the past, and it's good to give something back, the supporters trust do a lot. But to some extent there hands are tied when it comes to finance, though they will keep trying

hovewhite

Quote from: fulham traveller on July 19, 2018, 07:51:23 PM
I for would not sell my ticket back to the club, if I can't use it( and there will be games I can't attend) if some of these posters especially ones who travel far they can use mine free of charge,  if they have to pick it up in surrey, we are one big family and we help each other's out, I have been helped in the past, and it's good to give something back, the supporters trust do a lot. But to some extent there hands are tied when it comes to finance, though they will keep trying
that's brilliant.if you renew early we get a price that's sensible.
From next season despite what anyone says a lot of us will be hit with skyhi prices on low incomes and no one cares.!!;sorry not this coming season,but following season as paid at renewal an affordable price.

MJG

Quote from: fulham traveller on July 19, 2018, 07:51:23 PM
Yes, not sure how it will work, might be club buy back or you sell similar to the scheme we had years back.

bobbo

i am also concerned , whilst i paid as soon as the season tickets were on offer at pre apr 13th prices and always have done , i'm now worried about what is to come next season., and of course for others having to pay hyped up prices this season. i do buy a few concession tickets for a couple of pals during the season at around £25 a time sometimes cheaper , what is gonna happen from now onwards. i see a lot of speculation it could be an error by the club but how will i get concrete evidence of the facts?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bramble

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2018, 03:05:48 PM
Quote from: bramble on July 19, 2018, 02:19:37 PM
Which block as I cant find that issue

Block X

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 19, 2018, 04:59:55 PM

Good luck Fulham!

+1

092.gif