watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The Championship

Started by SP, July 19, 2018, 06:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out next season, plenty of clubs gearing up for a promotion push.  For me, the televised games are far more interesting than most of the Premier League broadcasts.

QPR continue their gradual decline.  I was anticipating Brentford challenging for a playoff spot but they're now selling off their best players, weird.  Not sure if Millwall have signed any decent players?

b+w geezer

I am interested too and retain affection and respect for it as a division. As was being discussed a bit yesterday, it's improved in standard. Essential strategically for our club to be promoted and I am looking forward to it, but there are aspects of the Championship I will miss, not least the competitiveness you allude to.

gezkc

I'm still going to be keeping one eye on it (not least because my wife's a Wednesday fan :022: , so I have no choice really!)

I have a lot of respect for the Championship and the teams in it - it's far more competitive and interesting than the Premier League, though I am glad we're out of it.

I'll be interested to see how Villa do after missing out last year. There but for the grace of God and all that!

aaronmcguigan

-West Brom are spending silly money.
-Derby aiming high with Lampard
-Aston Villa in limbo
-Middlesboro spent plenty last year and Pulis should be under pressure. They've brought in Flint for decent £
- A volatile club like Leeds have an equally volatile manager
-Stoke are looking to spend big, and Rowett has always been earmarked for big things
- Swansea are looking to bounceback too

And to think only 3 will go up. Law of averages says plenty of the above managers won't finished the season and plenty of those teams will self destruct. It'll be interesting surely but for the next 10 months at least , the premier league gets my sole focus

Carborundum

Should be a great spectacle.  Have a feeling QPR might do surprisingly well.  Let's face it, the return of the QPR derby wouldn't be entirely unwelcome - provided it's in the Premier League.

aaronmcguigan

Don't see how QPR will do well, they lost their keeper , who won points for them last season; and someone who played regularly like Onouoha. Add to that they think McClaren is a good manager. Don't see anything but trouble for them considering they struggled last season and Wigan/ Blackburn are likely to make more an impact than Burton/Barnsley

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Carborundum on July 19, 2018, 07:21:23 PM
Should be a great spectacle.  Have a feeling QPR might do surprisingly well.  Let's face it, the return of the QPR derby wouldn't be entirely unwelcome - provided it's in the Premier League.

Quite. A 6 point guarantee is always welcome in this league.

The Rock

Following it for 4 years was a learning experience; I know more about the Championship at the moment than the PL, though that is changing of course. I def respect it.

Very interesting to see what happens to Villa. There are few "Too big to fail" teams these days, and they are in big trouble. Very glad we went through the growing pains we needed to so it didn't happen to us, though a bitter pill to swallow,

Finally, I hope we never go back down.

Sherlock

Despite the league losing ourselves and Wolves - two if the strongest sides that have been there for a while - it looks very tough again. I know they're not everyone's favourite club, but I'd like Leeds to come up. Surely it's their time. Similarly I'd like Brentford or Preston to have a real push, both are well run clubs that deserve a chance at the big time.

Skatzoffc

I fancy Rowett to do well with Stoke tbh

Derby with Lampard at the helm will be an interesting team to watch.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !