watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's Game

Started by joemole, July 21, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemole

Any live streams for the game today. Nothing about it on FCTV.

Tooting legend

What you going on about. Slav decided to play the youth in midweek all the 1st team are out there and should all start tonight and hopeful Sari. Think you got sun stroke lol 😂

Fernhurst

Very intrigued to see the team sheet tonight.
Not sure we will have enough to cause Lyon issues, but you never know.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

res

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2018, 03:39:45 PM
I'm genuinely intrigued as to how it can go ahead. We don't even have a team. Unless we've persuaded Lyon to play a 5-a-side game. Maybe we'll play with a rush keeper. Otherwise it's just going to be ritual humiliation like the Fenerbahce match and most of last summer's pre-season.

Pre season games hopelessly overrated. We got the "ritual humiliation" in last summer's pre-season but got promoted. They are mainly to put a few fringe players on view (possibly to facilitate loan deals) and give first teamers (who are not still on holiday from World Cup duties etc) a gentle run out. Nothing more.

Fernhurst

Won't affect confidence or morale,,,,,,,,, that's ok then

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing like a preseason friendly to blow the cobwebs and rust away, improve the sharpness and timing and first touch, in a pleasant competitive challenging match, nothing to lose, plenty to gain.
I am sure Jok values the run out as much as the players, team bonding, morale etc, team spirit etc, as well as my wife, my daughter, my three sons and myself, and many other supporters I would imagine.
I am also intrigued to see the lineups. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

I'm genuinely intrigued as to how it can go ahead. We don't even have a team. Unless we've persuaded Lyon to play a 5-a-side game. Maybe we'll play with a rush keeper. Otherwise it's just going to be ritual humiliation like the Fenerbahce match and most of last summer's pre-season.

Your taking it too seriously - at this point in the preparations it's about getting match fit and SJ having a look at some juniors

Both teams are likely to play 20 plus players during the match, so what sort of team play are you expecting
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Twig

Quote from: Roberty on July 21, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

Your taking it too seriously - at this point in the preparations it's about getting match fit and SJ having a look at some juniors

Both teams are likely to play 20 plus players during the match, so what sort of team play are you expecting

But exactly who are we getting match fit, because if this is our prem starting eleven then we are doomed. And if it isn't then what's the point?

Twig

Pre season matches are relevant and important despite some on here trying to make out to the contrary.  They give the team a chance to gel, develop match fitness, incorporate the new players etc. We had a shambles last year that cost us a slow start to the season and ultimately automatic promotion. We are having a shambles this year. Anyone care to predict the impact?

filham

I guess a trip to Lyon may give the players relief from the hot weather in London, or have we got that wrong, perhaps the game would have been best played in NW Scotland against a weak team for maximum benefit.

Lighthouse

Same old voices saying the same old thing. Yes we all get it by now. But the friendly games are just that and while it would be great to have the team and squad all up and running. It never happens and until we reach the end of the Window and are still awaiting the players in the positions we badly need we might as well stop moaning.

Not so many games in the Prem and so as long as we do have a decent squad at the start we don't need ages for them to gel.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Hoppus

Quote from: joemole on July 21, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

The game is on TV in Norway (tv2 sport premium).

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2018, 05:30:33 PM
Same old voices saying the same old thing. Yes we all get it by now. But the friendly games are just that and while it would be great to have the team and squad all up and running. It never happens and until we reach the end of the Window and are still awaiting the players in the positions we badly need we might as well stop moaning.

Not so many games in the Prem and so as long as we do have a decent squad at the start we don't need ages for them to gel.

Precisely, Everton WON 22-0 last weekend which probably done them as much bad as good.  A good run out but they did not learn much which will help them win in the Premiership..... especially when the away goal-keeper just walks away from the goal.  Cannot see the games hurting and it gives the younger lads a great chance to test themselves.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fernhurst

Quote from: Hoppus on July 21, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: joemole on July 21, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

The game is on TV in Norway (tv2 sport premium).

Brilliant, thank you.,,,,,,,, Crystal Palace won 1-3 at Oxford this afternoon bet Roy is not bothered though

aaronmcguigan

This is a chance for the youth to shine, and for the seniors to build up their fitness with another 45.
Looking at the squad we have , I would be incredibly excited if I was a youngster looking to push on. The likes of ORiley, Edun, JDT,Fossey, De La Torre and Steve Sess surely have to see this impasse as an opportunity to say , you know what boss, I'll step up and show you we don't need another signing.
I'd play out of my skin to at least keep me in the managers mind.

At worst, even if we do by some miracle get an avalanche of signings we will be more confident with extra depth, or at worst be able to send the best ones out on loan. The juniors have to realise their chance and take it. O Riley done wonders last pre season, now lets see him and the others kick on and be able to spring a surprise or two instead of lying down and taking a beating just because the club describe it , as they did vs Fenerbahce, a young and inexperienced team

BedsFFC

She didnt need to worry in the end. Somehow we scraped together a rag bag bunch of players.

The game can actually go on

phew

Bettinelli, Christie, Odoi, Ream, Le Marchand, Cairney, Seri, Johansen, Kamara, Fonte, R.Sessegnon

Lyle from Hangeland

Just enjoy the game and the season. The complaining about nothing before the season starts is just ridiculous. It'll be a long season with probably more losses than wins. Embrace it and enjoy it!

Woolly Mammoth

Get in there Fulham ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.