watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Comparisons

Started by mrmicawbers, July 25, 2018, 10:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

How does this Team compare with the team that got relegated  Appreciate the window hasn't closed yet.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

significantly less cheese?

bencher

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 25, 2018, 10:30:12 AM
How does this Team compare with the team that got relegated  Appreciate the window hasn't closed yet.

I'm not sure we really had a settled starting 11 at any point in that season, so I'm guessing you mean squad?

fulhamben

McDonald Cairney and seri/Johansen, are far superior to Parker sidwell and ruiz in every single way. Striker wise we are worse and defensively just as poor.  But surely we should wait till window shuts to give a fairer comparison
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2018, 11:42:46 AM
McDonald Cairney and seri/Johansen, are far superior to Parker sidwell and ruiz in every single way. Striker wise we are worse and defensively just as poor.  But surely we should wait till window shuts to give a fairer comparison

Can't really compare. When we were relegated, two of our technically brightest players, potential game changers left halfway through a relegation battle. On paper those 2, Berba and Ruiz would improve this team but in the first few months of the relegation season they were absolute manure, (along with the rest of the team)
Just hope that when the going gets tough, big players like that actually step up to the plate and perform instead of wanting and getting out.
I'm assuming the structure this time of the signings being down to the recruitment team more so than individual managers will sort that out, e.g. Berba and Ruiz disappearing after Jol, Tunnicliffe and Cole disappearing after Rene etc.

the nutflush

Joka v Jol. I know who I would want running the show.

glenhodgso

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2018, 11:42:46 AM

We are worse than Bent and Mitroglu ... now I know we aren't in a great place but we are better than that today with the raw power of AK47, and Floyd imho

St. Andrews White

I can't agree that were worse attacking-wise. Bent was absolute garbage whilst Ruiz and Berbatov went awol. Mitroglou was a sick note and we ended up relying on Cauley up front with Kasami (now playing in the Swiss leagues after a failed stint at Forest) in support.
Doubt anyone would take that today over Sessegnon, AK, Ayite and Kebano (not mentioning Fonte for the time being...)

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

fulhamben

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 25, 2018, 06:14:33 PM
I can't agree that were worse attacking-wise. Bent was absolute garbage whilst Ruiz and Berbatov went awol. Mitroglou was a sick note and we ended up relying on Cauley up front with Kasami (now playing in the Swiss leagues after a failed stint at Forest) in support.
Doubt anyone would take that today over Sessegnon, AK, Ayite and Kebano (not mentioning Fonte for the time being...)

wasn't including our wide boy
Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 25, 2018, 06:14:33 PM

i posted about about strikers not wide boys. As such we had Hugo berbatov Mitro and cauley. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St. Andrews White

Even so would rather play AK up front than anyone we played that last season in the Prem

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.