watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I have just got back

Started by Woolly Mammoth, July 21, 2018, 11:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

From work,  but I saw a great deal of the match on a stream.
No need to panic Mr Mannerin, but,
It Seems we were overrun at times, and they could have and should have scored more.
Nevertheless, I hope more good has come out of it than not so good. They are a decent outfit in their own back yard.
However, it's a bit of a wake up call, and showed where we are.
Less than three weeks to ko, and two more friendlies to prepare, and 19 more days until the window closes.
I would not be quite so concerned if we were still in the Championship, but we are not, we are actually in the Premier League.
So we now have to rely on our Crack Recruitment and Negotiation Unit to bring in the Cavalry, and I am sure they will realise after Jok gives them his match report, that they shall need to move up a gear, to secure any deals pending, or are they still on their Summer Holidays.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YoungsBitter

I watched the second half on the French betting stream and agree. Lyon did look the better team but until their 1st goal we were starting to play our game and dominate the ball finally. After the penalty Slav through on the kids and the score flatters them. All the team issues we were aware of were there to see, Fonte cannot lead the line and Sess is wasted in left back. Seri looks tidy! The key issue for us is squad depth, OL had 22 high quality players vs our 14, our gaps are obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I go along with all you say, perhaps I was being a little harsh as it was in the second half where they started to break through consistently.
But it was more than a useful workout, and learnt more about the squad than if we had played East Fife.
So I shall remain calm and confident that surgery shall be carried out in an urgent fashion.

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Do believe you are infringing copywrite Wolly.

Your thread title is wholly owned by Mr Peabody.
People clicking on it will be expecting to see something written by our highly respected elder statesman.
Think on.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 22, 2018, 01:12:01 AM
Do believe you are infringing copywrite Wolly.

Your thread title is wholly owned by Mr Peabody.
People clicking on it will be expecting to see something written by our highly respected elder statesman.
Think on.

That is incorrect, I have read the small print and it's perfectly legal, and the names Woolly or Mr Mammoth.

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

Over the years I've been to preseason games where we were either brilliant or rubbish. Neither was reflected in the season to follow. The only time in recent years we seemed to do our transfer business early was the season under Sanchez. I also can't remember a window when we have been rumoured to be going for such good players. There really isn't much we can do about it. I think we have a good bunch of people running the club at different levels and I hope they get most of what's needed. Ultimatley they have more to lose (jobs,profit etc) than we do.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 22, 2018, 06:34:21 AM
Over the years I've been to preseason games where we were either brilliant or rubbish. Neither was reflected in the season to follow. The only time in recent years we seemed to do our transfer business early was the season under Sanchez. I also can't remember a window when we have been rumoured to be going for such good players. There really isn't much we can do about it. I think we have a good bunch of people running the club at different levels and I hope they get most of what's needed. Ultimatley they have more to lose (jobs,profit etc) than we do.

Your right, there isn't very much we can do about it, it's the human nature in us that needs to know what is happening.
I also hope your right about the people running the club. Because we seem to be progressing on and off the pitch, and it would be a tragedy and a shame if things went pear shaped after the great achievement of last season.

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 06:42:09 AM

Your right, there isn't very much we can do about it, it's the human nature in us that needs to know what is happening.
I also hope your right about the people running the club. Because we seem to be progressing on and off the pitch, and it would be a tragedy and a shame if things went pear shaped after the great achievement of last season.

Well said and  :plus one: from me.

Cornishnick

Methinks you are right. Buying players these days is like buying houses i.e. chains. Sometimes several clubs involved and when the club several links down the chain is happy, it all happens fairly quickly. Add to this the brinkmanship of some clubs in the belief that they're being clever, and you end up with the last minute rush of players that we've come to expect. Agreed about the human nature to want to know - add to this its the club we love and yes, we're tearing out hair out to have news, but I've a bit more faith in the club these days. Just hope the backroom people have adjusted to the demands of PL.  Onward and Upwards  COYW

filham

YoungsBitter says we learnt in Lyon that Fonte can't lead the line and Sess. is wasted at left back. Jocanovic realised that last Christmas and solved the problem by signing Mitrovic and Targett.

Hard to believe we have taken a team to Lyon three weeks before he start of the premiership season to re discover the old problem.

Lyle from Hangeland

Yep.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: YoungsBitter on July 21, 2018, 11:31:31 PM
I watched the second half on the French betting stream and agree. Lyon did look the better team but until their 1st goal we were starting to play our game and dominate the ball finally. After the penalty Slav through on the kids and the score flatters them. All the team issues we were aware of were there to see, Fonte cannot lead the line and Sess is wasted in left back. Seri looks tidy! The key issue for us is squad depth, OL had 22 high quality players vs our 14, our gaps are obvious.

Le Marchand played left-back, while Ryan played in his familiar LW position.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 22, 2018, 05:42:49 PM
YoungsBitter says we learnt in Lyon that Fonte can't lead the line and Sess. is wasted at left back. Jocanovic realised that last Christmas and solved the problem by signing Mitrovic and Targett.

Hard to believe we have taken a team to Lyon three weeks before he start of the premiership season to re discover the old problem.

It is hard to believe, and it should not be this way.
Which begs the question why ?

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 22, 2018, 05:57:41 PM

Le Marchland is a Centre Back, that can fill in at left back in an emergency, not an orthodox left back, and it showed, square pegs in round holes are a bad investment, and a recipe for a long hard winter. 

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

Le Marchland is a Centre Back, that can fill in at left back in an emergency, not an orthodox left back, and it showed, square pegs in round holes are a bad investment, and a recipe for a long hard winter.

Everyone know this. Are you unaware of the Club trying to bring back Targett, or bring in Zichenko, or some other left-back? Le Marchand did exactly what was expected of him yesterday... to fill in at LB. That's what the man is paid to do.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 22, 2018, 06:12:49 PM

Everyone know this. Are you unaware of the Club trying to bring back Targett, or bring in Zichenko, or some other left-back? Le Marchand did exactly what was expected of him yesterday... to fill in at LB. That's what the man is paid to do.
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 22, 2018, 06:12:49 PM

I am aware, and so far they have not been successful, and yesterday showed what will happen if the club continues to be unsuccessful.

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Yep, Fulham will never sign another LB ever. We're headed for the Vanarama Leagues. ;)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 22, 2018, 06:20:29 PM
Yep, Fulham will never sign another LB ever. We're headed for the Vanarama Leagues. ;)

Remember, you said it not me.

Never forget your Roots.

St. Andrews White

Careful what you say Woolly, East Fife are Methil's finest, reckon they'd give our boys a game[emoji6]
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2018, 11:56:50 PM
Yes I go along with all you say, perhaps I was being a little harsh as it was in the second half where they started to break through consistently.
But it was more than a useful workout, and learnt more about the squad than if we had played East Fife.
So I shall remain calm and confident that surgery shall be carried out in an urgent fashion.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 22, 2018, 08:02:16 PM
Careful what you say Woolly, East Fife are Methil's finest, reckon they'd give our boys a game[emoji6]
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2018, 11:56:50 PM

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

OOPS !

Never forget your Roots.