Get well soon Maggie.

Started by FatFreddysCat, October 20, 2010, 06:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

:Sparkyticus:  :Sparkyticus:  :Sparkyticus:  :Sparkyticus:  :54:

OtterFFC

TonyGilroy

Well I certainly wish her a long life.

Mind you the bit at the end is usually pretty unpleasant.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 20, 2010, 09:36:09 AM
Well I certainly wish her a long life.

Mind you the bit at the end is usually pretty unpleasant.

Not always, sometimes it is just where the train happens to stop. Best Wishes to Mrs M who has many more stations to  visit yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Not always and perhaps not usually but I visit care homes regularly to do Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney and the last thing I want is a long life ending in one of those.

They are all clean and well staffed, properly licenced. They do what they have to do at the very least competantly and sometimes in a very caring manner but I'd still rather slit my throat than end my days there.

Or being doubly incontinent at home relying on carers three times a day which is the fate of one 90 year old I know.

We put our dogs and cats down when their bodies fail and we should have the same right.

All of us apart from Lady Thatcher that is.

* Moderators please delete if I've overstepped the mark.

Lighthouse

I agree Tony. It should be easier for us to go into a room like in in the film Soylent Green. Nice Music, a favourite film playing and to go to sleep. Without going into the pressure some of us might be put under etc etc to end it. I would still like the option. I have sort of been surrounded by friends and family, both old and depressingly young, mostly popping off quickly. The shock is awful for us left behind but so much better than what you describe.

Death is not something we really fear. It is the way of death.

I am not sure Soylent Green as a product would go down so well though

LBNo11

...she certainly made Britain what it is today!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

I thought that politics was taboo on this MB and thus I shall refrain from providing my views on the woman
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 20, 2010, 11:24:35 AM
Love her or loathe her, she showed more guts in my book than any British prime minister since Sir Winston. I am proud to have served for you Baroness Thatcher. Have a gin & tonic on me you old iron.  :beer:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

I think you'll find Sir, the last 12 years had something to do with that.

May I point out that the only one to mention Politics was Mr Corked Hat, although the contentious post above was pushing it.  :005:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I have to so careful with this,if I'm out of order please delete

She single handedly distroyed everything north of Birmingham and nobody has recovered,it's like we have just been written off and forgotten,I have been on the end off and seen what this has caused,families totally distroyed, lives wrecked and even suicide in a couple of very sad cases.Not pleasant  :001:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: finnster01 on October 20, 2010, 11:45:21 AM
Love her or loathe her, she showed more guts in my book than any British prime minister since Sir Winston. I am proud to have served for you Baroness Thatcher. Have a gin & tonic on me you old iron.  :beer:

I'm not sure what's meant by "guts" in a politician. I understand that servicemen and women, fire fighters etc have guts but politicians?

I wouldn't want the 24/7 stress of being in government but they all sign up to that. Once there they make decisions which may or may not be sensible and wise and ultimately retire filthy rich.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 20, 2010, 11:51:50 AM

I think you'll find Sir, the last 12 years had something to do with that.

May I point out that the only one to mention Politics was Mr Corked Hat, although the contentious post above was pushing it.  :005:

Oh I'm sorry – of course Mrs Thatcher had nothing to do with politics so to suggest that she and politics are synonymous was absurd on my part. I offer abject apologies.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Peabody

Perhaps somebody could ask her what has happened to our manufacturing base.

epsomraver

Gone to China where it is cheaper, or ask Red Robbo and co where it went wrong :dft007:

Lighthouse

Can I remind posters that this thread was about an elderley lady who is ill at the moment. The fact that some of you believe her to be the reason for all your problems is beside the point.

Peabody

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 20, 2010, 01:07:34 PM
Can I remind posters that this thread was about an elderley lady who is ill at the moment. The fact that some of you believe her to be the reason for all your problems is beside the point.

I know a lot of people that are ill, including old ladies, do they rate equal sympathy?As for the 'red robbo comment, seems to me there were a lot of capitalists that also had their snouts in the trough at the same time.

White Noise

I wish her better but she hasn't done a lot since Tomorrow's World has she?  I knew the years of excess with Chegwin would catch up with her.