News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR finally about to receive their fate !

Started by Riversider, July 27, 2018, 12:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Still a lot of dosh though and that wont help when buying players!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MikeTheCubed

The EFL should have placed QPR under a transfer embargo until the matter was resolved. Then it wouldn't have dragged on throughout the past 3 seasons.

Nero

The settlement includes a £17m fine, paying £3m of the EFL's legal costs and the agreement from club shareholders to write off £22m of outstanding loans.

QPR will also be under a transfer embargo for the January 2019 window.

It is believed the EFL have agreed to a payment schedule over 10 years.

At least the idiots that run the club are 22m out of pocket, but Im sure they'll get it back one way or another

Tabby

Quote from: Nero on July 27, 2018, 12:49:10 PM
The settlement includes a £17m fine, paying £3m of the EFL's legal costs and the agreement from club shareholders to write off £22m of outstanding loans.

QPR will also be under a transfer embargo for the January 2019 window.

It is believed the EFL have agreed to a payment schedule over 10 years.

At least the idiots that run the club are 22m out of pocket, but Im sure they'll get it back one way or another

Very few owners actually make a profit on football clubs. I really doubt that QPR will suddenly run in the black.

Andy S

Really it is a lot more than £40m because you have all of their legal costs as well. I think the club will probably be sold now and will basically start afresh. There is no way other clubs will go down this one te in the future. QPR will be in the doldrums for some time yet

Vinnieffc

I'm off to my local team Welling Utd tomorrow against the HaHa's but will be wearing a red Fulham shirt just to antagonise both their fans..

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Vinnieffc on July 27, 2018, 04:20:06 PM
I'm off to my local team Welling Utd tomorrow against the HaHa's but will be wearing a red Fulham shirt just to antagonise both their fans..
Don't think I know you personally Vinnie!but like the cut off f your Jib.Tell us how you get on mate

Andy S

Vince why do that? Do you like the Ida of a kicking? I might even join in

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on July 27, 2018, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 27, 2018, 02:01:32 AM
I've got nothing against QPR, but that "minimal fine" is enough to give clubs like
Villa and Wolves an incentive to do what they did last season.

The potential penalty is greater than the eventual punisment.

That having been said, thank goodness for the Khan's
The rules under which QPR were charged (And played under that season) have changed and a points reduction is also a possible now.

But are the changes in rules retrospective? If the rules change after the event, then I would have believed that the only available punishments were those available at the time, not following some changes.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on July 27, 2018, 03:47:42 PM
Really it is a lot more than £40m because you have all of their legal costs as well. I think the club will probably be sold now and will basically start afresh. There is no way other clubs will go down this one te in the future. QPR will be in the doldrums for some time yet

I do wonder though if there is a provision for if the club is sold, as it won't wipe out the debt structured payments at all, and it might even fall due immediately upon sale. Any interested parties will need to look at purchasing this outfit very carefully.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Quote from: Logicalman on July 28, 2018, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: MJG on July 27, 2018, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 27, 2018, 02:01:32 AM
I've got nothing against QPR, but that "minimal fine" is enough to give clubs like
Villa and Wolves an incentive to do what they did last season.

The potential penalty is greater than the eventual punisment.

That having been said, thank goodness for the Khan's
The rules under which QPR were charged (And played under that season) have changed and a points reduction is also a possible now.

But are the changes in rules retrospective? If the rules change after the event, then I would have believed that the only available punishments were those available at the time, not following some changes.
that's right. Only punished under rules at time. I know what I posted can be read a couple of ways, I was trying to show to others that the rules have changed since QPR broke the rules.
Just the views of a long term fan

Vinnieffc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 27, 2018, 05:16:13 PM
Don't think I know you personally Vinnie!but like the cut off f your Jib.Tell us how you get on mate

The Wings play in red and I have an old  Red away shirt getting a rare outing . It's only a haha 2nd  XI  but my local pub next to the ground is hosting a beer festival so making a day of it...

Vinnieffc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 27, 2018, 05:16:13 PM

Wings 4 Haha xi 1. And a few beers too. Good day.  Now just need the whites to sign a few quality bods a day I'll be happy..

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on July 27, 2018, 12:05:04 AM
Strong rumours tonight that QPR will be hit with a £17 million fine + £3 million costs + a January 2019 transfer embargo,
Announcement due Friday apparently.
Justice just about served if true.
on the one hand your telling people like me not to worry about finances and on the other your posting about what happens when a club does break the rules and suffers the consequences. Maybe it needs some fans to keep an eye on things sometimes to raise the issues.
Just the views of a long term fan

brightster

All I know is I think our Mr Khan deserves a big applause and apology from some people on here for the way he handled all our financial dealings during the past few seasons, and it makes a lot of sense why The mad German had to off load all our expensive older players!