https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in for the final

Started by fulhamben, July 28, 2018, 05:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2018, 11:57:16 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 28, 2018, 10:32:16 PM
Are we going to have the same thing with Fabri that we had with Button? People will be adamant that Betts is better irrespective of what he does? I'm guessing you've all forgotten his own goal against Fenerbahce already
๐Ÿ˜‚ you do realise that everyone who favoured Betts over button has been proved right don't you.

That's not the point I'm making, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy that when one keeper didn't have a 10/10 performance he got crucified, yet when the other didn't it was either swept under the carpet or a good performance in another game was used to justify not doing so well in a certain game

RaySmith

He did have good distribution as said, and I'm guessing that that's important to Slavisa.

It's hard to judge his overall performance on one friendly - he must have all round ability, to command Fulham's interest - and will be competing with Betts for the number 1 keeper slot. Maybe Betts will hold on to it, who knows?

Woolly Mammoth

I thought Fulhams overal game was more than decent. We kept our shape, and showed some good attacking-passing movements, and switching play whilst keeping possession.
There were good habits out there, I was impressed as how busy Kebano was.
Everyone played their part. Nobody looked out of place, bearing in mind players are still coming to terms with achieving match fitness, as well as playing within the framework of the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2018, 02:15:00 AM
I thought Fulhams overal game was more than decent. We kept our shape, and showed some good attacking-passing movements, and switching play whilst keeping possession.
Everyone played their part. Nobody looked out of place, bearing in mind players are still coming to terms with achieving match fitness, as well as playing within the framework of the team.

I say I saw this as well. I think we were the better team. Definitely better with the ball.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 29, 2018, 04:43:43 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2018, 02:15:00 AM

I say I saw this as well. I think we were the better team. Definitely better with the ball.

Yes definitely ๐Ÿ‘โšฝ๏ธ We look quite well drilled considering it's still preseason, and the important aspect for me was the fact that we rarely gave the ball away cheaply with unforced errors.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

We lost a friendly on penalties, who cares.
The wife beat me last night at snakes n ladders,but when it comes down to the real deal today I'll thrash her at Ker Plunk...๐Ÿ˜œ

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2018, 06:18:10 AM
The wife beat me last night at snakes n ladders,but when it comes down to the real deal today I'll thrash her at Ker Plonk...๐Ÿ˜œ

Paper Rock Scissors is something I train every day for, and I still cannot beat the wife.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2018, 06:21:21 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2018, 06:18:10 AM
The wife beat me last night at snakes n ladders,but when it comes down to the real deal today I'll thrash her at Ker Plonk...๐Ÿ˜œ

Paper Rock Scissors is something I train every day for, and I still cannot beat the wife.

Just keep going scissors and you'll win one...Eventuallyโœ‚โœ‚โœ‚

davew

Quote from: The Old Count on July 28, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on July 28, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Quote from: davew on July 28, 2018, 06:28:59 PM
Our new keeper is shocking!!

Clean sheet at full time.

But he didn't do terribly well against nine penalties.ย  Betts couldn't have done worse and might hav e done better.

Not saving one of nine penalties doesn't make him 'shocking'. Betts may have done better, he may not have.
I was talking about his performance before the penalties, I didn't watch the penalties, I was waiting for the 2nd half to begin (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Old Count

Quote from: davew on July 29, 2018, 09:23:56 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on July 28, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on July 28, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Quote from: davew on July 28, 2018, 06:28:59 PM
Our new keeper is shocking!!

Clean sheet at full time.

But he didn't do terribly well against nine penalties.ย  Betts couldn't have done worse and might hav e done better.

Not saving one of nine penalties doesn't make him 'shocking'. Betts may have done better, he may not have.
I was talking about his performance before the penalties, I didn't watch the penalties, I was waiting for the 2nd half to begin (lol).

Hope he's that bad and keeps a clean sheet every time he plays.

Having said that I think Betts should start against Palace. It should be his place to lose.

filham

I didn't see the game, any signs that the team could be better than the one that played at Wembley in May.

davew

Quote from: filham on July 29, 2018, 03:26:27 PM
I didn't see the game, any signs that the team could be better than the one that played at Wembley in May.
Not really Filham, without Mitrovic and Cairney playing and Sess playing mainly in a defensive role, the team did ok but I don't think many teams in the PL would be afraid to play against that 11.

Fernhurst

Not at the moment Filham, Jokanovic needs to weld them into an effective unit and we will run out of time before the first KO.
The first half hour of of the first game we were pure dog shite and after falling behind scored an equaliser through the very hard working Kebano in the last 10 mins quickly followed by a 20 yarder from Kamara and a spectacular own goal just before the 45.
The final was a relevation, we were much the better side and had complete control of the midfield through Serri and Macdonald (on for TC who I think still may have a niggle with that knee issue) but despite our best efforts could not make the break through we deserved.
The shoot out was interesting as when we got down to the vinegar strokes a youth teamer was put forward before a senior professional (Sefjo)
As we stand it's a worry for the season start, sure the gaffer will have them in on double sessions to attempt to bring us up to Premiership speed.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

davew

Fernhurst "relevation" or revelation, age is affecting all of us!