Main Menu

Schwarzer Still Keen On Arsenal Move

Started by White Noise, October 04, 2010, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

It's back ON! Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer still wants Arsenal move

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:15 AM on 4th October 2010

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has opened the door for a January move to Arsenal.

The Australia international was a target for Arsene Wenger during the summer transfer window - but the Gunners didn't budge on their £2m valuation of the custodian.

Schwarzer was desperate to seal a move to the Emirates Stadium and even handed in a transfer request to force a deal.

But boss Mark Hughes refused to sell his No 1, dashing the 37-year-old's hopes of a dream move - however Schwarzer hasn't given up joining the Gunners.

He said: 'A lot can happen between now and January. What will be, will be. If there's an opportunity in January, then we'll explore it."

'This is the only time in my career I have ever tried to force an issue.

'I don't have time on my side. If you were a 30-year-old you would walk away and say 'fair enough, I understand'.

'But I'm almost 38 and I want to fulfil an ambition. The sheer opportunity that was there. That was very flattering, but sometimes you've just got to grin and bear it and just get on with normal life again as much as possible.

'You just have to get your head down and work as hard as possible. It can affect your day-to-day life, and ultimately I am judged on how I perform week in, week out. If that performance drops, then no club is going to be interested in me.

'The bottom line is I've got to play well wherever I am.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317552/Its-ON-Fulham-keeper-Mark-Schwarzer-wants-Arsenal-move.html?ITO=1490#ixzz11O1Oemhy

mrska

Let him go....

Shay Given must be getting fed up with his lack of first team opportunities.. Plus we've got Super David Stockdale!

Logicalman

Totally agree. And if MS believes that his recent form is indicative of a player getting his head down and working as hard as possible, then he should go now, before he lifts his head again (as he did during the Summer) sees the greener grass and causes us to start losing games.

Perhaps he should take a leaf out of his ex-managers book, and understand that an ambition might not be as easy to remain at, as one might think, unless just getting a reserves pay-check from Arsenal is all he is really about these days, if so, then sod off. :59:

WhiteJC

I'd put Stockdale in as soon as he's fit, the lad did nothing wrong, far from it, and if Swartz wants to go, let him but give our new NUMBER 1 keeper plenty of time between the sticks and let arsenals new keeper sit on the bench

Jimpav

This is a tricky one.

Do we take the money in January and bank on Stockdale staying fit and on form or do we keep the big Aussie and trust in him to be professional enough not to throw away our chances of  another shot at Europe.

michaelread

in before Tom says "LET THE A$$HOLE GO OMG HE'S SHYT AND SO OLD LIKE 98 +1!!!1!!1ONE!!1!"

but seriously, let him go, hes a great player and he has served us well.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

This is the line that gets me-'This is the only time in my career I have ever tried to force an issue."
so here's an open letter to our want away Keeper
Dear Mark
your a decent enough player,but we picked you up on a free,they weren't exactly breaking your door down then and when a "so called big team" wants you they only want to pay peanuts????
get a grip Skippy,your the cheap option,look at Roy,look at Bu££ard, the grass isn't greener on the other side. It doesn't matter really Mark,we have a young lad who wants to play for the team and who,at the moment,we have more faith in than we have in you.So come Jan you can go to the Arse and count your cash while being another scapegoat,another person to blame on why they didn't win the league :doh: :doh: :doh:

mccscratch

Hey Mark... seeing as how we are 2 pts back from Arsenal...hows about helping with our ambition?

Woy was ambitious too... now he is well below us in the table...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: White Noise on October 04, 2010, 11:56:13 AM
'But I’m almost 38 and I want to fulfil an ambition.
so fulham is not an ambition then hen?get lost you austrian aussie old git

finnster01

Nah. He's an Aussie, and most Aussies I have ever met are top blokes and can be trusted. :045:

For a 38 year old though, he is a little too old to throw out all his toys from the pram.  :046:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamwannabe

i'm quite certain that he's something like austrian or german or something like that  :49:

cebu

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 04, 2010, 03:05:32 PM
i'm quite certain that he's something like austrian or german or something like that  :49:

His parents were originally from Germany.

Tom

I am so sick of this! Good riddance!!!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on October 04, 2010, 12:24:29 PM
in before Tom says "LET THE A$$HOLE GO OMG HE'S SHYT AND SO OLD LIKE 98 +1!!!1!!1ONE!!1!"

Nice try. Do you want a player playing for you who wants to be here or player who continues to talk about playing for another team? Pretty simple question. I would play Stockdale as soon as he is healthy. He wants to be here and play for Fulham.
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

All talk. We'll see if Mr. Wenger comes back or bails on him in Jan and makes him look a muppet. We shall see.
FTID

Tom

Buh bye!  :038:  Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Mark...
Fulham for life!

Vinnieffc

Quote from: mccscratch on October 04, 2010, 02:22:32 PM
Hey Mark... seeing as how we are 2 pts back from Arsenal...hows about helping with our ambition?

Woy was ambitious too... now he is well below us in the table...

As was Jimmy Bullard - and look at what happened to him !! :011:

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on October 04, 2010, 04:23:27 PM

Nice try. Do you want a player playing for you who wants to be here or player who continues to talk about playing for another team? Pretty simple question. I would play Stockdale as soon as he is healthy. He wants to be here and play for Fulham.

He does want to play for us, until January. Mark wants to play football, he wants to be the best he can be as an individual.

If that chance is with Fulham, he will have it, but if that chance is with Arsenal, he would like that too.

It is the Aussie media who are bringing this up, NOT Mark. He comes here, and all the hooplah is that little old Fulham are keeping one of OUR players out of the top 4! The media desperately want an Aussie playing for a top 4 side because it gives them more to cover to keep people interested. It is simple, there are more Arsenal fans than Fulham fans in Australia, a story about Fulham and Schwarzer will get less recognition than a story about Arsenal  and Schwarzer.

Mark is a servant of the game at international, european and club level. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Fulham, who I love, are not one of the top clubs in the world as far as playing goes.

To answer your question, I am quite sure that Mark does want to play for Fulham. But he wants to play champions league football to top off his illustrious career and anyone who blames him for that doesn't have a heart. Feel lucky we do have an adequate replacement for when he leaves, and when Mark puts his body on the line week after week as teams attack his weakness of the longball, I'd love to see you do ONE mature thing on this board and pen a little bit of an apology to a man who will still give 110% to the club despite not being allowed to go to a club that lets him fulfill his dreams, after they promised him he could.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: michaelread on October 05, 2010, 07:58:32 AM

He does want to play for us, until January. Mark wants to play football, he wants to be the best he can be as an individual.

If that chance is with Fulham, he will have it, but if that chance is with Arsenal, he would like that too.

It is the Aussie media who are bringing this up, NOT Mark. He comes here, and all the hooplah is that little old Fulham are keeping one of OUR players out of the top 4! The media desperately want an Aussie playing for a top 4 side because it gives them more to cover to keep people interested. It is simple, there are more Arsenal fans than Fulham fans in Australia, a story about Fulham and Schwarzer will get less recognition than a story about Arsenal  and Schwarzer.

Mark is a servant of the game at international, european and club level. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Fulham, who I love, are not one of the top clubs in the world as far as playing goes.

To answer your question, I am quite sure that Mark does want to play for Fulham. But he wants to play champions league football to top off his illustrious career and anyone who blames him for that doesn't have a heart. Feel lucky we do have an adequate replacement for when he leaves, and when Mark puts his body on the line week after week as teams attack his weakness of the longball, I'd love to see you do ONE mature thing on this board and pen a little bit of an apology to a man who will still give 110% to the club despite not being allowed to go to a club that lets him fulfill his dreams, after they promised him he could.
Well said and good point re the press, But.... He isn't playing that great presently and you can't blame people for believing his head is elsewhere. I would prefer to see Stockdale get in and get more experience as we can't wait for Mark to decide what to do!!

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on October 05, 2010, 07:58:32 AM

When someone is playing for you and there mind is somewhere else and wishing they were playing for another team, I don't know if I can completely trust that player. I want players who want to play for Fulham!
Fulham for life!