more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer Still Keen On Arsenal Move

Started by White Noise, October 04, 2010, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

[/quote]
He isn't playing that great presently and you can't blame people for believing his head is elsewhere. I would prefer to see Stockdale get in and get more experience as we can't wait for Mark to decide what to do!!
[/quote] Bingo! We have a winner and someone who gets it!!!  :54:
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on October 05, 2010, 08:26:10 AM
Quote from: michaelread on October 05, 2010, 07:58:32 AM
Quote from: Tom on October 04, 2010, 04:23:27 PM
Quote from: michaelread on October 04, 2010, 12:24:29 PM
in before Tom says "LET THE A$$HOLE GO OMG HE'S SHYT AND SO OLD LIKE 98 +1!!!1!!1ONE!!1!"

but seriously, let him go, hes a great player and he has served us well.
Nice try. Do you want a player playing for you who wants to be here or player who continues to talk about playing for another team? Pretty simple question. I would play Stockdale as soon as he is healthy. He wants to be here and play for Fulham.

He does want to play for us, until January. Mark wants to play football, he wants to be the best he can be as an individual.

If that chance is with Fulham, he will have it, but if that chance is with Arsenal, he would like that too.

It is the Aussie media who are bringing this up, NOT Mark. He comes here, and all the hooplah is that little old Fulham are keeping one of OUR players out of the top 4! The media desperately want an Aussie playing for a top 4 side because it gives them more to cover to keep people interested. It is simple, there are more Arsenal fans than Fulham fans in Australia, a story about Fulham and Schwarzer will get less recognition than a story about Arsenal  and Schwarzer.

Mark is a servant of the game at international, european and club level. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Fulham, who I love, are not one of the top clubs in the world as far as playing goes.

To answer your question, I am quite sure that Mark does want to play for Fulham. But he wants to play champions league football to top off his illustrious career and anyone who blames him for that doesn't have a heart. Feel lucky we do have an adequate replacement for when he leaves, and when Mark puts his body on the line week after week as teams attack his weakness of the longball, I'd love to see you do ONE mature thing on this board and pen a little bit of an apology to a man who will still give 110% to the club despite not being allowed to go to a club that lets him fulfill his dreams, after they promised him he could.
When someone is playing for you and there mind is somewhere else and wishing they were playing for another team, I don't know if I can completely trust that player. I want players who want to play for Fulham!

You just don't get the sporting psyche of the UK and similar places. A man who was a good chunk of our teams performance and adventure in Europe, wishes to play at the highest level before he retires. If he can, let him.

I guess that is the difference between you and I, letting a good bloke have what he deserves.

If he wanted, he could be sitting on the bench each week, many have before him, and many will to come. But every saturday he stands between the sticks in his ugly keeping shirt and does his best for a club that promised him the chance to fulfil his dream but took it away from him without much of an explanation.

NorthernWhite

I'd wish him well and hope we can get a top class replacement to vie with Stockdale for the no. 1 jersey.

I can't blame Mark, he's not 21 and it's his last chance to play in the Champions League and at the very highest level of the game. Who can really blame him for that and who wouldn't want the same themselves? I'm sure his head was all over the place for a bit but the last 2 games he's been back to his best. Did no-one watch the Everton game?

Good luck if he does go and thanks for the past 2.5 years as he's been the best keeper I've seen play for Fulham but make sure you're head is in the present until or if that opportunity arises.

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on October 05, 2010, 08:52:44 AM
in before Tom says "LET THE A$$HOLE GO OMG HE'S SHYT AND SO OLD LIKE 98 +1!!!1!!1ONE!!1!"

Nice try. Do you want a player playing for you who wants to be here or player who continues to talk about playing for another team? Pretty simple question. I would play Stockdale as soon as he is healthy. He wants to be here and play for Fulham.

He does want to play for us, until January. Mark wants to play football, he wants to be the best he can be as an individual.

If that chance is with Fulham, he will have it, but if that chance is with Arsenal, he would like that too.

It is the Aussie media who are bringing this up, NOT Mark. He comes here, and all the hooplah is that little old Fulham are keeping one of OUR players out of the top 4! The media desperately want an Aussie playing for a top 4 side because it gives them more to cover to keep people interested. It is simple, there are more Arsenal fans than Fulham fans in Australia, a story about Fulham and Schwarzer will get less recognition than a story about Arsenal  and Schwarzer.

Mark is a servant of the game at international, european and club level. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Fulham, who I love, are not one of the top clubs in the world as far as playing goes.

To answer your question, I am quite sure that Mark does want to play for Fulham. But he wants to play champions league football to top off his illustrious career and anyone who blames him for that doesn't have a heart. Feel lucky we do have an adequate replacement for when he leaves, and when Mark puts his body on the line week after week as teams attack his weakness of the longball, I'd love to see you do ONE mature thing on this board and pen a little bit of an apology to a man who will still give 110% to the club despite not being allowed to go to a club that lets him fulfill his dreams, after they promised him he could.
When someone is playing for you and there mind is somewhere else and wishing they were playing for another team, I don't know if I can completely trust that player. I want players who want to play for Fulham!

You just don't get the sporting psyche of the UK and similar places. A man who was a good chunk of our teams performance and adventure in Europe, wishes to play at the highest level before he retires. If he can, let him.

I guess that is the difference between you and I, letting a good bloke have what he deserves.

If he wanted, he could be sitting on the bench each week, many have before him, and many will to come. But every saturday he stands between the sticks in his ugly keeping shirt and does his best for a club that promised him the chance to fulfil his dream but took it away from him without much of an explanation.
I absolutely have an American psyche and you need a killer instinct and want to play for that team. It is very clear that his head is some where else.
Fulham for life!

michaelread

Quote from: Tom on October 05, 2010, 09:01:31 AM

I absolutely have an American psyche and you need a killer instinct and want to play for that team. It is very clear that his head is some where else.

This is you.

CNNNN - Stupid Americans

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on October 05, 2010, 09:03:52 AM

This is you.

CNNNN - Stupid Americans
Your dumb! Keep believing that. I would gladly take you on in a knowledge test and sweep you under the rug!
Fulham for life!

FC Silver Fox

Last July in this forum, I suggested giving Stockdale a chance in the 1st team and was politely shot down in flames. I now feel fully vindicated and entitled to have a 'I told you so' all over you.
However that would be childish, so I'll just be content with a 30 second supercillious smile before coming back to my usual humble self.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

michaelread

Your dumb! Keep believing that. I would gladly take you on in a knowledge test and sweep you under the rug!

Oh, the irony.

Nick the Swede

Bench him as soon as Stockdale is fit, but don't sell him under our evaluation price. Arsenal are trying the same antics with us as they criticize Barcelona for doing. I.e. Tapping up other clubs players and then refusing to pay the asking price.

Let him go, but only for the right price. It is up to the club to decide, NOT the player.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

LBNo11

Quote from: Nick the Swede on October 05, 2010, 09:41:19 AM
Bench him as soon as Stockdale is fit, but don't sell him under our evaluation price. Arsenal are trying the same antics with us as they criticize Barcelona for doing. I.e. Tapping up other clubs players and then refusing to pay the asking price.

Let him go, but only for the right price. It is up to the club to decide, NOT the player.

...absolutely spot-on Nick, I would not be annoyed at Mark trying to finish his career on a CL high. Black Mark has stated he has at least two good years in him, and his worth to a club with ambition is more than the £2 million that Ar$e-in-Vinegar is insulting us with - Whinger uses the very same tactics with us that he openly deplores when used against him, but as ever he is myopic when it suits him.

But, before we sell him we must find a suitable replacement, and as Whinger has found to his cost, they aren't easy to come by. If Stockdale gets injured or poached, we would be seriousy in the mire...

PS: michaelread and Tom, cool it, take this as a cyber knocking of heads together, agree to disagree, but stop antagonising each other for FoFs sake..! :028:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Why does it feel it worth answering these questions when he knows it makes him unpopular with the club and fans he is playing for. My advice to our 'past his best, overrated Keeper. Shut Up and do the job for the people who employ you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

This could all be regurgitated  rubbish , no body knows when and if Swarz said this

Lighthouse

Quote from: epsomraver on October 05, 2010, 10:20:44 AM
This could all be regurgitated  rubbish , no body knows when and if Swarz said this

Do we know that anything we read is true? In fact do we know that what we see is what others see? Is reality just a dream sequence in an old film that has gained substance because those watching believed it to be true? Are the people watching the film just the imagination of the person who made the film? Are the people in the film real or did they imagine the people watching them and the man who made it? Do any of us really exist? What is truth? One mans murderer is another man hero. He who laughs last had only just understood the joke.

Swart said it when he joined the Aussie team when he was asked. But does him saying it and us not being there to hear it mean the tree never fell in the woods? Discuss is very close to discus.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

We know the 'Da Vinci Code' is true Lighthouse because Dan Brown helpfully points out what are the facts at the begining of the book. Except that was just artistic creativity and almost none of it is true. Anyone else see that documentary last night? Thats an hour of my life I won't get back. :019:

Schwarzers comments have the ring of desperation about them and my conclusion is that Sparky has had his efforts at a new contract rebuffed and is therefore looking to make the same offer as in the last window - if I can get someone in you can go.

epsomraver

Wenger is raving now how good the young Italian is now so Swarz could be surplus to requirements

Burt

Lazy space-filling journalism alert...

White Noise

Quote from: Burt on October 05, 2010, 12:41:22 PM
Lazy space-filling journalism alert...

Is there a little yellow face for that?

Burt

Take your pick from any of the following:

:020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:

HatterDon

Something that seems to have totally escaped the notice of Tom and others is that if Mark really DOES want to go, it is in his best interests to play at the highest level possible. There is nobody on Gods Green Earth that wants a player who dogs it so his side will let him leave. As well as Fabianski played v. The Undead, and as promising as Mannone is [remember how he single-handedly saved Arsenal from losing 7-1 at the Cottage? I bet AJ does,since the Fat Italian Kid cost him a hattrick on the day], Marks going to have to do wonders for Fulham if he's going to get that big brass ring.

Schwarzer will give his very best for 90 minutes every time he's between the sticks. He, like all athletes, suffers a loss of form from time to time. I believe he's just coming out of one of his rare down periods. And, let's face it. Which player on our squad would turn down a chance to play in the starting XI at Barca, at Inter, at United for that matter? If they weren't ambitious in the first place, they'd be playing Sunday league. Besides, where is the "loyalty" when the board decides there's a prettier girl down the road and kicks you out the back door?

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamwannabe