Main Menu

Schwarzer Still Keen On Arsenal Move

Started by White Noise, October 04, 2010, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 06, 2010, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:36:30 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 06, 2010, 04:34:23 PM
He has not played well this year at all.

Funny, we'd have lost to Everton without him, he made a couple of mistakes against Stoke and was beaten up by Blackburn. I think hes ok.
Key word being ok. Last year he played very well and there was not talk of him leaving or being distracted by that.

He has had two rough games against sides who notoriously target keepers. He is still the best keeper at the club. I would let him sign for Arsenal at the end of the season provided he puts a shift in for us this year, which I have no doubt he will do.

The interesting thing is that Arsenal have been quiet since the transfer deadline and it is the Aussie press kicking up a fuss by asking him his intentions every time he goes on international duty. I think the fact that Wenger refused to pay us £4m speaks volumes about how much they are ACTUALLY interested in Mark.
I think that they see that is he on the downside of his career now.
Fulham for life!

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:29:31 PM
He has not played well this year at all. When there is smoke, there is usually fire my friends.
that's because he doesn't want to stay,his mind is with arsenal

SmithyFFC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 06, 2010, 04:40:32 PM
Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:36:30 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 06, 2010, 04:34:23 PM
He has not played well this year at all.

Funny, we'd have lost to Everton without him, he made a couple of mistakes against Stoke and was beaten up by Blackburn. I think hes ok.
Key word being ok. Last year he played very well and there was not talk of him leaving or being distracted by that.

He has had two rough games against sides who notoriously target keepers. He is still the best keeper at the club. I would let him sign for Arsenal at the end of the season provided he puts a shift in for us this year, which I have no doubt he will do.

The interesting thing is that Arsenal have been quiet since the transfer deadline and it is the Aussie press kicking up a fuss by asking him his intentions every time he goes on international duty. I think the fact that Wenger refused to pay us £4m speaks volumes about how much they are ACTUALLY interested in Mark.

Tom, what more could he have done to prove he has not been distracted? And can you imagine he diffucult it must have been for him knowing that one of the biggest clubs in Europe were after him? I'm sure he tryd to resolve the situation quickly however, we couldn't do business with no manager. He therefore had to wait and by the time Hughes came in there was no time for us to find a capable replacement.

Personally, I think he will now end up finishing his career with us, Wenger was tempted by a 37 year old nearing 38, if we can hold out til the summer, will he really want a 38 year old going on 39? I doubt it.
FTID

simplyfulham

I understand the want to have players soley interested in playing for fulham but there are 2 points to remember here. 

1) fulham refused the bid because it wasn't acceptable for the club. As much as I'm sure Mark liked the idea of stepping up once arsenals interest was confirmed, he understands that. He could of really thrown his toys out the pram ala robinho, ronaldo and van hooijdonk. But he did begrudging accept this is arsenals fault.

2) your right and he did openly admit that this did affect him mentally, presumably this is why he was "injured" at the start of the season. But he knows if he wants a shot at moving to arsenal in January he needs to be playing at his best. 

fulham only ever wanted arsenal to meet their valuation. Mark could have let a want away player leave for less but personnally I'm glad he took a stand against the 'big 4's bullying technique when it comes to transfers.

HatterDon

Can we get Tom a "Schwarzer go to hell" smilie to save him all that typing?

If that works, we can get Mr. Finn a "I don't care what you say; Eddie Johnson sucks" smilie as well!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Peabody

Tom it dose'nt matter what you want, or for that matter what I want, or indeed what any fan wants. At the moment Mark is staying with us, if the time comes whether a decision has to be made as to his future, then that will be made by Mark Hughes.

Burt

Quote from: Peabody on October 06, 2010, 05:32:11 PM
Tom it dose'nt matter what you want, or for that matter what I want, or indeed what any fan wants. At the moment Mark is staying with us, if the time comes whether a decision has to be made as to his future, then that will be made by Mark Hughes.

Same as what Mr Peabody said.

A succinct summary of the situation.

Motown

If Mr Schwarzer remains 'keen' then he can go in the January window, having seen out his contract with this club. He didn't leave in the summer because we had no adequate replacement and our newly-arrived manager didn't see fit to roll over for Arsenal's pee-taking activity. The interests of our club remain paramount, not Mr Schwarzer's or any other individual who is duly contracted. Hughes will have a quality keeper in his cross-hairs well before New Year and we will have Stockers.
What is required from MS is that he FULLY honours his commitment to FFC before taking his ageing abilities up the Arse - assuming they're still required..... :dft003:

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2010, 05:05:09 PM

If that works, we can get Mr. Finn a "I don't care what you say; Eddie Johnson sucks" smilie as well!

Does this mean we can also get a 'I don't care what Hodgson does at Liverpool hes not our manager anymore' smilie?  :045:
FTID

michaelread

Tom, I have followed Mark's career for a long, long, long time.

As an Aussie, MS is my favourite player in terms of his ability, commitment, sportsmanship, and overall, his good morals and outstanding loyalty to those who show faith in him. He works hard for the community, he works hard for the club. On the preseason tour, Mark and JP were the ONLY players who bothered to meet the fans who had travelled across Australia (a huge freakin place) just to see them play.

As a professional, Mark wants to reach the highest point he can in his career as a footballer. That is to win the champions league, or win the premier league. (He sure wont win a world cup as an aussie, perhaps he should declare for germany)

He has every right to want to progress in his career. He is not holding us for ransom, he is not walking out the door, he is not protesting and letting goals in and (despite Stockdales wonderful, and truly lucky, performances) Mark has been the best keeper for us this year. We would not be an undefeated side without Mark.

Mark is still in the top category of keepers in the WORLD. We should be thankful that the stars didnt align and we get his services again for another few months.

Personally, as a Fulham fan, a Mark Schwarzer fan, and a FOOTBALL fan, I wish any honest player all the accolades they can achieve in their careers, as there arent many hardworking, honest players left.

Watching Diego Forlan win the Europa League hurt less than we expected. Why? Because he is class, on AND off the pitch, just like our own Mark Schwarzer. He has served us well.

Tom

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 06, 2010, 04:48:06 PM
Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2010, 04:29:31 PM
He has not played well this year at all. When there is smoke, there is usually fire my friends.
that's because he doesn't want to stay,his mind is with arsenal
That is what I have been trying to get across on the board.
Fulham for life!

Tom

I don't want Schwarzer to go to hell. I like Schwarzer. I just wants players playing for Fulham, dedicated to Fulham.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Thanks for that wonderful insight Peabody.  :002:
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: michaelread on October 07, 2010, 12:14:58 AM
Tom, I have followed Mark's career for a long, long, long time.

As an Aussie, MS is my favourite player in terms of his ability, commitment, sportsmanship, and overall, his good morals and outstanding loyalty to those who show faith in him. He works hard for the community, he works hard for the club. On the preseason tour, Mark and JP were the ONLY players who bothered to meet the fans who had travelled across Australia (a huge freakin place) just to see them play.

As a professional, Mark wants to reach the highest point he can in his career as a footballer. That is to win the champions league, or win the premier league. (He sure wont win a world cup as an aussie, perhaps he should declare for germany)

He has every right to want to progress in his career. He is not holding us for ransom, he is not walking out the door, he is not protesting and letting goals in and (despite Stockdales wonderful, and truly lucky, performances) Mark has been the best keeper for us this year. We would not be an undefeated side without Mark.

Mark is still in the top category of keepers in the WORLD. We should be thankful that the stars didnt align and we get his services again for another few months.

Personally, as a Fulham fan, a Mark Schwarzer fan, and a FOOTBALL fan, I wish any honest player all the accolades they can achieve in their careers, as there arent many hardworking, honest players left.

Watching Diego Forlan win the Europa League hurt less than we expected. Why? Because he is class, on AND off the pitch, just like our own Mark Schwarzer. He has served us well.

That is great Michael, I have no problem with Mark being one of your favorite players. I had no problem with Mark until all this stuff started coming out saying he wanted to play for another team. All I am saying is you want players who want to play for you. If a player is wanting to play for another team, who knows what kind of effort you are getting from them and where there mind is. Mark was great for us last year and this year just so-so at best. I have no problem with Mark wanting to play for a bigger club but you don't make that public, keep that to himself. Making that public is just plain stupid. If fans are loyal, shouldn't players be loyal to there teams? On a more serious note, good luck on finding a new job!
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 06, 2010, 10:15:45 PM

Does this mean we can also get a 'I don't care what Hodgson does at Liverpool hes not our manager anymore' smilie?  :045:

Sure Mr. Ff2!!  :011:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Peabody

Quote from: Tom on October 07, 2010, 06:22:49 AM
Thanks for that Tom!. Good to see you expressing your opinions without namecalling, though I am not sure about sarcasm

Tom

Quote from: Peabody on October 07, 2010, 10:23:26 AM
Thanks for that Tom!. Good to see you expressing your opinions without namecalling, though I am not sure about sarcasm
Pure sarcasm Peabody.
Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Tom on October 07, 2010, 03:44:21 PM
Quote from: Peabody on October 07, 2010, 10:23:26 AM
Pure sarcasm Peabody.
:wum: I always thought that Americans only did sarcasm anyway :015:

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6437099,00.html

Schwarzer might still leave

Aussie keeper may yet secure dream move to Gunners

Last updated: 10th October 2010

Mark Schwarzer has refused to rule out the possibility of completing a much-touted switch to Arsenal during the January transfer window.

The Fulham goalkeeper was heavily linked with a move to Emirates Stadium over the summer, having made it clear that he wished to join the Gunners.

In the end a deal failed to materialise, with the Cottagers reluctant to part with their first-choice keeper without first finding a replacement.

Arsenal could return in the winter window, though, as Arsene Wenger is still to address his own issues between the sticks.

Schwarzer admits anything is possible, but has hinted that he would welcome the opportunity to test himself at the highest possible level.

Hectic
"Who knows, we will have to wait and see," he told Sky Sports News when asked if he could still end up at Arsenal.

"I'm very happy at Fulham. The supporters have been unbelievable and I've enjoyed every minute.

"It's been a very hectic two months or so and the fans have been great to me. I am enjoying my football again."

Schwarzer added: "I think when you look at the opportunity that was in front of me, I don't think anyone can begrudge me exploring that opportunity.

"The club actually asked me if I was interested in exploring the opportunity, and I was. I'm not getting any younger, unfortunately, and you always want to better yourself."