Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Bad

1) a lot of players don't look match fit
2) McDonald doesn't look good enough against better opposition
3) We looked like conceding constantly especially from crosses
4) Sess totally misused at LB
5) lots of sloppiness in possession
6) our press got bypasses very easily at times.
7) Kebano shouldn't ever be used at a central striker.
8) played ourselves into trouble several times at the back

Good

1) when we got our offensive passing game going we looked very good at times
2) Mitro looked good, but a little unfit
3) Kamara was very positive and probably looked the most threatening player. Always has a bad touch in him but overall very positive
4) I thought Fabri did well overall (I know people were being critical of his positioning for the second). He made a wonderful save in the second half.
5) Ream was good at the back
6) Fossey looked decent when he came on, although lacks a yard of pace

Overall a good indication of where we are, against a lower mid table La Liga team. Lots to think about. A starting LB and DM are an absolute must before next weekend. Defensive work, especially from crosses is vital

The Rock

It is difficult to judge as both teams were going at 60% or so.

The fitness boost was needed and we aren't too far off being ready to go. The forecast for next Sat is 3-4 degrees cooler.

We need a CB and LB. that's about it. Team looked really good.

It's hard to slag any of the players, Macdonald included. The game meant nothing.

Denver Fulham

If you assume Mawson gets healthy and only misses 2-3 matches, and we buy a starting LB and a DM better than McDonald, we should be OK, but we're pretty thin at the moment in a number of spots. I'm also not convinced on our goalkeeping.

ToodlesMcToot

Haven't seen any match reports, or even the 18 from today. Curious about Djalo. Has he gotten any playing time today or in the rest of the friendlies? Looking good enough to step in for the odd cup match or in an emergency? Or, are we looking more like needing to cut bait and move on to another prospect?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Robbie

The thing that should make us all nervous is that we have basically sacked/fired half of our winning team.

If you look at the teams that have been promoted in recent years and survived, they maintained momentum and team spirit, and that got them through.

Bear in mind, we are unlikely to get anything from the top five.  The wins we can gain are pretty limited.

COYWs !

alfie

I was impressed with their number 7
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jamie88

Quote from: Robbie on August 04, 2018, 05:41:56 PM
The thing that should make us all nervous is that we have basically sacked/fired half of our winning team.

If you look at the teams that have been promoted in recent years and survived, they maintained momentum and team spirit, and that got them through.

Bear in mind, we are unlikely to get anything from the top five.  The wins we can gain are pretty limited.

COYWs !

What are you talking about? We haven't 'sacked' anyone!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 04, 2018, 05:41:52 PM
Haven't seen any match reports, or even the 18 from today. Curious about Djalo. Has he gotten any playing time today or in the rest of the friendlies? Looking good enough to step in for the odd cup match or in an emergency? Or, are we looking more like needing to cut bait and move on to another prospect?

He never played season so safe to assume he's done at Fulham.

fulham traveller

Just home
We look short of fitness, we are a month away from being a ready, worrying that we can't defend crosses

Twig

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 04, 2018, 05:47:38 PM

COYWs !

But I think you know what he means. 

hovewhite

Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2018, 06:05:33 PM

COYWs !

does he mean the loan players?

Neil D

The lack of familiarity among the players of each others' game is an issue, as Robbie indicates.  You have to hit the ground running in the PL so rebuilding the team to this extent is always going to be a risk.  We certainly can't afford to the bedding-in time we needed at the start of last season.

Arthur

Fredericks has gone (seemingly to be replaced by Christie, who was already here), Bettinelli is injured (supposedly) and we've tabled a bid of £13M for Targett (allegedly).

No one else from the starting XI at Wembley has been left out of the picture pre-season.

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on August 04, 2018, 06:08:17 PM
Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2018, 06:05:33 PM

COYWs !

does he mean the loan players?
Fredericks, Kalas, Piazon and Targett have gone missing and Odoi is suspended , that is a sizeable chunk from our Wembley squad and the new big money buys will have to show fitness and blend into the team. Unlikely for that to happen in the next seven days.
Roy will be feeling optimistic about collecting the points next week.

Bryanthebroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlVRWjelPCk

Found (almost) full match on youtube. Hope copyright doesnt take it down too quickly!

davew

An unfit and ill prepared and under strength squad (especially in defence), what have we got to worry about, at the moment Everything!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

Palace at home is the first 6-pointer - then it's Burnley - really need to win at home against the bottom 8 teams - we have to get 38 points somehow

@jolslover

Mitro my MOTM, Kamara in second. Thought Fabri looked decent, His distribution was better than Betts' and he was very quick off his line.
STH H3

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on August 04, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlVRWjelPCk

Found (almost) full match on youtube. Hope copyright doesnt take it down too quickly!

I actually already posted this link on livestream thread during the match.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: @jolslover on August 04, 2018, 08:03:51 PM
Mitro my MOTM, Kamara in second. Thought Fabri looked decent, His distribution was better than Betts' and he was very quick off his line.

Agee with you, and I also think Mitro will only get better as he looked a bit unfit today. Also I thought that Sess was pretty bad as a leftback, maybe even our worst player on the pitch which I think means that we desperately need a leftback.