watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts from today

Started by Ordar, August 04, 2018, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Relax, it was only a friendly - things will be a lot different next week.

alexbishop

I was there today and  I have a few points to note:

- Defensively very poor and we looked like conceding every time they attacked. Man City would have scored 10.
- Ream lacking a bit of pace and not sure if he's completely match fit.
- Him and Maxi do not work as centre back pairing
- actually thought Sess had good game at left back
- Crystie was poor defensively today
- K Mac was not up to it at all today and looked hungover
- Seri looks immense
- Schürrle peaked early but faded quickly
- Cairney still class
- looked good in attack during first half and periods of second.
- Mitro not fit yet.
- Kamara really looking good.

I think unless we get sorted defensively in the next few days Palace could put a few goals past us, especially from set pieces.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Lyle from Hangeland

The negativity in this thread is so ugly and weird. Going to be a long, hard, and fun season... like a grand roller coaster ride.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 04, 2018, 08:21:45 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on August 04, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlVRWjelPCk

Found (almost) full match on youtube. Hope copyright doesnt take it down too quickly!

I actually already posted this link on livestream thread during the match.

Oops sorry didn't see it.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on August 04, 2018, 08:57:40 PM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 04, 2018, 08:21:45 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on August 04, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlVRWjelPCk

Found (almost) full match on youtube. Hope copyright doesnt take it down too quickly!

I actually already posted this link on livestream thread during the match.

Oops sorry didn't see it.

Everything's ok 👌👌👌

nose returns

Quote from: alfie on August 04, 2018, 05:42:36 PM
I was impressed with their number 7

He is reckoned to be hot property, young and a future big star. Name is mor

nose returns

I went. Last  minute descision.  Enjoyed a friendly for the first tim in ages.
Celta took it seriuosly and are good
Our defence is currently a disaster, only one regular from last season and it showed. The french center back will not be good enough, i am sure. Sess, has to play up field but was top man at lb the one bright spark. Christie will be out of his depth in the prem.
Midfield 3 have not quite clicked and kmac clearly not sure where he is playing tc good in flashes and when he and serri play together sparks will fly in a good way.
Forwards. Schurl is a class act but overplays, ak was a revalation and mitro was, other than the goal, pretty poor, he had no first touch at all but the record will show one goal one assist. He has to improve to compete in the prem.

And all that will improve, i hope, with a bit of time and competitive edge

What was concerning was how poor we were at the back, the goalkeeper is a first rate nightmare and endlessly inable to deal with crosses, his anticipation and positioning was sunday league stuff. If he starts we will be ripped to shreds, button was a superior choice. This is not to do with being a friendly but just not being positioned... both goals as the balls were played i said the keeper is miles out of position.

Betts is miles better!

If we play like that again we will be shredded. We need a fit cb and a rb and a lb very quickly, new ones otherwise we will return from whence we came.

RaySmith

How can you judge players on one friendly in a new team?

Robbie

I should clarify my earlier comment (and COYWs!) .... our starting side next Saturday is likely to look very unlike our winning side in the Championship.   That makes me nervous and a good week of training is needed!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I watched it on the FFC live stream and thought we looked very good in midfield and attack.
Defensively we were embarrasing.
CV missed half a dozen clear cut chances as they exposed us.

Mmmmmmm   !!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

nose returns

Quote from: RaySmith on August 04, 2018, 09:41:22 PM
How can you judge players on ne friendly in a new team?

because i went to the game and commented on what isaw.
if the outfield players may need time, the goalkeeper's positioning was certainly a concern.

fulham traveller

Oh well down by Xmas on tnis thread

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulham traveller on August 04, 2018, 11:27:46 PM
Oh well down by Xmas on tnis thread

Not me, I think with the right combination in defence, inc a left back (which could be LeMar) we will
surprise a lot of teams and finish 10th-12th

Woolly Mammoth

A busy old week this week on and off the training ground I expect.
Leading up to our first League match v Crystal Palace, which by coincidence was our last opponents in the Premier League the year we went down, as we all remember, was a 2 2 draw with David and Woodrow our scorers.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Westlondonffc

Celta Vigo were the better side. They finished 13th last season, they would be a top 10 side in the Premier League. Not sure our league is the best in the world as we keep being told

simplyfulham

Quote from: Ordar on August 04, 2018, 05:23:54 PM

6) Fossey looked decent when he came on, although lacks a yard of pace

Sarcasm?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Why can't we, the season starts in 7 days

hovewhite

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 05, 2018, 12:51:51 AM

Why can't we, the season starts in 7 days
well slav will want an idea of what's working and what's not as mentioned weaknesses in the team in P/M conference.

toshes mate

The key to everything about success in football is continuity and not losing so many players at the completion of a season.  I am not privy to what goes on behind the scenes at FFC but I can say that it is simply not good enough to have so many player requirements left hanging in the ether with so little time left in the window.  If this were the first time it had happened I'd put it down to bad luck but it isn't and so I'd put it down to something else entirely.   The left back situation has been an open book ever since Malone was sold and so will the recruitment team cheerleaders please have a word with their heroes. 

@jolslover

Quote from: nose returns on August 04, 2018, 09:37:50 PM
I went. Last  minute descision.  Enjoyed a friendly for the first tim in ages.
Celta took it seriuosly and are good
Our defence is currently a disaster, only one regular from last season and it showed. The french center back will not be good enough, i am sure. Sess, has to play up field but was top man at lb the one bright spark. Christie will be out of his depth in the prem.
Midfield 3 have not quite clicked and kmac clearly not sure where he is playing tc good in flashes and when he and serri play together sparks will fly in a good way.
Forwards. Schurl is a class act but overplays, ak was a revalation and mitro was, other than the goal, pretty poor, he had no first touch at all but the record will show one goal one assist. He has to improve to compete in the prem.

And all that will improve, i hope, with a bit of time and competitive edge

What was concerning was how poor we were at the back, the goalkeeper is a first rate nightmare and endlessly inable to deal with crosses, his anticipation and positioning was sunday league stuff. If he starts we will be ripped to shreds, button was a superior choice. This is not to do with being a friendly but just not being positioned... both goals as the balls were played i said the keeper is miles out of position.

Betts is miles better!

If we play like that again we will be shredded. We need a fit cb and a rb and a lb very quickly, new ones otherwise we will return from whence we came.

While I agree with most points I feel your views on Fabri are a very harsh assessment.
I thought there were a lot of positives to take away from Fabri. His distribution was clearly better than Betts (Didn't hit the ball out of play once, Compared with Betts who hits it out of play 50% of the time he tries to find the fullbacks) and he was very quick off his line. Showing he can play almost as a sweeper which I think is the type of keeper Joka is looking for due to our high line leaving us vulnerable to balls over the top. I think he will be fit in well here.
STH H3