Main Menu

Premiership Predictions For 2018-19 Season

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, July 31, 2018, 07:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Ok Barrett, will do. 

Sorry for the intrusion.

I'll try to figure this thing out.

Hoping for a Fulham finish mid table, I think anywhere from 8-9 to 14-15 would be a successful return.  Fingers crossed.

Barrett487

Quote from: WindyCity on August 01, 2018, 05:10:02 PM
Ok Barrett, will do. 

Sorry for the intrusion.

I'll try to figure this thing out.

Hoping for a Fulham finish mid table, I think anywhere from 8-9 to 14-15 would be a successful return.  Fingers crossed.
No problem. To answer to someone directly, either click on their name and pm them, or click 'quote' next to their posting. If you're brave enough to start a new topic, do so. Chaps are helpful usually on here. Looking forward to seeing you post in the right topics in future.

Milo

Quote from: WindyCity on August 01, 2018, 04:32:07 PM
Hey all.  New to the forum.  Still trying to figure out how to use, and could use some help.

1). Under my screen and there is another name (Jari Litmanen).  Not sure why this shows up.  I googled and see he is a former player and had some time with Fulham.  Does that name always stay there, or can I change it?

2). How do I (or can I) reply to a specific poster in a thread?

3). I try to upload an avatar image and every time I do it, it says an error has occurred and the image can't be saved.  Need some help on how to place an avatar.

Thx much for any help someone can give me.  Look forward to discussing Fulham this season on the forum.

Hey WindyCity, welcome to the forum!

As everyone has suggested, there are some posts stuck to the top of this forum that explain most of the questions you have (what the different names mean under your forum name for instance).

Replying to an individual poster can be done by clicking the "Quote" button next to their specific post - this will transfer a quoted message into the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the screen. Just pop your reply in below it.

Lastly, avatars are a bit tricky. I struggled myself! On the Website Feedback forum there is an "AVATARS" thread at the top. If you post in that with your problems then one of the administrators will get back to you and walk you through it (it may need them to do it for you!).

Hope all this helps, any questions PM me.

Milo

Barrett487

Suppose i'd better make some predictions, seeing as i've posted a few times on this thread without answering the question

1/ City
2/ Pool
3/ Arsenal
4/ Man u

15/ Fulham

18/ Bournemouth
19/ Brighton
20/ Cardiff

Sgt Fulham

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham

13. Fulham

18. Watford
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

bornafulhamfan

1. Manchester City(think they are still too strong for everyone)
2. Liverpool(some nice signings, probably the only team that can win the league besides City)
3. Manchester United(they probably have the most expensive team on paper, but can't see them being neither first nor second)
4. Arsenal(really like their squad and their managers playing style)
5. Tottenham(didn't sign anyone,was never really that impressed with them)
6. Chelsea(their new manager completely changed their philosophy and I think they are in the transition period right now, will probably be better next year)
7. Everton(always admired Marco Silva,they made some class signings and have a huge squad. I think they are going to be really good this year)
8. West Ham United(for me Pelegrini is an underrated manager and they bought some good players, I think they will make some big surprises this season)
9. Wolverhampton Wanderers(enough was already said about them)
10. Fulham(I honestly think we will be 10th if we sort out our defence,if we don't I can even see us getting relegated)
11. Burnley(last season they proved to be a very solid side,this year they will play European games so I think they would drop a few places)
12. Brighton and Hove Albion(made some really good signings)
13. Crystal Palace(think that Roy is a very experienced manager and will lead them to 13th place)
14. Watford(lost Richarlison and Amrabat,but still a solid side)
15. Leicester City(made some nice signings,but lost Mahrez. Can see them doing a bit better than 15th too)
16. Newcastle United(Their team looks like a mess tbh)
17. Southampton(My gut tells me they will just about edge Bournemouth but that that will be a really close race)
18. Bournemouth(feel sorry for them because I quite like them and I quite like Eddie Howe,but their squad just looks too weak)
19. Huddersfield Town( in my opinion they have the weakest squad in the league after Cardiff)
20. Cardiff City(they are rubbish in every way, poor squad,tactics,depth and have that moron of a manager)

Robbie

15th

Cardiff will be interesting, only £20m spent.  If they stay up that will be the best return in the PL ever.

love4ffc

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 05, 2018, 06:09:56 PM
1. Manchester City(think they are still too strong for everyone)
2. Liverpool(some nice signings, probably the only team that can win the league besides City)
3. Manchester United(they probably have the most expensive team on paper, but can't see them being neither first nor second)
4. Arsenal(really like their squad and their managers playing style)
5. Tottenham(didn't sign anyone,was never really that impressed with them)
6. Chelsea(their new manager completely changed their philosophy and I think they are in the transition period right now, will probably be better next year)
7. Everton(always admired Marco Silva,they made some class signings and have a huge squad. I think they are going to be really good this year)
8. West Ham United(for me Pelegrini is an underrated manager and they bought some good players, I think they will make some big surprises this season)
9. Wolverhampton Wanderers(enough was already said about them)
10. Fulham(I honestly think we will be 10th if we sort out our defence,if we don't I can even see us getting relegated)
11. Burnley(last season they proved to be a very solid side,this year they will play European games so I think they would drop a few places)
12. Brighton and Hove Albion(made some really good signings)
13. Crystal Palace(think that Roy is a very experienced manager and will lead them to 13th place)
14. Watford(lost Richarlison and Amrabat,but still a solid side)
15. Leicester City(made some nice signings,but lost Mahrez. Can see them doing a bit better than 15th too)
16. Newcastle United(Their team looks like a mess tbh)
17. Southampton(My gut tells me they will just about edge Bournemouth but that that will be a really close race)
18. Bournemouth(feel sorry for them because I quite like them and I quite like Eddie Howe,but their squad just looks too weak)
19. Huddersfield Town( in my opinion they have the weakest squad in the league after Cardiff)
20. Cardiff City(they are rubbish in every way, poor squad,tactics,depth and have that moron of a manager)

Excellent write up.  Have to agree with on most everything.  Think United will struggle more this year with Jose "Moron o" already showing signs that he might be loosing the locker room.  Could see him gone by Christmas. 

Think Liverpool might surprise people and just win it all.  Klopp seems to be a very strong manager who has brought in some good signings. 

Third place I think is up for grabs between Man U, Arse and Spuds.  Agree with those who say Spuds will start slow. 

1.  Liverfool
2.  Chity
3.  Spuds will just pull it off

10 - 12  Fulham - so much to speculate on but that is where I see us.

16 - 18 going to be a very interesting season I think with lots of drama from Castle, South Hampton, and Bournemouth.  Could even see Leicester and Watford in that mix. 

19.  Huddersfield
20.  Cardiff going to be an ugly season for them.  Would not want to bet on how long their manager last. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lyle from Hangeland

1.   Liverpool
2.   Manchester City
3.   Tottenham
4.   Arsenal
5.   Wolverhampton
6.   Fulham
7.   Chelsea
8.   Manchester United
9.   West Ham
10. Everton
11. Leicester City
12. Crystal Palace
13. Burnley
14. Newcastle
15. Brighton
16. Bournemouth
17. Southampton
18. Watford
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

Tex

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 06, 2018, 03:32:46 AM
1.   Liverpool
2.   Manchester City
3.   Tottenham
4.   Arsenal
5.   Wolverhampton
6.   Fulham
7.   Chelsea
8.   Manchester United
9.   West Ham
10. Everton
11. Leicester City
12. Crystal Palace
13. Burnley
14. Newcastle
15. Brighton
16. Bournemouth
17. Southampton
18. Watford
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

That certainly would be a good season!!

Woolly Mammoth

That looks about right to me, if we can bring in a couple more defenders.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SWSixer on August 01, 2018, 04:39:35 AM
Quote from: JDH101 on August 01, 2018, 03:33:34 AM
Its called the Premier League. Premiership is rugby.

If we are being pedantic, Rugby should have a capital 'R'.

Found this online as I thought it interesting:-

"No, don't capitalise rugby the game.

The game was originally and in fact is also still called rugby football. In the 19th and first half of the 20th centuries it was often written Rugby football (and Rugby match, Rugby players, Rugby authority, Rugby code).

But rugby the game's been part of the language for long enough to have become a word in its own right, independent of the town of Rugby."

hth

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Twig

If we make just a couple more signings then my prediction would be for Fulham to finish 14th

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Spurs
4 Arsenal

Relegation; Cardiff, Brighton and Newcastle.