watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next!!!

Started by BernieBoy, August 07, 2018, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieBoy

Now that Chambers is over the line and less than 48 hours to go to get our squad finalised, who do we think will be next??

I know everyone will say priority is a left back and I 100% agree, the links to left backs seem to have gone quiet in the last day or two from what I have seen. Who do we think is most likely?

LB - Targett, Willems, Hernandez or other

Can we see another 3 come in with a DM and another attacking option (Ayew or Cavalerio)?

Bracken White

Yep, sounds like being greedy but after the excellent acquisition of Chambers we do need that quality LB. Would love it to be Targett who would fit in seamlessly - but if not need to know what alternatives are up our sleeve ... 2 days to go!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Statto

Agree with your analysis.

My measure of need would be...

LB - 100%, vital
DM - 80%, important
CF - 50%, nice to have

Would really like to see an LB tied up tomorrow to take the pressure off

hovewhite

Tick tock tick tock,must be a LB, but who?
Tick tock tick tock,

Woolly Mammoth

Not greedy at all, it's a necessary requirement, and furthermore, a DM and as been mentioned, and another attacking option.
Not too much to ask if we really want to give ourselves the best chance of a good start to the season. There will be injuries, suspensions and loss of form.
Our squad still needs reinforcing, we are getting there, but still work to be done.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

It seemed to take a while to get the Chambers deal over the line, not sure there is time now to get that desperately needed left back over the line.

BernieBoy

Quote from: filham on August 07, 2018, 09:08:59 PM
It seemed to take a while to get the Chambers deal over the line, not sure there is time now to get that desperately needed left back over the line.

I don't know why the drag these announcements out so much, but they will make time to get what we need over the line and will have been working on the deals whilst Chambers got tied up.

Hopefully Targett for seemless transition, with so many changes to the team/defence, but I'll take any quality addition at LB to be fair at this stage. We cannot have Le Merchand and Sess as our to Lb options!

Steven Ageroad

I'm sure that our transfer department is like a good woman, they can multi task!

Southdowns White

Quote from: BernieBoy on August 07, 2018, 09:12:35 PM

I don't know why the drag these announcements out so much, but they will make time to get what we need over the line and will have been working on the deals whilst Chambers got tied up.

Hopefully Targett for seemless transition, with so many changes to the team/defence, but I'll take any quality addition at LB to be fair at this stage. We cannot have Le Merchand and Sess as our to Lb options!
The actual deals take very little time but it takes the media department at Fulham football club  days thinking of a suitable pun for the website announcements, eg, MagiCAL for the latest one.

alexbishop

We may have to accept we won't get in everyone required this window and have to wait until January. We do require a starting left back and I accept that. However, if we don't secure our target this window then it won't be the end of the world as we do have cover there - Sess for an athletic option, Ream and MLM for slower but more defensive options and Odoi can also cover there if needs be. I would like to see an upgrade on KMac as I actually think this position is even more important for our style than left back.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

General

I think we definitely need to aim for a CF, DM and LB.

Being greedy another RB, wing and LB

Necessary
CF, DM, LB

Another LB, RB  (which would be deemed a weak areas for opposition to exploit), and wing.

Statto

General: I reckon your analysis is broadly consistent with the general sentiment on here but Two LBs? Why? No chance of that!