watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how much?

Started by South Coast White, August 09, 2018, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Anyone have any idea what the real total spend has been on non loan players?

twang

This is pure guesswork as the figures vary from source to source but it should be something like this:

Seri and Le Marchand - £23m+£3,5m=£26,5m (A combined €30m from various international sources)
Fabri - £5,3m (€6m confirmed by Besiktas)
Mitrovic - £20-22m (the reports vary)
Mawson - £15m (most reports claim this, plus add-ons)
Bryan - £6m
Anguissa - £22,3m (€25m according to both BBC and Sky)

So somewhere between £95-97m shouldn't be way off the mark.

Statto

This is how I reckon that spending will look in the accounts, where each player's fee will be spread (treated as amortizing) over the term of his contract.

Obviously I've made some assumptions: I've used Twang's figures, and for the sake of the exercise assumed £1m loan fees for most loanees except Schurrle (still reckon we paid a fair bit for that one) and Fosu-Mensah (maybe a bit less). I've also assumed we're not carrying over any surplus/deficit from our maximum permitted losses in the last two seasons in the Championship.

Interesting things is you can see a c. £110m gross spend this summer could actually only show as £27m spend in the year's accounts. Perhaps even less if we offload Fonte and/or one or two others to European teams in the next few weeks.

IMO Tony Khan has done brilliantly to bring in all these "elite" (his terminology but I agree) players with the money available.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2018, 12:24:54 AM

This is how I reckon that spending will look in the accounts, where each player's fee will be spread (treated as amortizing) over the term of his contract.

Obviously I've made some assumptions: I've used Twang's figures, and for the sake of the exercise assumed £1m loan fees for most loanees except Schurrle (still reckon we paid a fair bit for that one) and Fosu-Mensah (maybe a bit less). I've also assumed we're not carrying over any surplus/deficit from our maximum permitted losses in the last two seasons in the Championship.

Interesting things is you can see a c. £110m gross spend this summer could actually only show as £27m spend in the year's accounts. Perhaps even less if we offload Fonte and/or one or two others to European teams in the next few weeks.

IMO Tony Khan has done brilliantly to bring in all these "elite" (his terminology but I agree) players with the money available.

I agree with your assessment on the work done by the recruitment team.
Even if the figures are not totally accurate this explains the situation very well!