more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (10/03/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 09, 2018, 12:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

FPL Dilemma – Ruben Neves vs Tom Cairney – Fantasy Football Tips

Fulham and Wolves were promoted to the top flight after impressive seasons in the championship. They are both very similar in the fact that they do not mess about, they attack and play very decent football.

A few stars are available in both teams, however there are two cheap £5.0m players in both squads that many fantasy managers are utilising. With that said, in this FPL Dilemma article we are comparing Ruben Neves and Tom Cairney.

Ruben Neves (Wolves, £5.0m)
Ruben Neves had a fantastic debut season for Wolves in the Championship. Many fans including myself couldn't believe that he had signed for a Championship club, as the talent he has was clear to everyone, especially at just 21 years old.

Typically a defensive midfielder, Neves is almost used as the anchor of the team, being so mature in his position and key to his team. Known for his long-range strikes and devastating passing ability, Neves bagged 6 goals and 1 assist in 42 appearances last season, which is not terrible for a defensive minded midfielder. One positive of Neves is that he does tend to take penalties for Wolves, however with the amount of quality players that they have brought in over the transfer window it cannot be certain that this will still be the case.

At £5.0m he could be a perfect potential 5th midfielder, enabling you to invest in the bigger players, but also giving you the ability to bring Neves into the team when required.

Tom Cairney (Fulham, £5.0m)
Tom Cairney has been a familiar face in previous transfer windows of premier league teams such as Newcastle United and West Ham.

The attacking midfielder is highly rated at Fulham and they have done well to hold on to him this summer. The 2018/19 campaign could be his year to shine in a particularly strong squad as Fulham have had a very impressive transfer window. Last season, Cairney made 33 appearances, scoring 6 goals and bagging 5 assists.

Also at £5.0m, Cairney has been in many drafts squads as a 5th midfielder just as Neves. That said, Cairney may possess more of an attacking threat.

The Verdict
It's a tough one, with both being cheap £5.0m options, that said I'd opt for Tom Cairney. Simply because they are both the same price but Cairney is the most forward of the two, which often provides more points. However, keep an eye on Neves as he is a remarkable talent.

Written by James Milburn (@jamesmilburn95)

http://fplupdates.com/exclusive-articles/fpl-dilemma-ruben-neves-vs-tom-cairney/

WhiteJC

Fulham break record with £30m Anguissa transfer on frantic last day
• Fosu-Mensah and Vietto loan deals sealed after 5pm deadline
• Sergio Rico and Joe Bryan also arrive at promoted club

The arrival of André-Frank Zambo Anguissa took Fulham's summer spending over £100m on their return to the Premier League. Photograph: Fabrice Coffrini/AFP/Getty Images

On a frantic last day of business Fulham broke their transfer record with the purchase of Marseille's André Franck Zambo Anguissa, a deal which took their summer spending over £100m on their return to the Premier League.

Fulham confirmed the arrival of Anguissa for around £30m having been granted permission by the Premier League to complete the formalities of the move after the 5pm cutoff.

The 22-year-old Cameroon international had undertaken a medical in the south of France earlier in the day. The defensive midfielder agreed a four‑year deal worth £67,000 a week.

Fulham had sought similar extra time to secure the loansignings of Timothy Fosu-Mensah, a versatile defender who spent last season at Crystal Palace, and Luciano Vietto from Manchester United and Atlético Madrid respectively. Vietto, an Argentinian striker, had cost Atlético £14m in the summer of 2015 but will now provide competition for Aleksandar Mitrovic. He has spent time on loan at Sevilla and Valencia in recent years. Deals for Sergio Rico and Joe Bryan were completed before the cut-off.

Chelsea had considered Rico, 24, as a replacement for Thibaut Courtois, after the Spain international fell out of favour at Sevilla. "Sergio is a world-class goalkeeper, and his services have been in great demand," the Fulham's director of football operations, Tony Khan, said. "Sergio answers our mandate of making our squad the strongest and deepest it can be as we face top Premier League opposition."

Bryan arrived from Bristol City having pulled out of a prospective transfer to Aston Villa on Wednesday evening. The left-back cost £6m and has signed a four-year deal, with an option for a further season. "Fulham's style of play has really stood out to me and it will suit me," the 24-year-old said. "The opportunity to play in the Premier League is one you can't turn down as you may never get it again in your lifetime."

Jean Michael Seri, André Schürrle, Calum Chambers, Alfie Mawson, Maxime le Marchand and Fabri had joined earlier in the summer. Slavisa Jokanovic's side are at home to Palace, coached by the former Fulham manager Roy Hodgson, on Saturday.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/09/fulham-andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-timothy-fosu-mensah-luciano-vietto

WhiteJC

Schurrle and Mitrovic to start: Strongest 4-3-3 Fulham XI to face Crystal Palace

Predicted Fulham XI to face Crystal Palace: Who should start for the Cottagers?

Fulham welcome Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage for their opening match of the season, having returned to the English top-flight after four years.

Schurrle and Mitrovic to start: Strongest 4-3-3 Fulham XI to face Crystal Palace
Edward Kihara August 10, 2018 Schurrle and Mitrovic to start: Strongest 4-3-3 Fulham XI to face Crystal Palace2018-08-09T23:32:00+00:00 Crystal Palace, Fulham, NewsNow, Opinions, Post, Premier League No Comment

Slavisa Jokanovic
Predicted Fulham XI to face Crystal Palace: Who should start for the Cottagers?

Fulham welcome Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage for their opening match of the season, having returned to the English top-flight after four years.

Fulham have had a decent summer. Ahead of the transfer deadline, manager Slavisa Jokanovic has made a number of signings. Jean-Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand have joined from Nice. In addition, the Cottagers have also wrapped up deals for Fabri, Andre Schurrle (on loan), Aleksandar Mitrovic, Alfie Mawson and Calum Chambers (on loan).

Fulham have lost three of their six pre-season friendlies, winning just once. Nevertheless, the club must now focus on the Premier League and below is how Fulham could line up against Crystal Palace.
Predicted Fulham XI
Formation: 4-3-3
Manager: Slavisa Jokanovic

Fabri (GK)
After an impressive season in the Championship, Marcus Bettinelli was Fulham's No.1, heading into the new season. However, the club had to sign Fabri following Bettinelli's injury in pre-season. Hence, the experienced keeper should find himself between the sticks against Palace.

Cyrus Christie (RB)
Ryan Fredericks' departure earlier this summer and Denis Odoi's suspension means January signing Christie should get the nod to start at right-back.

Calum Chambers (CB)
Chambers must work towards establishing himself as Tim Ream's partner in the Cottagers' defence, as fellow summer arrival Alfie Mawson is recovering from a knee injury. Mawson may not feature for his new side until September and the England U21 international should grab his chance to impress.

Tim Ream (CB)
Ream was brilliant for Fulham last season and should certainly start at centre-back against Roy Hodgson's Palace.

Ryan Sessegnon (LB)
The Fulham wonder kid prefers playing further up the pitch, operating as a winger. Regardless, he might feature at left-back with Schurrle in the picture.

Kevin McDonald (CDM)
Kevin McDonald should continue in his anchor role for Fulham this season. He worked admirably for the Londoners in the previous campaign, providing the back four with adequate cover and support.

Tom Cairney (CM)
Tom Cairney is Fulham's talisman and captain. He should play in the central midfield area against Palace and grasp his chance to shine in the Premier League.

Jean-Michael Seri (CM)
Seri must replace Stefan Johansen in the midfield for the opening game. The former Nice man is a solid box-to-box midfielder and he must Fulham's defence to their attack. His vision and passing range should cause a lot of problems for the opposition.

Aboubakar Kamara (RW)
The Frenchman is one of Fulham's trusted lieutenants since joining last summer. Kamara could operate out on the right against Palace, with Schurrle holding the left-hand side.

Andre Schurrle (LW)
Schurrle has a lot of experience both in the Premier League and at an international level. He should start on the left but he might swap positions with Kamara during the game, adding a sense of unpredictability to Fulham's attack.

Aleksandar Mitrovic (CF)
The 23-year-old should certainly lead the line for Fulham's opening day this season. Mitrovic's hold-up play is vital for the way Fulham play and his presence in the opposition box could see him scoring goals.

http://www.mediareferee.com/2018/08/10/schurrle-and-mitrovic-to-start-strongest-4-3-3-fulham-xi-to-face-crystal-palace/

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fosu-Mensah joins Fulham on loan

Manchester United defender Tim Fosu-Mensah has completed a deadline-day move to Fulham on a season-long loan.

The 20-year-old will spend the 2018/19 campaign with the newly-promoted Cottagers, who beat Aston Villa 1-0 in the Championship play-off final at Wembley last season.

The move comes on the back of the versatile youngster impressing during pre-season for the Reds, as he appeared in all five of United's Tour 2018 games in the United States and was a second-half substitute against Bayern Munich last weekend.

It will represent a second successive season out on loan for the Netherlands international, who made 24 appearances in all competitions and caught the eye during his spell at fellow Premier League side Crystal Palace last term.

With the club's pre-season commitments fulfilled, Fosu-Mensah has been allowed to leave on a temporary basis again in order to obtain regular first-team football.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-united-defender-tim-fosu-mensah-joins-fulham-on-loan

WhiteJC

Fosu-Mensah completes Fulham loan move

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah on a season-long loan deal.

The versatile 20 year-old defender, who can operate as a right back, in the centre of defence or in central midfield, has arrived from Old Trafford to gain more Premier League experience following his loan spell at Crystal Palace last season. The Dutch international made 24 appearances for the Eagles as Roy Hodgson's side comfortably avoided the drop – and he could be considered to start against the south London outfit in Fulham's first game of the season at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Fosu-Mensah remains highly rated at United, whom he joined from the Ajax academy at the age of sixteen, and he has made 21 senior appearances for the Red Devils. He told Fulham's official website this evening of his delight at finalising his latest loan switch:

I have a good feeling about the Club. It has a nice history, it's a nice Club. Fulham has a lot of good players, and it's good for my development to be here. I spoke to the Manager and he gave me a good feeling. I'm happy to be here and I want to keep progressing.

Fulham's vice chairman and head of football operations, Tony Khan, commented:

I'm pleased to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United. Timothy is a gifted young defender who excels at multiple positions, and his addition will further reinforce a strong and promising squad that we have assembled to compete in the Premier League.

Fosu-Mensah's arrival will boost Slavisa Jokanovic's defensive options ahead of the new campaign. He is unlikely to start ahead of Calum Chambers and Tim Ream at the heart of the defence, but provides an experienced alternative to Irish international Cyrus Christie at right back.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/08/fosu-mensah-completes-fulham-loan-move/

WhiteJC

The Club is delighted to confirm the loan signing of Timothy Fosu-Mensah from Manchester United.

A Netherlands international right-back who can also operate centrally or in defensive midfield, 20-year-old Fosu-Mensah will remain at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2018/19 campaign.

Born in Amsterdam, Fosu-Mensah joined the acclaimed Ajax academy at a young age before switching to United's youth setup in the summer of 2014.

His debut for the Red Devils came shortly after his 18th birthday in a 3-2 win over Arsenal in the Premier League, and he ended the season with 10 first team appearances for Louis van Gaal's side.

Fosu-Mensah continued to feature under van Gaal's successor Jose Mourinho, playing in 11 matches (nine wins and two draws), as well as sampling European football for the first time in 2016/17.

He progressed further last season with a season-long loan at Crystal Palace. Despite being brought in by his compatriot Frank de Boer, he went on to impress Roy Hodgson following his appointment, and ended the campaign with 24 appearances to his name as the Eagles finished 11th.

Highly regarded throughout the Netherlands setup, Fosu-Mensah was capped more than 30 times up to Under-21 level, before being handed his senior bow against France a year ago.

After his loan deal was confirmed, Fosu-Mensah told fulhamfc.com: "I have a good feeling about the Club. It has a nice history, it's a nice Club.

"Fulham has a lot of good players, and it's good for my development to be here. I spoke to the Manager and he gave me a good feeling.

"I'm happy to be here and I want to keep progressing."

Tony Khan added: "I'm pleased to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United.

"Timothy is a gifted young defender who excels at multiple positions, and his addition will further reinforce a strong and promising squad that we have assembled to compete in the Premier League. Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/09/timothy-fosu-mensah-arrives-on-loan

WhiteJC

Games for the weekend 11/08
Fulham are back in the Premier League!

For our first game of the season we welcome Roy Hodgson and Ray Lewington back to Craven Cottage with his Crystal Palace team.

In a nice bit of symmetry our last Premiership game, 4 seasons ago, was against Palace, funny how this turn out sometimes?

So after the excitement of the, so frustrating at times having to wait for some of the deals to crawl over the line, transfer window we now get to see the 'new look' Fulham in action in a game that really matters.

What a transfer window we've had starting with Seri and Le Marchand, both from Nice, showed the calibre of player(s) we were targeting, Seri especially surprised many having been previously linked with a host of top European sides.
Fabri arrived next from Besiktas were he was a firm fans favourite making eleven appearances in the Champions League, and six in the Europa League, while he was also voted as the best goalkeeper in the Super Lig for the last two years in a row.
Mitro arrived after what seemed like an interminable wait, didn't we all think he'd be the first through the door? But I guess dealing with Newcastle Utd was never going to straight forward was it?
Mawson, another protracted signing?, his medical seemingly was never ending, but he's here now and once fully fit (September?) and 'match sharp' I'm sure will prove to be a fantastic signing for the Whites!
Schürrle came in on a two year loan, a World Cup winner with Germany in 2014, he played in six of Germany's seven matches, famously scoring twice in the 7-1 thrashing of Brazil in the Semi-Final.

It'll be interesting to see how well Seri, Schürrle, Mitrović, Sessegnon and Cairney work/link with each other, I can't wait.

On transfer deadline day we manage to secure a number of deals, Sergio Rico, Joe Bryan, Andre Zambo Anguish, Luciano Vietto and Timothy Fosu-Mensah. (at time of writing only the Rico & Bryan deals have been confirmed on the club website)
If any of these will be ready for Saturday remains to be seen?

With Odoi banned for this game and the next game, following his red card at the play-off final, the back four should also be interesting, will they line-up as for the friendly against Celta Vigo? Christie, Ream, Le Marchand, R. Sessegnon or will Slaviša go with a different line-up? will he include Calum Chambers having joined so recently and perhaps allow Ryan to play further up-field? or will Joe Bryan and Tosu-Mensah get a run out?

Also will Betts, Fabri or Sergio Rico get the shout as goalie, according to some reports Bettinelli has been carrying an injury for most of the closed season?

COYWs

GAMES OF INTEREST...

Friday 10th
Man Utd v Leicester

Saturday 11th
Newcastle v Spurs
Bournemouth V Cardiff
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Wolves v Everton

Sunday 12th
Southampton v Burnley
Arsenal v Man City

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=290

WhiteJC

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of André-Frank Zambo Anguissa for an undisclosed fee from Olympique de Marseille.

The 22-year-old midfielder has penned a five-year-deal with Fulham, subject to a work permit being granted.

An imposing defensive midfield player, Anguissa spent his youth with Cotonsport in his native Cameroon and Stade de Reims, before moving to Marseille in the summer of 2015.

He quickly made his debut as a 19-year-old in the Europa League, playing the full 90 minutes as Marseille won 3-0 at FC Groningen.

Anguissa clocked up a further 11 appearances in 2015/16, and truly established himself the following term, featuring 35 times.

Last season was a very prosperous one for Marseille. In addition to finishing fourth, just one point off the Champions League places, they reached the Europa League Final. Anguissa played the full 90 minutes but Atletico Madrid proved to be too strong and claimed a 3-0 win.

He departs Marseille having made 106 appearances for the club.

Having made his debut for the full Cameroon side in March 2017, Anguissa was called up for their Confederations Cup squad that summer, playing practically every minute of the campaign and scoring in a 1-1 draw with Australia.

Anguissa said: "I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to.

"I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the Club, and the supporters."

Tony Khan said: "I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed André Zambo Anguissa. André's tremendous data profile, his glowing scouting reports, and his sterling reputation confirm his world class talent.

"Throughout this summer, we've pursued elite players on whom we believed we could rely to deliver the quality required to challenge the great competition we'll face in the Premier League, and thus, Andre has been one of our top targets.

"We are very excited that he's joining the Club! Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/09/andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-joins-fulham

WhiteJC

Fosu-Mensah leaves Manchester United for Fulham

Timothy Fosu-Mensah has left Manchester United on deadline day to sign for Fulham on a season-long loan deal.

The versatile defender spent last season with Crystal Palace but went into pre-season hoping to convince Jose Mourinho to keep him in Manchester this season.

However, with his first-team chances looking bleak, Fosu-Mensah has decided on another loan deal, this time with Premier League new boys Fulham.

The 20-year-old is Fulham's eleventh signing of the summer after Jean Michaël Seri, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Alfie Mawson, Fabri, Maxime Le Marchand, Joe Bryan, André Schürrle, Luciano Vietto, Sergio Rico and Calum Chambers.

http://www.football-oranje.com/fosu-mensah-leaves-manchester-united-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace Tickets

A limited number of tickets remain available for this Saturday's season opener at Craven Cottage.

The Whites begin life back in the Premier League against Roy Hodgson's Crystal Palace and with kick-off at 3pm, you can be there to watch all the action unfold!

Tickets are available to Season Ticket Holders, Members and supporters with a Booking History (up to four tickets each), with prices starting from £35 juniors and £50 adults,

Get behind Slaviša Jokanović and the side for the season opener - secure your seats today online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/09/crystal-palace-tickets

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Man United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah on season-long loan

Fulham sealed a late loan move for 20-year-old Timothy Fosu-Mensah on Deadline Day

Fulham completed their fourth Deadline Day deal by bringing in Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah on a season-long loan.

The Cottagers pushed through a deal for the 20-year-old before the extended 7pm deadline on Thursday.

Fosu-Mensah joins Joe Bryan, Luciano Vietto and Sergio Rico in moving to Craven Cottage on Deadline Day, with the Premier League newcomers also agreeing to sign Marseille midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa for £22.3m.

"I have a good feeling about the club. It has a nice history, it's a nice club," Fosu-Mensah told the club's website.

"Fulham has a lot of good players, and it's good for my development to be here. I spoke to the Manager and he gave me a good feeling. I'm happy to be here and I want to keep progressing."

Fosu-Mensah has featured prominently in pre-season for the Red Devils, who face Leicester in their opening game of the season on Friday, live on Sky Sports Main Event.

The Dutchman spent last season on loan at Crystal Palace, where he made 21 appearances in all competitions.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has made a number of key signings this summer after guiding the club back to the top-flight.

Jean Michael Seri, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Alfie Mawson have all arrived for significant fees, while Andre Schurrle and Calum Chambers have also joined the Cottagers on loan.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11467227/fulham-sign-man-united-defender-timothy-fosu-mensah-on-season-long-loan

WhiteJC

Fulham seal loans for Man United's Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Sevilla's Sergio Rico, Atletico's Luciano Vietto

Fulham have completed a triple loan move to land Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Sevilla goalkeeper Sergio Rico and Atletico Madrid striker Luciano Vietto on transfer deadline day.

In addition to the loans, Fulham capped off their busy deadline day with permanent moves for 22-year-old midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa from Marseille in a reported £22.3 million deal, and for left-back Joe Bryan from Bristol City in a deal reportedly worth about £6 million.

Fosu-Mensah, 20, signed a season-long loan deal at Craven Cottage after spending the last campaign at Crystal Palace. Newly promoted Fulham beat competition from Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin for his services, sources told ESPN FC.

The Netherlands international, who has made 21 senior appearances for United since his debut under Louis van Gaal in 2016, played 24 games for Palace last season.

"A good loan is a loan to play," Mourinho told MUTV on Thursday morning. "They just have to play -- it doesn't matter if that team plays to be promoted, plays to not be relegated, plays in England, plays outside England -- they have to play and that's the most important thing, because for playing bits, playing minutes, to be on the bench, to be a squad player, they can be here."

Rico, 24, won the Europa League twice with Sevilla and made over La Liga 100 starts for the Spanish club.

Fulham have already signed goalkeeper Fabricio from Besiktas, but the 24-year-old Rico will arguably have the inside track on being their No. 1 this season.

"I'm very happy, really pleased to have signed for the oldest club in the Premier League," Rico told the club website. "I'm excited to start training, to meet all my teammates and, above all, to enjoy the season that starts this Saturday."

Argentine striker Vietto, also 24, has struggled at Atletico since his €20 million move from Villarreal in 2015, scoring just one La Liga goal in 25 games with similarly disappointing spells loan at Sevilla (six goals in 21 league games) and Valencia (two in 14).

He did manage a hat trick against Las Palmas in the Copa del Rey in January, and now will be seeking more consistent form as he moves to London.

"Luciano is a versatile young attacking player, and he has already gained great experience against elite competition in La Liga," director Tony Khan said.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3590559/fulham-seal-loans-for-timothy-fosu-mensah-sergio-rico-and-luciano-vietto

WhiteJC

Fulham made signing Bryan look easy

OPINION

Fulham made signing Joe Bryan from Bristol City look easy whereas when Newcastle United were pursuing the defender it looked like hard work.

The Premier League new boys confirmed via their website that they had successfully signed the speedy left-back on Transfer Deadline Day after hijacking his move to Aston Villa just the day before.

The Independent reported that Bryan was all set to complete a £6million move to the Championship side but then Fulham rang offering him a better deal and Premier League football.

This caused the left-sided flyer to completely change his mind about joining the Villans and swiftly rush through a move to the Cottagers in order to get a deal done.

The Cottagers successfully got a deal over the line despite only seemingly making their first move for a mere 24-hours before.

It made signing Bryan look like an incredible easy task and the Magpies' pursuit of the defender earlier in the window seem to drag on before amounting to nothing, making Rafa Benitez's side failure to get him even worse.

The Chronicle Live Transfer Blog on Monday July 23 (18:39) shared that the Magpies were keen to recruit Bryan with the player eager to join if a deal was possible.

However the same updated shared that as the Magpies were restricted to wheeling and dealing in order to get business done then an offer hadn't at that time been submitted for his services.

Given that the Independent's report shares that Bristol City were letting the very talented Bryan go for just £6million then it makes the Magpies failure to get a deal done even more disappointing.

Benitez's side appeared to be one of the first Premier League teams in for Bryan and could easily have wrapped up a deal that would have improved their squad for bargain price.

Yet instead the Magpies made it look difficult to pursue Bryan and ended not getting their man.

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2018/08/blogs/fulham-made-signing-bryan-look-easy/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign £30m Anguissa from Marseille

The Cottagers have added the highly-rated Cameroon international just before the close of the transfer window

Fulham have completed a deadline-day swoop for Marseille defensive midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

The 22-year-old joins the Cottagers for a reported fee of £30 million (€33m/$39m) and signs a five-year deal.

Anguissa has emerged as one of the top holding midfielders in Ligue 1 since joining Marseille from Stade De Reims in 2015.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/fulham-sign-30m-anguissa-from-marseille/ekds8s9zxdas1vfss56ljmc49

WhiteJC

Fulham take spending beyond £100m with a quintet of deadline day signings

Done deals | Jokanovic's squad has five new additions ( AFP/Getty Images )

Fulham have announced a host of significant new signings made on transfer day as the number of new arrivals at Craven Cottage this summer hits double figures, at a cost of over £100million.

Spanish international goalkeeper Sergio Rico was the first to be confirmed, arriving on a season-long loan from Sevilla, and he was soon followed by several other new additions.

A £22million deal for Marseille midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa soon followed whilst Slavisa Jokanovic's defence was supplemented with the signings of Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United and Joe Bryan, who joined from Bristol City in a £6m deal.

As Standard Sport had reported earlier on deadline day, Luciano Vietto also joined from Atletico Madrid on loan. The deals for Vietto, Fosu-Mesnah and Anguissa all required Fulham to rush through moves after the 5pm deadline, agreeing deal sheets and making use of the additional two hours the Premier League allows clubs to formalise transfers.

"I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today," said Anguissa. "This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to.

"I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the Club, and the supporters."

Anguissa had undergone a medical in the south of France earlier today and has signed a four-year deal. The 22-year-old Cameroon international is expected to provide competition for Kevin McDonald for the role at the base of head coach Slavisa Jokanovic's 4-3-3.

Similarly the arrival of Vietto, highly-rated in his youth, means Aleksandar Mitrovic will have competition for the central striking role and Jokanovic the glut of options he has demanded of the club.

Fosu-Mensah, who will rival Cyrus Christie as a right-back but can also play across the defensive line, said of his move: "I have a good feeling about the club. It has a nice history, it's a nice club.

Versatile defender Fosu-Mensah spent last season on loan at Crystal Palace (AFP/Getty Images)

"Fulham has a lot of good players, and it's good for my development to be here. I'm happy to be here and I want to keep progressing."

Prior to deadline day Fulham had scarcely been slouches in the market, with Jean-Michael Seri's arrival from Nice, a £20million deal for Newcastle striker Mitrovic and the season-long loan of Calum Chambers from Arsenal among the most notable additions.

A total of 12 deals have taken Fulham's summer expenditure over £100m, the first time a newly-promoted club has ever invested a nine-figure sum in their playing squad.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-take-spending-beyond-100m-with-a-quintet-of-deadline-day-signings-a3907946.html

WhiteJC

Fulham announce audacious Anguissa capture

Fulham have completed an audacious deal to sign Cameron international André Frank Zambo Anguissa which could be worth as much as £27m. The transfer remains dependent on the midfielder being granted a work permit.

The deal to sign the powerful defensive midfielder, who has enjoyed two stellar years in the south of France since being signed from Reims' second string, looked liable to collapse twice earlier this afternoon – firstly, over a dispute about solidarity payments to the midfielder's former clubs and then when West Ham attempted to try and tempt Anguissa to east London.

According to reports in the French press this evening, Anguissa had his medical in Marseille – watched by Fulham employees – and the clubs had to apply for an extension as protracted negotiations over the structure of the deal dragged on. Anguissa established himself as a key member of the Marseille side that reached last season's Europa League final with a number of composed displays as a deep-lying midfielder, but the French club successfully managed to double Fulham's opening bid of around £14m.

Anguissa leaves Marseille having made 104 appearances in three seasons and fits Slavisa Jokanovic's mould of a strong defensively minded midfielder – the type of signing he was calling for in the aftermath of the Whites' final pre-season friendly against Celta Vigo. Fulham have now broken their club transfer record for the second type in a month after signing Ivorian international Jean-Michael Seri from Nice earlier this summer.

Anguissa, who has won eleven senior international caps for Cameroon, has put pen to paper on a five-year contract. He told Fulham's official website tonight:

I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to. I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the Club, and the supporters.

Fulham's head of football operations, Tony Khan, also added:

I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed André Zambo Anguissa. André's tremendous data profile, his glowing scouting reports, and his sterling reputation confirm his world class talent. Throughout this summer, we've pursued elite players on whom we believed we could rely to deliver the quality required to challenge the great competition we'll face in the Premier League, and thus, Andre has been one of our top targets.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/08/fulham-announce-audacious-anguissa-capture/

WhiteJC

Fulham make another statement signing with new £30m midfielder

Fulham have announced the arrival of Marseille midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa on a five-year deal running until 2023.

The Cottagers have reportedly agreed to pay in the region of £30m to sign the 22-year-old from French giants Marseille, which would him the club's most expensive signing of all-time.

Fulham smashed their transfer record to land Chelsea target Jean Seri from Fulham earlier in the window in a £27m deal, but have surpassed that to capture Anguissa, subject to being granted a work permit.

"I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today," he told the club's official website. "This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to.

"I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the club, and the supporters.

After two seasons on the fringes, the 22-year-old broke into the Marseille first-team last season and ended the campaign as a key man for the French giants.

Anguissa made 2.7 interceptions per 90 in France's top-tier last term to reinforce a statistically calculated WhoScored strength of 'ball interception'.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/FPPg44-NBk2fhE_a7HhJEg/Show/Fulham-make-another-statement-signing-with-new-30m-midfielder

WhiteJC

Who is Fulham's new £27m record signing Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa?

An in-depth look at the Whites' newest signing

Fulham have broken their transfer record once again.

It is the third time in this transfer window that the Whites have broken their transfer record.

First Fulham broke their transfer record for Jean-Michael Seri, then it was Aleksandar Mitrovic. Now they have broken it once again with the £30million signing of Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

But who is he?

Anguissa is a defensive midfielder and has joined Fulham from French Ligue Un side Marseille.

He is a 22-year-old who started out his career at Stade Reims, moving to Marseille in 2015.

Anguissa has been a first team regular at Marseille for the past two seasons, making more than 70 appearances for the south French side, featuring in the Europa League final against Atletico Madrid last season.

Marseille's midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Image: JEFF PACHOUD/AFP/Getty Images)

Get French Football's Nathan Styles described him as a "box-to-box style midfielder who excels in breaking up play and starting attacks".

He added: "He's quick in the challenge, able to apply a high press and get stuck in while also combining great close-ball control with a range of passing that allows him to be a kind of jack-of-all-trades that you need in the middle of the park."

However, he was at fault during that Europa League final for the opening goal, failing to control a pass out from goalkeeper Steve Mandanda and the ball was nicked off him for Atletico to score.

The Spanish side went on to win the game 3-0 and Marseille boss Rudi Garcia defended his defensive midfielder after the game.

Marseille's French midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Image: PASCAL GUYOT/AFP/Getty Images)

He said: "Mistakes, everyone does. Me, the players, the staff, you. It's not that important. The important thing is not to reproduce them, learn from them and know how to digest them."

Anguissa has acted as the centrepiece of the Marseille side in the past season, but he is not the finished article.

The midfielder himself believes there is room for improvement, and he will now do that at Craven Cottage.

He said in March: "I still have a long way to go."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/who-fulhams-new-27m-record-15011416

WhiteJC

Versatile young United defender joins Fulham on season-long loan
The Netherlands international will spend a second consecutive season with a London side on loan.

MANCHESTER UNITED DEFENDER Timothy Fosu-Mensah has joined Fulham on season-long loan.

Fosu-Mensah featured in the pre-season for the Red Devils, but has now moved to the Premier League newcomers for the 2018/19 season.

The 20-year-old spent last season on loan at Crystal Palace, where he made 21 appearances in all competitions.

And the Netherlands international is now set to remain in London, with the Cottagers adding another name to their large list of summer reinforcements.

Speaking about his switch to Fulham, Fosu-Mensah told the club's website: "I have a good feeling about the Club. It has a nice history, it's a nice Club.

"Fulham has a lot of good players, and it's good for my development to be here. I spoke to the Manager and he gave me a good feeling.

"I'm happy to be here and I want to keep progressing."

Director of football Tony Khan added: "I'm pleased to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United.

"Timothy is a gifted young defender who excels at multiple positions, and his addition will further reinforce a strong and promising squad that we have assembled to compete in the Premier League."

Ahead of their return to the Premier League, Fulham have signed Jean-Michael Seri, Maxime Le Marchand, Alfie Mawson, Fabri, Joe Bryan and Aleksandar Mitrovic on permanent transfers.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side have also captured Andre Schurrle, Calum Chambers, Luciano Vietto and Sergio Rico on loan deals.

Fosu-Mensah made his Man Utd debut during the 2015-16 campaign, and has two years remaining on his contract with the Old Trafford side.

- Omni

http://www.the42.ie/timoth-fosu-mensah-4172967-Aug2018/

WhiteJC

Fulham seal £22.3m signing of Anguissa

Fulham have completed the signing of midfielder André Zambo Anguissa from Marseille for £22.3m.

The Cameroon international, 22, has signed a five-year contract Craven Cottage.

"I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to," he told the club website.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-midfielder-deal-0908181