watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another broken leg and unpunished

Started by epsomraver, October 03, 2010, 01:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Citee  v Newcastle game, Arfa, has there been a change in attitudes? are managers under so much pressure they are telling the players to get stuck in harder?

os5889

Introducing this years stylish new must have injury, replacing previous fads the metatarsal and the cruciate ligament.....The broken leg!

os5889

Quote from: epsomraver on October 03, 2010, 01:52:07 PM
Citee  v Newcastle game, Arfa, has there been a change in attitudes? are managers under so much pressure they are telling the players to get stuck in harder?

It was a hard tackle, yet again another unfortunate outcome! Not enough milk in the modern days players diets??

SoCalJoe

De Jong is an embarrassment. He's a total cheap shot artist and this year alone he broke Stuart Holden's leg (he's now working on a hat trick that matches his capabilities) in a Friendly, was the dirtiest of that Orange bunch (and that's saying a lot) at the WC, and now this.  :red:
You can observe a lot by just watching.

epsomraver

He swept Arfa's standing leg as he touched the ball  Ref deemed he got the ball and didn't see the sweep, another argument for video evidence

Scrumpy

I am all for a bit of physicality in the game, but this is getting ridiculous! People (and Clubs) pay fortunes to see the skillfull ball players; the players that can run round other players and do something amazing. At this rate, they will all be sitting in the treatment rooms taking their massive pay-packets and ringing their talented mates to tell them not to even consider a move to The Prem.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

mccscratch

Looks like he has been punished after all...left out of the Dutch squad because of the tackle... GOOD!
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

fulhamwannabe

gutted for poor old hatem,just as he started gaining confidence,what a bummer for the toon army  :033:

alfie

Essien's tackle on Diaby on Sunday could have resulted in a very serious injury, was it meant or just mistimed, it is difficult sometimes for the ref to make a split second judgement, well apart from Carl Henry the contempt on the ref's face was a picture, and Henry was still asking what he had done wrong, amazing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mccscratch

Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2010, 07:55:51 PM
Essien's tackle on Diaby on Sunday could have resulted in a very serious injury, was it meant or just mistimed, it is difficult sometimes for the ref to make a split second judgement, well apart from Carl Henry the contempt on the ref's face was a picture, and Henry was still asking what he had done wrong, amazing.

To me...unfortunately you have to pre profile the players as a ref and when a player goes off injured it is likely not a coincidence... everyone knows De Jong is a hard man, just like they know Mark van Bommel plays rugby on the pitch most of the time...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

finnster01

Quote from: mccscratch on October 04, 2010, 08:03:45 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2010, 07:55:51 PM

To me...unfortunately you have to pre profile the players as a ref and when a player goes off injured it is likely not a coincidence... everyone knows De Jong is a hard man, just like they know Mark van Bommel plays rugby on the pitch most of the time...
Obviously they didn't show that memo to the ref before Karl Henry assaulted Bobby Zamora
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fernhurst

Quote from: epsomraver on October 03, 2010, 01:52:07 PM
Citee  v Newcastle game, Arfa, has there been a change in attitudes? are managers under so much pressure they are telling the players to get stuck in harder?

Most definitely Epsom ----- the pressure is such and the rewards so high we now have the battle of the bruisers!!!! McCarthy Alladyce and Pullis.... the terrible trio ---- put them together in a cage and let them sort each other out!

It is sad when good judges of football say this team overpowered the other --- Arsenal are unfortunately often on the receiving end. Essien and De Jong are more important players than Joe Cole and Adam Johnson..... don't quite know why I am so anti these days ---- just seems so utterly wrong when we lose lads like Bobby Z, Eduardo, Ben Arfa etc to these thugs.

HatterDon

I take issue with putting Essien in the same group as Henry and DeJong. Essien is a footballer, the other two are not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2010, 09:33:06 PM
I take issue with putting Essien in the same group as Henry and DeJong. Essien is a footballer, the other two are not.

Well HD issue noted, but Essien does have a bit of a rep for dodgy tackles and this one on Diaby could easily have ended up with broken ankle, don't care if he is a footballer or not.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't