News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hands up if we thought Shahid Khan wasn't going to support us?

Started by davew, August 09, 2018, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Andy S on August 10, 2018, 02:01:06 AM
Now you wouldn't put me down as a moaner but although everyone is happy at the moment everything is not fine and dandy and there is still plenty to moan about. For one How much we will all be fleeced for a season ticket next season. The price of food in the ground. There will always be a need for discussion and the people who look at things from a different angle are not wrong. In fact they can be inspiring and interesting
agree with this post 100%
This could be the price,so I am going to enjoy my last season being able to afford to watch the whites.coyw

colinwhite

Statto ,you missed out a third and fourth groups of supporters !The conspiracy theorists, and the sensible balanced group who DONT  jump to conclusions too quickly !!
We now seem to have a club which is being extremely well run by people who are ambitious, but sensible and that have shown they can learn from their mistakes. Tony and Shahid Khan look to me like they have been firmly bitten by the Fulham bug , and they deserve an enormous amount of credit which lots of fans in frustration over a number of issues have not been able to see. Actions speak louder than words ,so in my view there can be little doubt that they care, without just throwing money at it, and have now got in the right people to move the club forward.

For this they deserve a hige amount of respect and gratitude .

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on August 09, 2018, 09:49:12 PM
Even the most negative poster on here (which isn't me by a long chalk) must agree that this window shows intent.
For sure it shows intent, an intent I have always said (under my breath usually because of comments about negativity) 'When Christmas comes the Khans will get better at this game of recruitment'.  For what seems like forever they didn't get better and often it felt like they were going backwards.  Winning promotion was an opportunity not to be missed and I am happy to see 'intent' rather than 'ambition' being used as an appropriate description of the Khans business.  Now the hard work for Jokanovic and his team begins to get these individuals working as a team.  I really do hope there are no 'egos' to be smoothed over, no 'mercenaries' waiting to demonstrate what a fruitful place for their natures the PL is, and no slackers who only play when it suits them. 

I'll be patient about seeing this team develop because it may take a handful of games before things start to click properly unless all the new recruits attended the same learning environment as Targett and Mitro.  But at least these recruits appear to give FFC every chance of ruffling more than a few feathers in the PL this season.  We shall see and I'll be paying a lot of attention to detail on Saturday to get a feel for where the Club is at. 

SG

There is nothing wrong with criticism when it is fully justified as was the case in the first few years of the Chairmans tenure. FFC is the longest running constant in my life so I care what happens to it above almost everything apart from my family. Mistakes were made which cost him and the club dearly. It is evident that they have learned from these. At the first opportunity of being freed from the tight EFL FFP constraints they have invested heavily. They said we don't just want to make up the numbers and have put their money where their mouth is. They are most certainly to be loudly applauded for that but we shouldn't forget the debacle of the first couple of years.
In the past I have questioned their motives but now I believe they want to make this venture a success because they are successful people and don't want to have a failure recorded against themselves.
For the record I also criticised Joka earlier in the previous season stating I didn't feel he was getting the best out of the resources he had available to him. With hindsight I think subsequent results demonstrated the accuracy of that statement. Was it criticism or simply an observation from an interested party. Either way the manager did ultimately get the best out of the players and gave me probably the best day of my life on 26th May.
We are going to need to be patient for the first couple of months whilst these players morph into a well drilled unit. I believe we now have the team both pitchside and behind the scenes to take this club forward. I was frustrated how we failed to build upon the Europa League run and consolidate the club into a top half premier league team. I believe this could be within our reach once more.
049:gif