more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How quick can we click

Started by Barrett487, August 10, 2018, 03:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Wow, what a window.

Over £100 mill, but many late on.................

Where in the fixture list will we see a difference?

I want to see Bryan start tomorrow, and Chambers has to start. Seri has had a couple of outings so should start....... but don't expect the others to start necessarily...maybe Schurrle.

We need a good start, but will we cope with Zaha?

Not a moan, but a question

Barrett487

Slavisa Jokanovic secured promotion through the play-offs but, unlike many in his situation, is aiming higher than survival

Guardian writers' predicted position: 15th (NB: this is not necessarily Barry Glendenning's prediction but the average of our writers' tips)

Last season's position: N/A

Odds to win the league (via Oddschecker): 1,000-1

Promotion to the Premier League could scarcely have been further from the minds of the Fulham fans who made the journey to Bramall Lane on a dreary Tuesday towards the end of November last year. Fulham, winless in five matches, were in the bottom third of the table.

Yet that night Fulham beat Sheffield United by the odd goal of nine in an epic encounter that got their Championship campaign on track. Two wins and two defeats later they embarked on a remarkable 23-match unbeaten run that ended on the last day of the season at struggling Birmingham, leaving their supporters on tenterhooks and fearing the worst. The surprise defeat consigned them to the play-offs which they went on to navigate, beating Aston Villa at Wembley far more comfortably than the 1-0 scoreline suggests.

Only 17 years old but already making his 50th appearance for Fulham that night in Sheffield, Ryan Sessegnon scored a hat-trick and his run of form prompted many observers to identify him as a potential wild card for England's World Cup squad in Russia. He did not make the cut but, now old enough to drink in a bar, vote and get a tattoo, the coveted left-back turned winger from Roehampton is just one of many reasons Fulham fans have to be extremely cheerful before their return to the Premier League after a four-year absence

Sessegnon was not the only player with obvious star quality to help them secure promotion. At Wembley against Villa he provided a defence-splitting assist for Tom Cairney to score the only goal of the game with a cool finish. The 27-year-old Cairney, by his own amusing admission "a poor man's David Silva", had acknowledged the debt he owes the manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, for entrusting him with the role of midfield heartbeat following years in which he was underused by a series of managers at various clubs who might now be cursing themselves for failing to spot his obvious qualities.

While Cairney and Sessegnon both made the Championship team of the season, alongside the since departed Ryan Fredericks, it was another player, the ball-playing American centre-back Tim Ream, who was voted player of the season by the Fulham fans.

While most promoted teams are generally content with survival in their first season back in the Premier League, there is a feeling that, like Wolves, Fulham have loftier ambitions. Reported to be worth over £5bn, their American owner Shahid Khan made all the right noises before the play-off final, stating his team "want to get to the Premier League and then our goal is not to skate by, our goal is to win". Such talk is notoriously cheap but money, he said, would not be a limitation. However, it would have to be spent "wisely and the right way".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/03/premier-league-2018-19-preview-no-9-fulham

WindyCity

Methinks with all the newly acquired and moving parts and players not familiar with SJ/system, and players out, the 12th man will be huge if we are to prevail v Palace.  I don't think any team really cherishes playing a newly promoted team on the road to start a season, but hopefully the homeside team can benefit from home cooking and support.

COYW

Twig

It will take a while, especially with Mason and Ream (and Betts?)  injured, and Odoi on a ban. I don't expect the match day squad to settle down for a few games.

alfie

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 10, 2018, 03:25:26 PM
Wow, what a window.

Over £100 mill, but many late on.................

Where in the fixture list will we see a difference?

I want to see Bryan start tomorrow, and Chambers has to start. Seri has had a couple of outings so should start....... but don't expect the others to start necessarily...maybe Schurrle.

We need a good start, but will we cope with Zaha?

Not a moan, but a question
Let's ask the question will they cope with Mitrovic
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't