watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

25 man squad rules

Started by aaronmcguigan, August 10, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

There is allowed to be 17 players in the 25 who do not meet the homegrown quota, which means we need 8 homegrown or empty spaces in the squad. Homegrown means regardless of nationality, has been registered at an FA affiliated club (or FAW) for 3 continuous years before 21st birthday or the season containing his birthday .
For the season, under 21s (who don't need registering ) are players born on or after 1 Jan 97

-BETTINELLI
-CHAMBERS
-CAIRNEY
-CHRISTIE
-MAWSON
-BRYAN
-WOODROW

Non Home Grown
-MCDONALD
-KEBANO
-JOHANSEN
-MITROVIC
-AYITE
-REAM
-ODOI
-SCHURRLE
-FONTE
-LE MARCHAND
-SERI
-FABRI
-KAMARA
-RICO
-VIETTO
-ANGUISSA

-Djalo/Cisse

Sess', Fosu Mensah, De La Torre, ORiley, Kait etc all don't need registering

Basically one of Djalo or Cisse  HAVE to go on loan or sit in the reserves all year as the 25 man squad will be full
Maybe that's the plan and perhaps why we decided to go for Fosu Mensah as Montoya would count towards the non home grown

Edited to include cmgs point about McDonald not being homegrown and Fosu Mensah being 20 👌🏻

cmg

Mensah is 20 so needn't be counted.

McDonald is not, I believe, home grown. (with Dundee until well past 19)

Woodrow is home grown

Tabby

If Fonte is leaving we're under the quota for realistic first teamers. Don't think Djalo or Cisse will get a look in.

RP24

Quote from: cmg on August 10, 2018, 11:15:41 AM

Woodrow is home grown

I think homegrown in the PL counts Wales, Scotland and Ireland so he should be ok.

aaronmcguigan

premier league website says only FA or FAW, assuming it's because the league includes English and Welsh teams only

https://www.premierleague.com/news/612828

FulhamElite

Squad numbers have been announced, with Djalo omitted. His player profile has also been moved to the PL2 section.

fulhamben

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on August 10, 2018, 11:28:01 AM
Quote from: cmg on August 10, 2018, 11:15:41 AM

Woodrow is home grown

I think homegrown in the PL counts Wales, Scotland and Ireland so he should be ok.
id be surprised if it allowed Scotland and ire land. Northern Ireland maybe, but def not Ireland
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

and as far as i can see, English and welsh players are classed as homegrown. and any player who did the relevant time in English and welsh academies

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2018, 01:25:58 PM
and as far as i can see, English and welsh players are classed as homegrown. and any player who did the relevant time in English and welsh academies

Based on league systems rather than nationality. There are a few Welsh clubs in the English leagues, but no Scottish or Northern Irish ones.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: FulhamElite on August 10, 2018, 01:17:44 PM
Squad numbers have been announced, with Djalo omitted. His player profile has also been moved to the PL2 section.

Same for Cauley

Sir Craven

Quote from: Tabby on August 10, 2018, 11:20:39 AM
If Fonte is leaving we're under the quota for realistic first teamers. Don't think Djalo or Cisse will get a look in.

I presume that Fonte may actually be a Home-grown player as he was with Arsenal for 3 years from 2006-2009 (ages 16-19)

fulhamben

Quote from: Sir Craven on August 10, 2018, 02:25:47 PM

I presume that Fonte may actually be a Home-grown player as he was with Arsenal for 3 years from 2006-2009 (ages 16-19)

think its up to 18

Tabby

Homegrown is up to 21. If we sign an 18 year old and keep him until he is 21 he'd be homegrown.

Sir Craven

Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

think its up to 18

'Home Grown' simply means that a player must have been on the books of a club affiliated with the Football Association for at least three years before they turn 21

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on August 10, 2018, 02:34:13 PM
Homegrown is up to 21. If we sign an 18 year old and keep him until he is 21 he'd be homegrown.
yep, i was going off the proposed rules that never happened

Colton F.C.

There seems to be a bit of a CB injury crisis at the moment.  Is there any way Djalo could be brought back to do some bench warming?

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Colton F.C. on August 10, 2018, 04:50:59 PM
There seems to be a bit of a CB injury crisis at the moment.  Is there any way Djalo could be brought back to do some bench warming?
I wouldn't call it a crisis, we have plenty of options at cb

aaronmcguigan

He hasn't gone anywhere so at the minute he's the same as ORiley, Opoku etc who no doubt will get numbers later in the season when the checkatrade trophy starts .
If it does end up a crisis , surely KMac can end up there  before the likes of Djalo..

cmg

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 10, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

He hasn't gone anywhere so at the minute he's the same as ORiley, Opoku etc who no doubt will get numbers later in the season when the checkatrade trophy starts .

Don't think so. Wheras O'Riley or anyone else under 21 can be used at any time, I think Djalo, if he is not in the official squad submitted to the PL, is now toast as far as the 1st team is concerned.