watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sweating on the result today

Started by davew, August 11, 2018, 02:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Thought I would have a flutter this weekend, done Man Utd, Spurs and us to win in a treble, got £2,500 going on to our match and worth 6k if we win, hope my nerves (and gin) last out. COYW
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

General

Why did you do that? In fairness we've dominated the first half with over 60% possession.. Palace goal was one of few chances they have had.

They took their chance though, arguably Fabri was randomly low when it was struck, but done so with power.

We look very impressive considering 7 are new starters, with Chambers and Bryan in particular only having one training session if that... Ironically despite showing palace up possession wise it still feels like there's a lot more to come. A few flourishes from Schurrle, but he's also been semi off radar... Bryan's put a few wayward passes in and Sessegnon and Mitrovic seem to be lacking a bit of extra intensity, whilst MLM looks like he's got a lot of potential but trying to get to grips with the pace of the game. Christie looks weakest at the moment for me. Fabri made one top top save.

A lot more to come though and I'm sure Slavisa will have some words to say in half time. Still have Anguissa, Mawson to come in too.

davew

A long way to go and it's only money!!

General

Quote from: davew on August 11, 2018, 04:01:26 PM

2,500GBP when most people earn 25,000 a year? You say it's only money - if that's the case then why are you sweating?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on August 11, 2018, 04:01:26 PM
That's what she said last night. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Vinnieffc

Bad luck. Was an iffy bet anyway given most of the team have only just met each other..

Lighthouse

Played well in places. Unlucky not to have a penalty imo at 1-0 down. But we will play worse and win.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Jamie88

Quote from: davew on August 11, 2018, 05:08:05 PM
Cest la vie!!

I wish I had £2,500 to throw away like you seem to do Dave!

davew

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 11, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: davew on August 11, 2018, 05:08:05 PM
Cest la vie!!

I wish I had £2,500 to throw away like you seem to do Dave!
I don't, I didn't stake £2,500, couldn't afford to do that being a pensioner! At least I got to watch the match live on TV, thought we were a bit unlucky, should have been a penalty!