watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, August 11, 2018, 06:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I thought the score flattered Palace, for the first half we dominated and were unfortunate to concede, second half, they improve and we seem to lose our zip.

Have to say I was very very impressed with Seri, we have a player and a half in him. Not so impressed with Fabri though and you could tell from Betts body language, that he was not a happy bunny.

All in all, not a lot to worry about, as we have some players to come in

Burt

Agree that the result flattered Palace.

A timely reminder though that if you don't take your chances, the other buggers will.

In all though I thought we played well, particularly in the first half, and considering half the team have not been together for more than a few days it does bode well.

Glass half full!

Statto

Yep, the OP sums up my thoughts also

F(f)CUK

There was a lot to be optimistic about today. We have to take our chances and keep our concentration. At half time, I felt that we battered them 0-1.

Sgt Fulham

Plenty to be optimistic about. Despite a poor result it was a cracking game of football. Quick, feisty, but for the most part fair. Both teams came to win the game.

Holders

Quote from: Burt on August 11, 2018, 06:25:55 PM
Agree that the result flattered Palace.

A timely reminder though that if you don't take your chances, the other buggers will.

In all though I thought we played well, particularly in the first half, and considering half the team have not been together for more than a few days it does bode well.

Glass half full!

Couldn't have put it better, Burt. It was disappointing but mustn't get downhearted.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham1959

Bang goes our home record !

David I

We came out of the blocks full pelt and there was some great passes creating opportunities but unfortunately no end product. We deserved a draw... But alas it wasn't to be. There are positives to take from today.
Seri was everywhere... A real Gem.
Chambers had a good game.... Wish he was permanent.
Sessegnon getting behind the defence early on...
Mitro - continuing his hold up play and form from last season.
Christie and Le Marchand didn't have bad games.. contrary to some opinions (but they are only that, everyone entitled to an opinion - and they will differ).
Fabri.... OMG....I disagreed with people's opinion and thought he did well to come out pre season. However, today.. he can't hold a ball, he nearly cost a third with an ill judged slide tackle and was definantly at fault coming too far off his line for the second.
Le Marchand was ok..
Considering the limited time these guys have had to train together things can and will only get better.
Excited about Mitrovic, Chambers and Seri..

FFCSteve

Betts was at the game?
Thought we had a good game apart from the score obviously. Play like that against a lot of the bigger clubs and palace should be worried!
Seri was brilliant! Fabri was definately the weak link. Christie had a good game too! Apart from his crossing, which were a little over hit.
I really hope Bryan is not seriously injured. Considering the back four hadn't played together, they did OK! So game time will improve them!

Betts has posted on Twitter that he is not injured!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

YankeeJim

As an afterthought, facing a Roy team which you knew was going to be extremely well organized, was always going to be difficult with a patch work team. If you mixed the two starting elevens, most would have been Fulham. bet we spank them next time round.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Statto

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 11, 2018, 07:05:55 PM
As an afterthought, facing a Roy team which you knew was going to be extremely well organized, was always going to be difficult with a patch work team. If you mixed the two starting elevens, most would have been Fulham. bet we spank them next time round.

Agree
Typical boring Roy tactics really

Deeping_white

Considering a lot of the players have been here under two weeks, the fact we maintained our passing style was a testament to the coaching and ability of the players coming in to deal with their roles. On another day that game could've been 3-1 or 3-2 to us, we should've had a penalty and their keeper was like a man possessed at times. Can't be too disheartened about a new back four performing as they did, we all know our style leaves us prone to the counter, and against a shithouse style Roy team we'd probably come unstuck at an early stage of the season as opposed to later on.

Today's team did relatively well, and there are players to come into that starting 11, as well as the understanding between the new players increasing with a full week of training. From what I saw I think we'll be fine, we won't win as many games as last season obviously, but I'd rather get to that magical 40 point mark playing Slav style rather than Roy style because it'll be much more entertaining.