watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Fans Love A Scapegoat

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 12, 2018, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I don't think one can't analyse the game properly without acknowledging that our keeper was partly at fault for both goals. Not a scape goat scenario, more an observation. He made some good saves too, to be fair but ultimately, we lost 2 nil to very soft goals that we simply can't afford to concede every week if we want to win games.

Deeping_white

Quote from: nose returns on August 12, 2018, 10:31:24 AM
Post like the op are always disturbing. I have seen the goalkeeper twice and both times he has been dreadful. Not a scapegoat but dreadful. The fact we didn't score when we were comfortably on top was why we did not get a result. But the keeper will kill us over and over if he remains. The things he has got wrong should not hppen to an experienced player.

His so called seven  saves?
To were good but expect anyone to make them, ok the first half one was very good, the rest routine straight at him and then he fumbbled a couple.

In the two games i hve seen i do not recollect him getting his hands on a single cross

So you weren't at the game then because he came out and collected several crosses then, or does that not fit your narrative of calling him "dreadful"?

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 12, 2018, 08:04:06 AM

I've watched him in a couple of pre season games and he worried me then, I said before the game that on the couple of friendly games I've seen him in, I've not been impressed but like all new players they deserve a chance if picked.
Certainly his fault for the second goal and he got away with it earlier when he came racing out of his goal.

I'd of like Betts to be given a chance but with hardly any pre season behind him, I wasn't surprised to see Fabri in goal.
He has the shirt so it's down to him to lose it now, but many more cock ups like yesterday and it won't be long before he does .

Have to disagree.

The ball should never have made it anywhere near our goal. Sess went to sleep when he should have picked up the loose ball up on the half way line. Instead, he watched their left back pick up the ball and make the killer pass.

That is what caused the 2nd goal imo.

You can't blame the keeper in my opinion. It's a team game and the midfield failed him badly.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

snarks

Having been there and rewatched the highlights, I don't blame him for either goal, also I think he got it right with the slide for contact, their forward was through if he hadn't got it. Posts condemning him after 1 league game always surprise me (although as fans love a scapegoat I'm not too surprised)

Dodgin

Was starting at the Putney End, Roy's tactics.

Statto

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 12, 2018, 11:04:00 AM
The ball should never have made it anywhere near our goal. Sess went to sleep when he should have picked up the loose ball up on the half way line. Instead, he watched their left back pick up the ball and make the killer pass.

That is what caused the 2nd goal imo.

You can't blame the keeper in my opinion. It's a team game and the midfield failed him badly.

Mitro makes a pi$$ poor attempt at a challenge before Sessegnon
Sessegnon equally poor.
Keeper comes out for no reason and makes it easy for Zaha.
MLM should have been tighter on Zaha
Chambers could have got back to cover the goal line if he'd sprinted

5 players made errors IMO

Keepers' errors will always stand out

However today it was combined with another mad moment coming out earlier in the game, getting beaten at his near post for the other goal, and the opposition's keeper showing him up by being their MoM

nose returns

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 12, 2018, 10:39:20 AM
Post like the op are always disturbing. I have seen the goalkeeper twice and both times he has been dreadful. Not a scapegoat but dreadful. The fact we didn't score when we were comfortably on top was why we did not get a result. But the keeper will kill us over and over if he remains. The things he has got wrong should not hppen to an experienced player.

To were good but expect anyone to make them, ok the first half one was very good, the rest routine straight at him and then he fumbbled a couple.

In the two games i hve seen i do not recollect him getting his hands on a single cross

So you weren't at the game then because he came out and collected several crosses then, or does that not fit your narrative of calling him "dreadful"?

i just remebered why I left the board some months ago.

as you obviously know, i was at the game, i do not have a 'narrative' he has been dreadful on both occasions I have seen him. i am not entirely sure I know what your interpretation of a cross is and did not think i needed to spell out it not one where you are abble to get your hand or catch a ball dangerously delivered into the penalty area under significant pressure from a forward(s). it is like the nonsennse of saying he made 7 saves. five of them were so routine they are not worth mentioning one save was brillianr, we all saw that and another good but in comparison to betts or what one would hope for, even after two games he was woefully short.

If you think fabri is a man to have confidence in and acceptable at this level, that may be your opinion, i happen to vigoursly disagree.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 12, 2018, 07:46:34 AM
I blame whoever made us play to the Hammy end first half.😂😂😂
Yes. I thought that at the KO and immediately put the blame on Roy, who else.

Lighthouse

The keeper has been or has been told to be a sweeper keeper as he tends to come out an awful lot. Hence the second goal, although where were the the covering defenders. I am not a fan of his but he takes no blame for yesterdays at all. Christie is another one I just don't understand being criticised. He was by and large our best player in the first half. His crosses were not great but then nor were anybody elses and unlike Sess at least he managed to create danger his side.

I understand we all have our own opinions. But I really think some fans over do it. I am the most depressed fan in the Village. But am oddly upbeat especially knowing that a bunch of strangers can put in that sort of performance in the first half. Mind you some have said we will finish top ten. I think they may well be the ones most depressed. Lower your expectations and see exactly what league we are in.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: filham on August 12, 2018, 11:59:05 AM
Yes. I thought that at the KO and immediately put the blame on Roy, who else.

A cunning Woy Ploy!

Pud

Most of the key players have only just met each other - let's not go OTT with negativity.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: nose returns on August 12, 2018, 11:31:25 AM

as you obviously know, i was at the game, i do not have a 'narrative' he has been dreadful on both occasions I have seen him. i am not entirely sure I know what your interpretation of a cross is and did not think i needed to spell out it not one where you are abble to get your hand or catch a ball dangerously delivered into the penalty area under significant pressure from a forward(s). it is like the nonsennse of saying he made 7 saves. five of them were so routine they are not worth mentioning one save was brillianr, we all saw that and another good but in comparison to betts or what one would hope for, even after two games he was woefully short.

If you think fabri is a man to have confidence in and acceptable at this level, that may be your opinion, i happen to vigoursly disagree.

I think its time you left the board again then if the two comments you've made on the topic are anything to go by...Talking nonsense.😜

Mince n Tatties

Its  funny  how all the paper pundits have gave him decent marks then,6 and 7 out of 10.
If he was dreadful he would have got 4 like Tim Krul got at Norwich.

nose returns

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 12, 2018, 12:44:58 PM

I think its time you left the board again then if the two comments you've made on the topic are anything to go by...Talking nonsense.😜

whilst i see the emoji is smiling, you may be right. 

i merely say what i see and everyone else sees. i do not expect to be spoken to in that tone of 'keyboard moaning warrior' style. having just seen MOTD, the second goal was a shambles from the keeper, rushing out needlesly gifting a player of zaha's quality an easy goal. the first, he probably would not have saved but his position and body shape were so poor. the save just under the crossbar is impressive but just before look at his total uncertainty as to what position he needed to be in as the cross arrives, for which he makes no attempt to cut out, which is really what a goalkeeper has to do in the six yard box.

if somebody thinks that is good enough, and i am sure the manager does not, then we would be in real trouble.

it took us ages to get here, we need to remain.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: nose returns on August 12, 2018, 12:56:25 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 12, 2018, 12:44:58 PM

whilst i see the emoji is smiling, you may be right. 

i merely say what i see and everyone else sees. i do not expect to be spoken to in that tone of 'keyboard moaning warrior' style. having just seen MOTD, the second goal was a shambles from the keeper, rushing out needlesly gifting a player of zaha's quality an easy goal. the first, he probably would not have saved but his position and body shape were so poor. the save just under the crossbar is impressive but just before look at his total uncertainty as to what position he needed to be in as the cross arrives, for which he makes no attempt to cut out, which is really what a goalkeeper has to do in the six yard box.

if somebody thinks that is good enough, and i am sure the manager does not, then we would be in real trouble.

it took us ages to get here, we need to remain.

Has Betts ever came out to catch crosses,the boy at Man united never does,rely's on saves and he supposed to be Worlds best.
Anyway I like eccentric keepers like Kirali was and this lad now...Have faith he will save us more than give gifts away.
And I'm only joking with the comment I made about leaving.😉

Woolly Mammoth

That was probably Fabri  064.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 12, 2018, 01:16:06 PM

That was probably Fabri  064.gif

No, it must have been Bryan Ruiz, he's got scapegoat seniority. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC1987

Sorry folks, regardless of his impressive shots to saves ratio's and the fact he did play ok for most of the game, he's still at fault for both goals. He wasn't being a sweeper keeper on that second goal, he was just out of position and on the first, he just didn't catch eye on a ball that wasn't top corner, nor 'a rocket' like some fans are suggesting. I'm all for 100% supporting, I do regardless of his errors, but to dismiss some peoples opinions outright because 'they're *too* negative', well, quite frankly, some of the 'apologists' on here are too charitable, so we can both play that game. Its pointless and offers nothing progressive for debate. I think he did well for the most part BUT know he won't be happy with the way we conceded two goals.

alfie

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 12, 2018, 03:15:29 PM
Sorry folks, regardless of his impressive shots to saves ratio's and the fact he did play ok for most of the game, he's still at fault for both goals. He wasn't being a sweeper keeper on that second goal, he was just out of position and on the first, he just didn't catch eye on a ball that wasn't top corner, nor 'a rocket' like some fans are suggesting. I'm all for 100% supporting, I do regardless of his errors, but to dismiss some peoples opinions outright because 'they're *too* negative', well, quite frankly, some of the 'apologists' on here are too charitable, so we can both play that game. Its pointless and offers nothing progressive for debate. I think he did well for the most part BUT know he won't be happy with the way we conceded two goals.
Sitting right behind that shot I thought it was coming through the net, very few keepers would have stopped that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ordar

I was surprised to read that people thought Christie had a bad game. He put in 2 unbelievable crosses which could have been og's but we absolutely should have had people attacking them

I didn't think Fabri could do anything about the first goal. The second is the sort of decision lots of keepers would have made, Betts has done similar but Ream is usually on the line to clear