watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Spurs

Started by terryr, August 14, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

PL forums move onto the next game much quicker than the Championship.....
[/b][/b]

" One final game at Wembley then it's home to the Lane!
My final game as a single man, wedding on 24th August! I'll be on my honeymoon for the United game.
Tough game following the Newcastle match. Fulham come off the back off a 2-0 home defeat to Palace, whilst we go in off the back of a well fought 2-1 win. No fresh injury concerns, and the players will be another week sharper.

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Moura - Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -​

" Our depth is a clear issue passing wise, switch to 3 at the back, Eriksen in the middle so he can run the game, get our full backs going forward."

" 3 - 1 win for the Spurs.
Trippier
Kane
Alli

I will be in attendance if anybody wants to buy me an overpriced pint."

"
Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Dier - Dele
Lucas - Kane - Eriksen

3-0.
Eriksen
Dele x2"

loris;
Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies;
Eriksen, Dier, Dembélé;
Moura, Kane, Dele.

2-0 (Eriksen + Dele)"

" Can we start calling Lucas Lucas.
He's Brazilian. We don't call Neymar - Santos Junior, Ronaldinho - Moreira or fat Ronaldo - de Lima and we don't flipping call Lucas - Moura."

"Hope Moura starts"

" Is it possible to experiment?
Trippier could be played in central midfield, he has a decent touch and can pass well and some creativity .
KWP plays as wing back bringing back Toby in a solid back 3
Worth a punt ?"

" Ideally not in a Premier League game. I'd rather have established centre mids in that position. Trippier is too good not to be at right back/wing back."

" would put Davies ahead of Rose.. We definitely need to go back to 3 at the back for Man Utd.
Yesterday we were woeful at the back which needs to be addressed.
In the 2nd half Kennedy had half the pitch to himself, we had no player anywhere near him.
Aurier and Sissoko will get raped by a good side."

" In terms of Davies or Rose don't mind either. We can't have Sissoko playing out against the likes of Liverpool, he shits himself on the ball under the smallest press and they press hard."

" We'll win this."

" £45 for a ticket seems steep (general sale)"

" Last match at Wembley, what could go wrong? Plenty. Can see another frustrating day. Hope Trippier plays but as we saw in the summer, he players best further forward ahead of a 3. However cannot see Poch changing. Hope Moura ok after seeing him with Ice on leg. No Son and not sure if any of the injuried will be fit. Think we may save Dembele for MU and Trippier for Aurier the only change.
Need to score early again as will still be affected by lack of match fitness and just can see us dropping points and being glad we have seen the back of Wembley."

" Well here it is, it's finally upon us...
the 1st game of our 37 game run-in!!
They're ALL must win from now on!"

" Son is now at Asian Games plus 10 players out (so total 11 players) injured according to Physioroom - Dier, Moura, Carter-Vickers, Trippier, Rose, Lamela, Wanyama, Onomah and Winks.

Some like Dier and Mours should be back, but think we need to see how some of the others are before being sure what our squad will be, otherwise it'll probably be almost the same team as at Newcastle."

" Harry in goal and Lloris as a holding midfielder?

No thanks, Trippier is a RB or RWB.

I thought Dier was cramp?"

" Im a bit wary of playing Fulham with us having so many injured players and relatively not fit squad at Wembley.
The pitch is well known for its width. And Fulham got some pace to burn.
We looked massively in need of stretching the play. Only Aurier gets to the byline this weekend.
Though i always imagine the worst so i could be happier if we win.
I just cant wait for the next game while also hoping for a bit more time for our players to recover."

"I'm so happy I'm not going back to that stadium, club has seemed very desperate on the ticket email front too so can't be alone"

" Just checked the OS - there's a literal poo ton left."

" This will probably be the kiss of death - but if Fulham play like they did against Palace, I think we will win comfortably."

" I'd rest Kane and play Llorente with Harry on the bench. Get 3 points by hook or by crook in this one and with 2 away games at Man U & Watford before we return home after the international break we'd have started the season extremely well under the circumstances. Huff & puff needed until mid September, not ideal but time to dig deep very early on"

" I have a feeling Alderwiereld won't play until after the European transfer window has shut though. Hopefully he will (and he stays) but I reckon it's too soon.
I hope we devise the tactics around Lucas a bit more to give him some confidence. If he gets some form together he could be insanely good.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Sessegnon plays, I haven't seen much of him yet."

" I'm taking a mate from Aus to this one, will be his first Premier League game.
Hopefully we convert him to be a Spurs man from hereon in!"

" Fulham is not a team at the moment. Just a bunch of players. We win easily"

" It's exactly this overbearing mentality which is dangerous. We should not take any PL game on the light shoulder. We can always have a bad day and to reach a CL spot again, it's crucial to win these games, especially now that our WC players have not hit their full fitness and form yet. I'm confident Poch will take those games serious, though I'd wish some fans would do that too before getting mouthy.
That said, I don't expect this to be a super easy win, but if we deliver what we're capable of we should definitely be able to grab 3 points."

" Trippier and Rose should be closer to full fitness. Toby can probably get minutes as well (but he was on the bench at Newcastle so he is probably game fit). Winks and Onomah would be bigger maybes. Lamela was described as having a minor injury so he could perhaps play as well.
Wanyama is the only one who's injury is listed as severe to my knowledge"

" I think this is the best time to play Fulham. 2-0 win to us.

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Vert Davies
Dele Dier Dembele
Eriksen Kane Lucas"

" Their manager will want to come out and play. He'll want a goal at least after losing to Palace at home. Spending the money he has the last thing he'll want is no chance of getting a point from this one so I think it'll be an open game against a team still unsure of what their teammates are going to be doing. Control the tempo of the game, be alert defensively with a high line played and chop them down for a 2-0 or 3-1 win"

" Kane with a brace to end his August hoodoo!"

" I'd rest him. Give Llorente a start and bring Harry on after 60 minutes of we are chasing the game and need a goal. Harry is so important to us and I didn't see enough on a Saturday to make me believe the 3 weeks off have been enough of a recharge for him. Time for his teammates to step up to the plate so we can use Harry in the away games against Watford & Man U instead"

"Our transfer activity really does leave us short if one or two players pick up knocks. I'm happy with the squad as Winks, Foyth, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Lamela & Lucas were all pretty much non existent last season (I think combined they all managed a seasons worth of games between them) but should Sonny or Harry get a knock long term we'll really have to rely on some tactical genius from Pochettino to see us through. For me, this season offers us yet again another uphill struggle to secure top 4 but people take for granted that Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich etc will click instantly and Man U are still a man short in central defence with Pogba seemingly a bit of a fucker to man manage because of his self righteousness. The jury is still out on how much of a positive/ negative impact Alexis Sanchez will be based on his style of football and the astrinomical wages he's on effecting egos in that dressing room.
It'll be great to see us just steadily tick along nicely and not drop silly points like we did in games like Burnley at home last season etc. That will be as key as getting one over on our other top 4 rivals this time around "

"I am with you mate in many respects although I think Liverpool are 5% better already. Chelsea and Woolwich we shall see and United could be anything.
But for us there is just no excuse for not adding a goal threat knowing how little faith Pochettino's has in Llorente, because the players you list, aside from an as yet unconvincing Moura and a hardly free scoring Lamela are all defensive types."

"For me personally, Grealish & somoeone like Zaha should and could have been signed but if the rumoured £110m-£125m outlay for both is true it's so much money on players that have question marks over them. I'd be fuming if we had sold a high calibre player or two without brining any in, I think Tottenham and Levy are pinning their hopes on next seasons window not being as mental with a large bulk of teams in this Country (Liverpool, Everton, Fulham, West Ham & Wolves) skewing the market for buyers and sellers and with the European window advantage of it staying open a few weeks longer no longer being an issue. Most teams have signed in bulk so maybe Levy thinking the market will simmer down soon with higher quality being traded with less quantity inflating their prices. I just hope we've got enough to compete and that the powers that be understand top quality needs to be signed next summer to replace inevitable departures"

" London Overground & Bakerloo:
Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 August, no London Overground service between London Euston and Watford Junction and no Bakerloo line service between Elephant & Castle and Harrow & Wealdstone. Replacement buses operate. In addition, no London NorthWestern service between London Euston and Hemel Hempstead."

" Kane is not sitting out the first "home" game of the season."

" I wouldn't start Kane.

He looked ragged at the World Cup, had no proper pre season and was well off the pace today.
I think it's better to look after his fitness. A week of training, half an hour against Fulham. Another week of training, start at Man Utd.
In addition if we are keeping Llorente we should give him some confidence. What does it say to him that Kane at such a low standard still starts? What would happen if not managing Kane's fitness causes a long term injury? "

" I'd rather play him against Fulham for 60 mins, try and win the game early. Maybe rest him for OT, and hope Lamela's back to play the false 9 role he did so well last season."

"  Fulham at Wembley should be easier than Man Utd at Old Trafford.
Fulham got beat today by Palace on their own turf - we should have enough to beat them without Kane."

" Lucas has to start every game that Son misses from now. It is vital to us to get him finding form and rhythm within this first team. Starting him, then benching him next game is short term thinking and is a massive reason why signings sometimes don't work out. Players need a bit of patience shown in them."

" I can only laugh at the talk about Kane needing a rest already. Jesus christ. He's rested now just needs to get up to speed again like the rest of them. He played well today but just like everyone else the tempo was slow because it's the first game of the season. He like the others who returned this week were essentially playing their first pre-season game. They all need game time but it wont be long before they're up to speed again because the World Cup wasn't so long ago."

" These are games in which we have to mop up with 3 points. Its going to be a tough season and we need points early. Fingers crossed if we can enter the new stadium in good shape we can push on from there.
Fulham play open attacking football. I say we go out and attack with a solid base.

---------------------Lloris----------------------
--------Toby----Sanchez----Vert----------
----------------------Dier-----------------------
Trippier-----Eriksen----Alli---------Rose
------------moura------Kane----------------

" They're playing 3 brand new defenders so the entire defence has no fluidity and we need to take advantage of that."

" Fulham - have just about about 45 new players so this is where our lack of activity will come in handy as our team will have more synergy."

" Fulham Wembley horrible feeling we'll lose to a sessegnon banger."

" We can hopefully go into this game with an air of confidence after I fine away win up at Newcastle, who played well. Our next opponents fulham lost their opener 2-0 so they might be licking their wounds and want to get some points on the board but hopefully 2-1 or dare I say 2-0 to us.

Our record against them is as follows:

P 131
W 68
D 33
L 30
F 228
A 146

So on that basis the point are heavily in our favour only coming away pointless 30 times in 131 is not bad.Our home record against them reads like this:
P 64
W 41
D 13
L 10
F 120
A 56
The home record looks pretty solid form.

Our top scorer against the,m is non other than Cliff Jones with 13, then Minter and Greavsie with 8 apiece.
We got from them a one certain Alan Mullary in March 1964,John Lacy in July 1978 for £200,000, Sean Davis July 2004 for £3 mill, Steed Malbranque in August 2006 for £2.5 mill, Mousa Dembele August 2012 for £15,000, also in August 2012 we got Clint Dempsay for £6 mill.
We sold to them T Dyson in June 1965, for a megre £5,000, Cliff Jones in October 1968 also £5000, sold back to them Alan Mullary in June 1972. We also sold them Michael Brown January 2006, and D Murphy in January 2007. "

"4-1 Spurs. With future Spur Sessegnon getting the English Glitter Kitties' only goal. "

" They have a few new signings to bed in so i think this is 3 points.
Pochs usual 4-2-3-1 formation.
Lloris
Trips, Sanchez, Verts, Davies.
Dembele, dier.
eriksen, dele, moura
Kane.
Would have had son but think he is gone now and alderweireld rotating with sanchez.
3-0.
Kane to score in august x2 and in form dele "

" Should not be a problem. Fulham will be hurting after the Palace home defeat and will want to square things up. This may well be to our advantage. I can see them coming out of the blocks at pace and as long as we are alive to that we could well be 2 up within 30 minutes and then dictate the tempo and the rest of the game.
3-0
Coys!
Ps: As long as Poch swallows his pride and plays Toby in a back 3 and gives Aurier the day off!"

" Should be a win but I've bottled it..a draw."

" A less worrying day at the office for this one. Fingers crossed Harry scores and drags himself out of his current malaise. I go for the win.
COYS"

"I think at home we should play a back 3. If Tripps and Rose are fit they should start. We lose a bit of midfield presence, but that shouldn't be an issue against Fulham. Lucas should step down to the bench
Hugo

Toby, Davinson, Jan

Tripps, Danny

Dier, Dembele

Eriksen, Dele

Kane

The sausage machine has done its doodahs and has said we have a 77% chance of winning this! It's a computer, so it must be true, I pressed the right button so it ain't fake news.

The team should be shaking off the cobwebs now and will win this 4-0, absolutely guaranteed. Harry will not score obviously, it's August, so Dele and Christian will have to get the goals,

Snippets of interestingness:

Their first match was in the Southern League on Saturday, 5 September 1903. Fulham were playing at home that day and the final score was Fulham 0 Tottenham Hotspur 0 .

The latest meeting between these two teams was a FA Cup game on Sunday, 19 February 2017, the score was Fulham 0 Tottenham Hotspur 3.
Highest Goals in Game - 7
League Division One, Saturday, 19 February 1966, Tottenham Hotspur 4 Fulham 3
League Division One, Saturday, 1 October 1966, Fulham 3 Tottenham Hotspur 4
In all the 96 matches Tottenham Hotspur have played against Fulham in all competitions they have won 49 lost 18 and drawn 29 matches.

" Going to be a strange atmosphere at wembley,doubt it will even be 50% attendance.Lets hope we carry on last years record there get out of dodge with 3pts and back home to N17."

" I've only see us play Fulham twice.....once when Sherwood or someone else thought it would be a good idea to play Jan Vertonghen on the left wing and we lost 1-0 at home to a Berbatov goal - he was playing for Fulham for a bit. Secondly when we won 3-0 with a Kane hatrick in the FA Cup.
Dele and Kane to get goals and it would be very nice if Sir Poch could hurry up and bring Tripps back for Aurier, if not then Walker Peters. I'm giving Sissoko one last chance - Fulham at home.
Important to get three points and keep the pressure on the top teams like Bournemouth and Watford above us......"

" I'll be expecting a win, not a comfortable one but 3 points is all that counts at this stage. By all accounts their defence was not good against palace."

" I was at the Berbatov game, I remember asking the bloke I was sitting next to if it was all right I still loved him a bit. It was, so that was nice.
flipping blimey, I just looked at my piccies from that game and it was was March 2013. Where the very fcuk did those years go?
More flipping blimey! I just remembered the really old website I set up and have ignored for yonks, I did a match report, it seems like it was not a classic. Interesting piccies though, Scotty, that American geezer (the crap one not Super Brad),JD, Daws, Barn Door, Benny, Garth the taff. The only two left are Hugo and Jan. One day I might resurrect the OnlyOneKnee site, probably not, I am doing proper coding these days, websites get on my thrupnies."

That's it for now-
Update Below
[/b]

" Fulham got off to a worse start than expected."

" Let's further it!"

" They were unlucky as they played rather well."

" Only saw the goals. Were Fulham good? They've made a lot of changes to the side that got them up. Bound to take time to adjust. Hopefully we can capitalise. Would love winks, Lamela and wanyama to be back for more dept"

" they were really good - should have been a few up in first half, only one team at the races. Sucker punch before half time and went in one down and didn't really come back out. Difference between the EPL and the Championship."

" They are a progressive outfit, who passed the ball rather well. They missed a few opportunities and were generally poorer than usual in the final third."

" They'll bounce back with a 4 nil win this weekend... Oh wait....."

" I genuinely don't think the Stadium announcement will effect Saturdays' game, or the players in the slightest.
After all, we were always meant to play this one at Wemberly... the players have been preparing for this as they would have been all of last season. Nothing has changed in that respect.
Come the 15th Sept. and all the Liverpool fans who have sued us by then for loss of earnings, and mental torture, and whatever version of disappointment and hardship they think up to saddle themselves with... then maybe we'll see a different atmosphere, to the one we were expecting at the NWHL... but for now, it's surely as you were?"

" We really need the boys & coaching staff to grind our a results only matter type mentality until this whole stadium thing is fixed and we can get our season properly on track. This coinciding with the late starts for most of our players makes it a tough start to the season but it'll be their biggest achievement to date if they can keep within touching distance of the teams we regard as our fiercest rivals now.
I'm backing them to get this one over the line 3-1. I think the bond and togetherness will shine through on this one, although I'd rather see Kane left on the bench from the off & Fernando do his bit for the cause"

" I actually think it will help. I could just see all the comments from fans about good riddance to Wembley after a disappointing result. As we will have to play more matches there that is no longer the case. As with Dier's reaction to no transfers in, it may actually bring the players together to shut up the critics and get 3 points.

" We'll cock Fulham."

" If KWP is fit it'd be fun to see him start against Sessegnon.
Fulham looked more decent than their scoreline last weekend suggested, but we should be able to issue them a good beating. I'm calling 3-0 or 3-1 for us."

" The spurs insta acct had a pic of Lamela in training with the caption 'focused on Fulham' so I presume he's fit"

" This is the best chance for Harry to break his August hoodoo."

" 3-1 win at ' home ' again."

" Dembele needs to play this. We need a boss in midfield not axes
Lloris
Toby Sanchez Jan
Trippier Dembele Davies
Moura Dele Eriksen
Kane

" A win and we go top of the league.
Childish I know, but I love seeing Spurs top of the pile"

" Would go:
Lloris
Toby Sanchez Vertonghen
Trippier Dier Eriksen Rose
Moura Kane Alli

Gazzaniga
KWP
Davies
Dembele
Amos
Lamela
Georgiou

" Just got my ticket through the door. Nice to see I got 3 loyalty points for spending nearly £50 on a ticket, but at least I get to see our opening "home" game of the season two years in a row.
Hope we do better than we did last year though! If Palace can demolish them 4-0 then we should comfortably see this through. Would like to see Kane actually stay up top though, rather than do a Rooney impression and get the ball all over the place except where we need him."

" After the stadium news, this game has become a must win. If we have a dodgy start again at Wembley the atmosphere is going to be dreadful around the club for a while.
In terms of the team, Tripps in for Aurier and Dembele or Winks in for Sissoko please."

" Heaven help us if we need 3 at the back against newly-promoted Fulham - at home (ok Wembley)."

" Although Fulham may not just park the bus, it's too negative for us to play 3 at the back with a sitting midfielder in this game. We suffer badly with too many guys sitting in central positions when we dominate possession. Better to get Trippier and Rose playing in a back four, and Dembele playing in midfield in a 4231. If Winks was available to play next to Dembele, all the better."

" Id play 244 - Verts, Sanchez at the back. Tripps and Rose on the wings. Dier, Dembele in the middle. Eriksen in behind Dele, Lucas and Kane
Gung ho but fcuk it we can hammer them
ps ofcourse Hugo in goal."

" If we do go with Toby in a three we ought to go 3 5 2. Trips and Rose the wing backs with Dier behind Dele and Eriksen ...Lucas just off Kane
.........lloris
Toby Sanchez Vert
Trip..............Rose
.........Dier
Eriksen...Dele
....Lucas
............Kane"

" Winks and Lamela back much needed with Son off. Not having 343 we struggled breaking teams down at Wembley early last season with it, need the extra attacker.

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez vertonghen davies
Lamela Dier Eriksen
Moura kane dele

Bench: vorm alderweireld rose dembele winks sissoko Llorente
I think Lamela was just a muscle injury so hopefully be ready to start. But I've i feeling sissoko will start."

" Only one request. Trippier starts."

" Just looked at the ticket availability for the game and there are loads left.
What makes me laugh is the first tier is 45 for adults and the 2nd tier is 60 flipping quid and the top tier is 40.
60 quid for fulham is a joke."

" 3-0. Kane finally scoring in august."

" We need a funny button, Kane has been replaced by a useless clone, have you not been watching him for the last 3 months ?"

" Yes. But it's Fulham."

" 1-1 at best , a Fulham win is more likely, this club is falling apart."

I'll never get why, in a team built such as ours, that we would put 7 defensively oriented players on the pitch at the same time. If anyone would wonder why we didn't score enough goals.....

3 at the back is fine, but then we should play ATACKERS at the wingbacks, and not weak attackers/primarily defenders. Sure Tripp looked great at the WC, but I'm not convinced he can repeat that quality in the furnace that is the Prem.

We already consistently sacrifice a dangerous attacker (Son) to play a mostly useless extra deep CM. Totally and completely dumb as sh|t.

Why no one is looking at what Pep did.... If they were, they'd see we are perfectly suited to play the same type of formation.

However, if we went w a 3 back, I'd go...

_________Hugo___________
___Toby__Snchz__Vert___
_________Moose_________
Lucas________________Son
___Lamela_Eriksen_Dele___
__________Kane___________

But I'd go w Pepe & a back 4....

__________Hugo___________
Tripp__Toby__Vert__Davies
_______Moose(Dier)______
______Eriksen__Dele______
Lucas________________Son
___________Kane___________

[Vorm, Snchz, Dier, Lamela, Aurier, Amos, NkooDoo]

Spurs 9 - Cottagers 0
(Kane 3 Lucas 2, NkooDoo, Toby, Eriksen, Son)"

" So Lamela is back in full training. Let's hope Poch gets them all back pretty soon as we're alway better with a fully fit squad and competition for places.
Wanyama is the one I worry most about though."

"Am I right in thinking Moura and Lamela are competing for a place ? In which case Moura is doing himself no favours in going missing. Something Lamela certainly does not do."

" I'm not sure about who is in, and who is out with respect to injuries but...

Lloris

Sanchez
Alderweireld------------------Vertonghen

Dier
Walker-Peters------------------------------Davies---------

Eriksen

Moura-------Lamela-------Dele​

That's it for today
I'll check back again tomorrow

HamsterWheel

Well all the comments about it being their final game at Wembley before their new stadium opens are a bit premature!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177215
Looks like November before they can gaze at their players through the glass tunnel, prawn sarnie and Lambrusco in hand.

nose returns

i am amazed after all these years some supporters think any game is a formality.
sure spurs are massive favourites on paper but slava is cute and I suspect we are gonna cause them some problems that will find it difficult to discover solutions. our achillies heel will be they are a brilliant attacking side and ruthless in front of goal. we will have to stop them creating too many chances and make sure we exploit our chances. if we try the new goalkeeper or betts i remain optimistic.

Baszab

I'll take anything less than 0-3

Woolly Mammoth

It appears expectations are low, which is no bad thing. No pressure, and in an odd way it's the sort of scenario whereupon something Fulhamish could happen.
But even if that does not occur, and it turns out to be a home win after all, all eyes will most definitely be on team performance, and individual performances based on the opponent.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

A spurs fan on here commented that if we play the same way as we did against palace they will win. Presuming he has only watched MOTD I guess the jolly old. Beeb made it look like an even game which we know it wasn't

Luka

Quote from: Andy S on August 14, 2018, 06:20:22 PM
A spurs fan on here commented that if we play the same way as we did against palace they will win. Presuming he has only watched MOTD I guess the jolly old. Beeb made it look like an even game which we know it wasn't

The BBC showed us dominating possesion and them being more clinical when scoring their 2 goals.
So a pretty fair portrayal.

Robbie

I think some of these comments are fairly accurate.
We will play too open, and they will hit us on the break.
Unfortunately (and I take no pleasure as I have a ticket) I don't think we will get much.

But, as ever, COYWs

FFCFOREVER

Cannot believe how cock - sure they are of getting three points.This is the Prem now and nothing is a foregone conclusion until the final whistle.Would love to stick it to em.COYW

terryr

Mitch

Quote from: TerryR on August 14, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
PL forums move onto the next game much quicker than the Championship.....
[/b][/b]

" One final game at Wembley then it's home to the Lane!

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bill2

It will be a tough game against a good side. Pleased we are playing at Wembley as I am not sure Spurs like playing there and the fans don't like it that much. If we hd been playing at the new ground it would have been awful as they would be full of it.

Interesting to see where they play for the rest of the season as from what I remember after playing 3 games at a ground you have to play there for the rest of the season. They certainly wouldn't be allowed to switch mid season.

Milo

Think this could be 3-1 to Spurs. Wrong time to play the top teams... but the reality is our pre-season (or lack of) has meant we are still 3-4 games behind being ready for this season.

Statto

Quote from: Milo on August 15, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
Think this could be 3-1 to Spurs. Wrong time to play the top teams... but the reality is our pre-season (or lack of) has meant we are still 3-4 games behind being ready for this season.

Arguably it's better to play them early, since we were always going to lose most games against the top teams. IMO we need our best performances for games like Burnley home and Brighton away

KingofCheese

Yes...this exactly.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

SWSixer

For some reason the fact Danny Murphy came to us from Spurs always escapes me.

Milo

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2018, 07:09:08 PM

Arguably it's better to play them early, since we were always going to lose most games against the top teams. IMO we need our best performances for games like Burnley home and Brighton away

Good point!

Whitesideup

Find myself agreeing with Statto .. again. Worrying.  What with Lighthouse's conversion to light-hearted optimist as well, I am beginning to feel as if I have moved to a parallel universe.

RaySmith

We could get something from this.
COYW!!!!

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 16, 2018, 09:02:21 AM

Find myself agreeing with Statto .. again. Worrying.  What with Lighthouse's conversion to light-hearted optimist as well, I am beginning to feel as if I have moved to a parallel universe.

Yep agree with Statto again! And yes Lighthouse is the new beacon of Light lol.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"