more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Spurs

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 18, 2018, 02:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Quote from: Burntheashes on August 18, 2018, 02:22:31 PM
I know it won't happen in near future, I just wish to see Mcdonald-TC-Johan again on starting line-up :(

Let's hope Anguissa can fill in KM's role, providing support to Seri and TC.

Are you serious, or just fishing for a reaction, seri is a massive upgrade on stefjo, Anguissa has been purchased for kmac position. Yes they did great last year kmac in particular but this is a massive midfield improvement.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 18, 2018, 02:28:23 PM
Christie only defender on the bench, so may have to play CB if Chambers or MLM, pick up an injury

McDonald can slide back in as CB as per pre season

fulhamben

Not so sure on Frederico, but I really like the rest of the team pretty much our strongest outfield 10 barring how Mawson does. Coyws
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

choice_of_ends

Quote from: filham on August 18, 2018, 02:17:09 PM
We need a performance which produces a goal, there is hope that AK47, Mitrovic and Sess can get that goal.
Would have preferred Schurrle instead of Kamara. Sess and Schurrle did a great job last weekend, in particular with changing positions. Furthermore, the big pitch would suit perfectly to Schurrle.

Tabby

Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 18, 2018, 02:44:10 PM
We need a performance which produces a goal, there is hope that AK47, Mitrovic and Sess can get that goal.
Would have preferred Schurrle instead of Kamara. Sess and Schurrle did a great job last weekend, in particular with changing positions. Furthermore, the big pitch would suit perfectly to Schurrle.
Kamara is great on the counter, I don't think Schürrle has the same kind of pace and power as him.

Likely have Kamara run his socks off for 60 minutes and then putting on Schürrle.

Burntheashes

Quote from: bobby01 on August 18, 2018, 02:36:00 PM
Quote from: Burntheashes on August 18, 2018, 02:22:31 PM
I know it won't happen in near future, I just wish to see Mcdonald-TC-Johan again on starting line-up :(

Let's hope Anguissa can fill in KM's role, providing support to Seri and TC.

Are you serious, or just fishing for a reaction, seri is a massive upgrade on stefjo, Anguissa has been purchased for kmac position. Yes they did great last year kmac in particular but this is a massive midfield improvement.

Yeah i know there is improvement, but I just want to see the chemistry between our 3 mid from last year, instead of Seri sometimes standing in TC's way...Let's hope that they will having a better understanding today on how to use the ball together.

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Tabby on August 18, 2018, 02:47:05 PM
Kamara is great on the counter, I don't think Schürrle has the same kind of pace and power as him.

Likely have Kamara run his socks off for 60 minutes and then putting on Schürrle.
Schurrle is much faster and more agile as Kamara. AK will have big issues with the quick Spurs defenders.

Twig

Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 18, 2018, 03:09:52 PM

Schurrle is much faster and more agile as Kamara. AK will have big issues with the quick Spurs defenders.

Schurrle much faster than AK? Not sure about that.

fulhamfever

We are paying them way too much respect

Statto

I predicted the McDonald, Christie and Schurrle changes on the Tottenham team thread straight after the Palace game, so not surprised at all by those changes. Thought Fabri might get rotated but other than that, this is the XI I expected and wanted to see.

Mince n Tatties

Thought Christie defended well against Palace.

FulhamKC

I was surprised that Sess played nearly the entire game on the right side. I don't remember him doing that before. I wonder what the strategic thinking was behind that decision.

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Twig on August 18, 2018, 03:14:32 PM
Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 18, 2018, 03:09:52 PM

Schurrle much faster than AK? Not sure about that.
Football is not only about maximum speed, it is also about bringing speed into controlled movement, in particular when a ball comes into range. That's why I'd prefer Schurrle. Furthermore, the interactions between Sess and Schurrle against Palace looked quite promising to me, and more useful for Mitro.