watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Trippier stepped up to take the free kick

Started by SP, August 19, 2018, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I'd have put someone on the far post as it seemed obvious what was coming.  I appreciate the implications in terms of the offside rule but why don't they do it?

Statto

I was listening to the BBC commentary live and they knew exactly where it was going whilst we were still setting up the wall. I agree with you. It seems ridiculous that it can be so obvious where a ball is going but you don't do anything to stop it.

I hate to criticise Fabri because he made some good stops but he was slow to move IMO. If you're going to stand on one side of the goal and leave a massive gap, surely you should be reacting instantly when the kick-taker does the bleeding obvious and puts it right in that gap. He should have been like a coiled spring just waiting to jump that way.

Holders

I thought he was having trouble communicating how he wanted the wall set up. If he'd stood in the middle he'd have been completely unsighted. Where he was he had a lot of ground to cover but, in my view, wasn't so far off in the end considering what an excellent kick it was. If he'd stood the other side, where would the ball have gone? Not where it did.

More work with his defenders required, I think.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

There was all that space in the goal just inviting Trippier to place it in.

MrD1879

The guy hit the side netting from a free-kick all you can do is applaud that mine only criticism is we had three chances to clear it before conceding the free-kick.
Don't care who was in goal or the wall they weren't saving that

choice_of_ends

I will never understand, why goalkeepers do not stand in the middle of a goal. They see the ball very late anyway - from the middle they could have at least 50% Chance for each corner.

Woolly Mammoth

The tallest defender in the wall should be located at the far end of the wall, with his inside shoulder, level with the far post.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: MrD1879 on August 19, 2018, 03:42:57 PM
The guy hit the side netting from a free-kick all you can do is applaud that mine only criticism is we had three chances to clear it before conceding the free-kick.
Don't care who was in goal or the wall they weren't saving that

hear! hear!