watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slowly climbing the table

Started by SP, August 19, 2018, 02:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Looks as though we're about to benefit from the haves against the have nots.

ChesterTheTabby

We are most certainly better than Huddersfield and Cardiff... just need to be better than Burnley, Bournemouth, Southampton l, or Watford now. Easier said than done I know.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: maoconnor on August 19, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
We are most certainly better than Huddersfield and Cardiff... just need to be better than Burnley, Bournemouth, Southampton l, or Watford now. Easier said than done I know.

Brighton too.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 19, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

Brighton too.
After yesterdays game I think we are arguably better than Newcastle too.

Fernhurst

Ageeed 👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 19, 2018, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 19, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

Brighton too.

Plus they are always one or two missteps by Ashley from imploding.

bornafulhamfan

Think we could be better than Wolves and West Ham too. But I really like the way Watford plays and although I think we could get something in those games, that they will be better than us this season.

choice_of_ends

We aren't better than Burnley, Brighton, Watford, Southampton.
I would be happy to see three teams worse, most probably Cardiff and Huddersfield two of them.

Statto

Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 19, 2018, 04:39:07 PM
I would be happy to see three teams worse, most probably Cardiff and Huddersfield two of them.

Your opinion, but it's just that, opinion. We certainly have to potential to be better than all those teams this season

With Burnley in particular it is almost impossible to say who's better. They're an odd, paradoxical team that's managed to grind out good results and league positions, despite not having much possession or showing any of the typical qualities of a decent PL team. They're almost the opposite of us, and a bit like a more successful Cardiff. I have absolutely no idea where they'll finish. Could be 7th, could be 19th -both equally likely for them IMO. 

St Eve

yes we are. I fully expect Southampton to go down

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2018, 07:34:00 PM

Your opinion, but it's just that, opinion. We certainly have to potential to be better than all those teams this season

With Burnley in particular it is almost impossible to say who's better. They're an odd, paradoxical team that's managed to grind out good results and league positions, despite not having much possession or showing any of the typical qualities of a decent PL team. They're almost the opposite of us, and a bit like a more successful Cardiff. I have absolutely no idea where they'll finish. Could be 7th, could be 19th -both equally likely for them IMO.
The more I read your posts, the more I think we aren't far away from each other. The market value of all squad players might be Premier League midfield, but that's a far cry from saying we are performing as a team. Teams like Bournemouth have definitely an advantage. And our disadvantage is the late arrival of our new signings. I am convinced that we'll start getting our points - hopefully not too late.

Andy S

10 wins and a few draws is usually enough

YoungsBitter

Without going over the same ground or stating the blindingly obvious what will be a critical element to our success is not just how well we adjust, gel, play as a team but how the others do and we need 3 others to not do as well.
I think Hughes will not be able to get his team to perform and will not inspire Saints, like he could not inspire a relatively expensively assembled squad at Haha's.
Cardiff's issue will be more of overall quality and I cannot see Colin having the technical nouse to grab enough points, as much as they will fight for him. Huddersfield are probably in the same situation, good manager but a limited squad.
West Ham have the squad in places but their defense is shocking and Pellegrini is not the most dynamic inspirational coach not is he strong on defensive organization, they may be the wild card big name to go down.
The other one that may struggle is Newcastle, Benitez is great at getting a song out of a banged up cheap violin but all it needs is a couple of key people like Lascelles to get hurt again and they will struggle too.
Having watched Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth games or highlights think they will be fine, good coaches, reasonable spread of talent if no real stars.
I think that Slavisa's style and coaching allows our players to gel quicker than teams without a clear game plan and so with the obvious support of the players and the management he should be given enough time to make this all work. The next two games are critical because if we cannot get going with some points and some good results we will arrive at the Etihad and get mullered like the terriers did today. I will be there so I hope we can make a game of it or it will be a very unpleasant 90 minutes!
Quark, strangeness and charm