watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has Gera Lost His Marbles?

Started by White Noise, October 07, 2010, 05:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6433003,00.html?

Gera hoping for wing role

Hungary ace keen to play out wide

Fulham forward Zoltan Gera is hoping to play out wide more under Mark Hughes, rather than in an advanced position.

Gera does not believe his style of play is suited to a striker role which Hughes demands, whereas he does enjoy operating out wide.

The talented schemer believes that with a little patience and hard work he can become a regular under Hughes.

"I really enjoy training but (Hughes') tactics differ from Roy Hodgson's," he told skysports.com. "Hughes wants a strong striker who can run into the space and hold the ball, but I'm not that kind of player.

Style

"My best chance to play is on either wing where I also like playing. In 4-4-2 our wingers are not very close to the touchline. They can play quite free football. They can run into the centre part of the pitch. This fits my style.

"I'm happy to see that I may have the possibility to play as a winger. I'm patient and know that if I go on like this then I'll be a regular member of the starting line-up."

Hodgson worked wonders during his time at Fulham, although he has failed to make an immediate impact with his new club Liverpool.
Gera feels for Hodgson and knows that it will take time for the experienced tactician to stamp his authority on Anfield.

"This is a tough time for Hodgson," he continued. "Liverpool played another type of football before under their ex-manager (Rafa Benitez).

"I think Hodgson is trying to shape the team to play the way he imagined. The building of the team - like at any other team - takes some time."

finnster01

Didn't we try this experiment for the longest with very limited success?  :046:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LordNelson

Gera was not too good out there the last time we tried that.  This is looney.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

epsomraver

You are right Finn, Gera only really came into his own feeding off BZ in the middle, I thought that when he was poor for us as a wide man it was stated that he was out of position and played his best football at WB in the centre just behind the striker, I am confused, perhaps it lost something in translation

TonyGilroy

Gera's best position is also Dembele's and Dempsey's.

Banstead White

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 07, 2010, 06:04:56 PM

Gera's best position is also Dembele's and Dempsey's.
Correct and there quite possibly lies his problem.....I think he is missing first team games, i wish him well...
Roysie

LRCN

i dunno, it was the home game against arsenal when he played on the right when he 'turned round' his fulham career. if given licence to roam a bit and come into the channels he can be dangerous on the wing.

SmithyFFC

Thanks Zoltan, I'll never forgetten that goal against Hamburg. Horrible feeling that this means hes gonna be pushed out of the team.

:clap_hands: There's only on Zoltan Gera  :clap_hands:
FTID